Dr. Eric Lin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

March 4th, 2016
Do not recommend
Dr. Eric Lin spent 5 minutes wth me. Talked about my back pain, said he could see nothing major wrong on MRI. Referred to PT.. I left feeling like I wanted my 20 dollar co pay back so I could see another back specialist. He made me feel as if I was imagining my leg and back pain. Not a good way to leave a specialists office.

January 13th, 2016
Exceptional surgeon, highly recommend!!!
Exceptional surgeon, he has performed two (2) spinal surgeries on my spine for different problems with no problems and fantastic recovery. I have a very normal life now. Thank you for asking!

May 27th, 2015
I think highly of Dr Lin as a surgeon and even more as a kind courteous man

July 2nd, 2013
Arrogant, not interested in after care.
Dr Lin strongly advised cervical fusion of C5-7. I was on severe pain immediately after surgery. I told Dr Lin of my pain, he acted like it could not be possible. For a year of follow-ups, I was told everything was ok and there appeared to be no reason for my pain. 3 years of pain meds and muscle relaxants before I was finally told by a neurosurgeon that my fusion never healed and I essentially had a broken neck. I had it refused and have felt amazing. 2 weeks now, pain med free! I could forgiven the fact that it didn't heal, but cannot forgive the total disregard for my pain in my aftercare.

May 1st, 2013
Best decision I ever made was to have my back surgery with Dr. Lin
I'm almost six months out of a spinal fusion performed by Dr. Lin, and I am pain-free for the first time in years. On the long rabbit-hole I went down trying to get my back problems diagnosed, I went to at least 10 different doctors -- none of whom could give me a really solid answer. Dr. Lin quickly saw what the problem was, took a good amount of time explaining it to me, and told me what he thought would solve the problem. Not wanting to hear the 'S' word (surgery), I sought out a couple of second opinions, but Dr. Lin ended up being right. Even after I figured this out, I still needed a couple of visits just so I could make sure that I was making the right choice, and again, Dr. Lin spent as much time as it took for me to get comfortable with the decision. Dr. Lin is a highly skilled doctor who seems to exceptionally well regarded by other docs and staff at St. Jude. His staff is really friendly and helpful. I've always been able to get an appointment easily. If I was to point out one area for improvement, I would say it's his "bedside manner" -- there were a couple of times when I sensed he was a little impatient with me, but I think that's what happens when someone is really smart and convinced about something. That aside, he is a great surgeon and I truly believe he has his patients' best interests at heart.

April 6th, 2013
My neck pain is gone!!! Thank you, Dr Lin. His care and compassion, his bedside manner, and his surgical skills are second to none. He is a competent young surgeon who literally made my life livable again. I highly recommend him. My family and I thank Dr Lin from the bottom of our hearts.

October 23rd, 2012
Knowledgable and Compassionate
After waiting 3-4 weeks, 2 trips to the ER and a three day stay in the hospital, I finally got to meet Dr. Lin. He addressed the spinal problem, installed some awesome hardware in my back, and turned me into a functional human being again. He was a blessing.

October 18th, 2012
Expert, Humble & Genuinely Caring
As a 60 year old athlete I was not wanting to be "put out to pasture". Dr. Lin understood that & here I am one year after a L3/4 fusion & laminectomy & I have full freedom of movement, no more pain & a positive outlook on life again. His bedside manner & willingness to pay attention to personal needs was at the highest level of concern we have experienced by any doctor & beleive me this procedure was not my first. I would not hesitate to go back & in fact most likely entrust my neck surgery to Dr. Lin. My wife is a beleiver too. He is young enough to still be "hungry" but mature enough to have the experience & knowledge which provides great confidence as a patient. GO FOR IT.

July 15th, 2012
Disapointed
Before surgery Dr. Lin gave my back problem attention. The first visit after surgery he could not believe my lower back pain increased and ordered a MRI. The second visit I expressed severe pain on both sides of lower back and without looking or discussing my MRI or looking at the bugles in my back he ship me off to therapy 3 months after surgery. I felt disapointed in the way he treated me.

July 4th, 2012
Efficient, attentive, caring & friendly. Dr. Lin explained fully what my problems were, what he was going to do and what to expect. His follow up was very good and his staff is responsive and helpful. I had problems getting an appointment for the initial MRI but his office tried to be helpful by sending me out of our apparently busy area, I still had a 2 week wait so I went to the ER. Dr. Lin saw me in his office early the next morning and I had an epidural to help me until surgery could be scheduled. Because he is the great doctor that he is he is very busy so the appointments were not as prompt as I would have preferred. Overall a positive experience if necessary!

November 17th, 2011
Amazing
Dr Lin is great. I went in with a lot of pain and loss of mu mobility. He scheduled me right away for surgery after my diagnoses. He was able to get all my tests scheduled for the same day. I saw him before and after my surgery. He is very caring and very skilled. I literally left the hospital able to walk again. He's great!

October 19th, 2011
As a nurse who has worked at St Jude for over 25 years, we see how consistently well Dr. Lin's surgeries go and how his patients recover quickly and have success. I had my husband see him and Dr. Lin performed fusion surgery for his severe neck and arm pain. It has been 3 years and I continue to be reminded at work, and at home, of how thankful I am to have had Dr. Lin as our surgeon.