Dr. Eric Lohse MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Springfield, IL

• Good
  • Bad

November 8th, 2015
Springfield, IL lost the BEST opthalmologist when Dr. Lohse left. My husband and I would probably drive to wherever Dr. Lohse is now but it probably would be too far away! Very HUGE gap to fill!

August 7th, 2013
Professional
I have been seeing Dr. Lohse for over 20 years and I can only say that he is an excellent doctor. He takes time to speak with me, explