Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.4827586206897 of 4 stars
by B.L. on Jul 23rd, 2013

I've had two procedures performed by Dr. Lin and his supporting professional staff. The first being a L3-4 laminectomy (10/26/10, outpatient), the second a C3-6 Anterior-Cervical Discectomy Fusion (4/3/12, short hospital stay). Both procedures were, in my estimation, absolute successes. The recovery from the L3-4 stenosis surgery was quick, and the sciatic pain gone just as quickly. Recovery from the cervical procedure was longer, as to be expected, but the pain I had endured for seven years was immediately relieved. There is no better testimonial than to say if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't hesitate to entrust Dr Lin with my physical well being.

|  Arrogant, not interested in after care.  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

Dr Lin strongly advised cervical fusion of C5-7. I was on severe pain immediately after surgery. I told Dr Lin of my pain, he acted like it could not be possible. For a year of follow-ups, I was told everything was ok and there appeared to be no reason for my pain. 3 years of pain meds and muscle relaxants before I was finally told by a neurosurgeon that my fusion never healed and I essentially had a broken neck. I had it refused and have felt amazing. 2 weeks now, pain med free! I could forgiven the fact that it didn't heal, but cannot forgive the total disregard for my pain in my aftercare.

|  Best decision I ever made was to have my back surgery with Dr. Lin  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

I'm almost six months out of a spinal fusion performed by Dr. Lin, and I am pain-free for the first time in years. On the long rabbit-hole I went down trying to get my back problems diagnosed, I went to at least 10 different doctors -- none of whom could give me a really solid answer. Dr. Lin quickly saw what the problem was, took a good amount of time explaining it to me, and told me what he thought would solve the problem. Not wanting to hear the 'S' word (surgery), I sought out a couple of second opinions, but Dr. Lin ended up being right. Even after I figured this out, I still needed a couple of visits just so I could make sure that I was making the right choice, and again, Dr. Lin spent as much time as it took for me to get comfortable with the decision. Dr. Lin is a highly skilled doctor who seems to exceptionally well regarded by other docs and staff at St. Jude. His staff is really friendly and helpful. I've always been able to get an appointment easily. If I was to point out one area for improvement, I would say it's his "bedside manner" -- there were a couple of times when I sensed he was a little impatient with me, but I think that's what happens when someone is really smart and convinced about something. That aside, he is a great surgeon and I truly believe he has his patients' best interests at heart.

Apr 6th, 2013

My neck pain is gone!!! Thank you, Dr Lin. His care and compassion, his bedside manner, and his surgical skills are second to none. He is a competent young surgeon who literally made my life livable again. I highly recommend him. My family and I thank Dr Lin from the bottom of our hearts.

|  Knowledgable and Compassionate  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2012

After waiting 3-4 weeks, 2 trips to the ER and a three day stay in the hospital, I finally got to meet Dr. Lin. He addressed the spinal problem, installed some awesome hardware in my back, and turned me into a functional human being again. He was a blessing.

|  Expert, Humble & Genuinely Caring  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

As a 60 year old athlete I was not wanting to be "put out to pasture". Dr. Lin understood that & here I am one year after a L3/4 fusion & laminectomy & I have full freedom of movement, no more pain & a positive outlook on life again. His bedside manner & willingness to pay attention to personal needs was at the highest level of concern we have experienced by any doctor & beleive me this procedure was not my first. I would not hesitate to go back & in fact most likely entrust my neck surgery to Dr. Lin. My wife is a beleiver too. He is young enough to still be "hungry" but mature enough to have the experience & knowledge which provides great confidence as a patient. GO FOR IT.

|  Disapointed  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

Before surgery Dr. Lin gave my back problem attention. The first visit after surgery he could not believe my lower back pain increased and ordered a MRI. The second visit I expressed severe pain on both sides of lower back and without looking or discussing my MRI or looking at the bugles in my back he ship me off to therapy 3 months after surgery. I felt disapointed in the way he treated me.

Jul 4th, 2012

Efficient, attentive, caring & friendly. Dr. Lin explained fully what my problems were, what he was going to do and what to expect. His follow up was very good and his staff is responsive and helpful. I had problems getting an appointment for the initial MRI but his office tried to be helpful by sending me out of our apparently busy area, I still had a 2 week wait so I went to the ER. Dr. Lin saw me in his office early the next morning and I had an epidural to help me until surgery could be scheduled. Because he is the great doctor that he is he is very busy so the appointments were not as prompt as I would have preferred. Overall a positive experience if necessary!

|  Miracle worker  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

Dr Lin made my life better. I had a 6mm herniation in my cervical spine c6,c7 and life was unbearable. Constant spasms in my scapulary region, intense headaches, my rhomboid muscle was constantly cramping, pins and needles in my left arm all the way to my fingertips, and my arm would just fail when I would try to lift things. I was referred to the LDR group at casa colima in Pomona and they scared me to death. I needed immediate surgery or else they said. The wife of a friend of mine had Dr Lin perform her spinal surgery and she's doing great. Dr Lin assured me that I wasn't in danger of becoming paralyzed but that my pain would only get worse the longer I put off surgery. He won me over with his simple logic and I am as happy as can be today. His staff is awesome! Jana was great during my follow ups and Renee Camacho checked in on me after my surgery with an occasional phone all. If you need surgery, see Dr Lin, I would go to him again if I have any more spinal issues.R Frias Glendora, Ca

|  Amazing  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2011

Dr Lin is great. I went in with a lot of pain and loss of mu mobility. He scheduled me right away for surgery after my diagnoses. He was able to get all my tests scheduled for the same day. I saw him before and after my surgery. He is very caring and very skilled. I literally left the hospital able to walk again. He's great!

Oct 19th, 2011

As a nurse who has worked at St Jude for over 25 years, we see how consistently well Dr. Lin's surgeries go and how his patients recover quickly and have success. I had my husband see him and Dr. Lin performed fusion surgery for his severe neck and arm pain. It has been 3 years and I continue to be reminded at work, and at home, of how thankful I am to have had Dr. Lin as our surgeon.

Oct 6th, 2011

He is not nice at all. He made me feel bad and uncomfortable. I never be there again.

|  Exceeded expectations  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

It's been about 3 months since my back surgery with Dr. Lin and I am doing fantastic. I am very happy with the care I received from him and his nurses/assistants. I had seen a different spine surgeon in the area who also recommended the same surgery, but Dr. Lin offered a less invasive approach. He did not push it but was extremely thorough and knowledgeable about the differences between it and open laminectomy surgery, and actually felt that the less invasive procedure would give me a similar outcome. I went home the same day and am convinced that we made the right decision going with this newer technique. I am really grateful for Dr. Lin's professionalism and expertise. Throughout the process, he and his nurses were very accessible for all sorts of questions/concerns, which was invaluable and very much appreciated. Dr. Lin and his staff definitely exceeded my expectations.

|  Dr Lin -Highly recommended  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

Great doc. Great credentials and training. Easy to get an appointment. No wait time during the appointment. He is to the point, smart, efficient. The whole office experience was so efficient. Surgery went great, recuperation was speedy, and my back never felt better. I was one of those who were hesitant about back surgery; especially since friends told me not to get it done. But I'm sure glad I went to Dr. Lin - Back surgeries DO work. I highly recommend him. What a top notch doc, top notch surgery, top notch service overall. Thanks, Dr. Lin.

|  Thank you, Dr. Lin  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2011

Not sure how Dr. Lin can be getting these negative comments. I only have but rave reviews for Dr. Lin. He literally changed my life. I had been having severe back pain and every doctor had failed in diagnosing and treating me. I went to Dr. Lin and after trying conservative treatments, he knew he had to do what needed to be done. The surgery went so smoothly. Of course, it wasn't 100% better right after surgery (which is expected) but after a few weeks, it was literally night and day. I got my life back! And I have Dr. Lin to thank for that. He is tremendously professional as evident in his bedside manner. He is unlike any surgeons I have encountered in my many years - he is sincere/genuinely nice/funny/not pushy and very skilled at what he does. I would recommend Dr. Lin to my family and friends in an instant. I am one of the lucky ones - to have been under his care.

Mar 8th, 2011

had 2 failed surgeries with dr lin..wanted me to have a 3rd surgery. went to another doctor, and he had to remove everything and fix what dr lin did wrong...plus he lied to me. i feel sorry for anyone who goes to him...ruined 3 years of my life. he never once called to see how i was. he is a doctor who truly does not care.

|  After care  |  show details
by E. H. F. of San Marcos, CA. on Jan 14th, 2011

I am totally disapointed in Dr. Lin... be it his office staff or him, I can not get an appointment with him... only with this sip of an surgeon assistant, she thiniks she knows it all... she does not listen to what I am saying. she appears to have a set speach and sticks to it. I live about 85 miles away and she, her name is Jana, wants me to come in three times a week for therapy... I asked for a referral and I would find a place in my county, she ignored me and gave me orders to come to them... that would be 90 minutes going and 90 minutes returniing this times three per week... she is nuts. I had a very extensive surgery... and yet, Dr. Lin appears to hide behind this girl. What is up with that? is he a good doctor? I thought so at first he was caring before and while in hospital... now I can't reach him. I am not returning to see this young girl who things of herelf as my medical proffesional... I will seek help from a neuro-surgeon... I should have gone to one in first place... People be ware of the after treatment you get from Dr. Lin.

|  I had surgery  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

Dr. appeared to be very caring during the initial visit before surgery... at the Hospital he continued with his caring manner. I was pleased with him. Then came the after are, I insisted on seeing him, instead of his assistand Jana, I saw him once very briefly, then after that I have not been able to reach him or see him. Jana takes over, she is an opiniated know it all young, slightly glorifies nurse, who will not let me ask my questions, I have developed problems after the surgery and my numbness in my legs has returnede. she said, we told yoiu you were a difficult case, yiou had a lot of surgey. Yes, I did... so were is Doctor Lin, he is the one I went to see, he operated on me, though she, Jana was present in the operating room assisting him, she is not my doctor. I can not reach dr. Lin, he is insulated by her. I live almost a ninety miles away and it is diffecult for me to go in, but I do I want to see my doctor not some self- appointed over cellous little snip, wjho is insulting and goes on raddling out some speach she has memorized which does not answer the questions I ask. I am dissapointed in Dr. Eric Lin!E.F. of San Marcos, CA.

|  Nice, Professional, Knowledgeable  |  show details
by Mr. Lewis on Sep 13th, 2010

I was in need of a fast appointment with a well qualified back / spine specialist. Having had issues with my lumbar discs for several yeas with no recent flair-ups, I recently had severe flair-up that required immediate attention. I was able to get an appointment easily was attended to in caring manner. He requested that I have an MRI after reviewing current x-rays (I was not surprised - any doctor would have ordered them with my symptoms). I was asked to contact his office as soon as I had an appointment to have the MRI done. When I went to make the MRI appointment, I was informed that it would be over 2 weeks out. I called Dr. Lin's nurse (Renee) and she re-routed my referral to a new facility where I was able to get in that day. I called Dr. Lin's office back with my MRI appointment date and was able to get in to see Dr. Lin the next Monday (MRI was on Friday). He read the MRI on site (no report was available), and explained to me what he saw in detail. We discussed options (both future and immediate). He did not recommend surgery (at this time) due to my age, activity level, and severity of injury. But he did caution that, in time, surgery would be a good possibility. On both visits, he spent at least 20 minutes with me and I did not feel rushed at all at any time. I would highly suggest Dr. Lin. He impressed both myself and my wife so much, my wife scheduled an appointment for a second opinion for her grade 3 spondylolisthesis.

|  Great care  |  show details
by LE on May 6th, 2008

I was extremely impressed by Dr. Lin. I went to see him because I had friends who eventually needed surgery by him and have done exceptionally well. I had seen other spine specialists who immediately recommended surgery for me but he reassured me that I had other options. He is young, but I like that because he is up to date and obviously conservative at the same time.

|  new  |  show details
by gm on Mar 14th, 2008

inexperienced but good humor. he was unable to help and was in a rush. went to another doctor who did much better. give this guy a few more years.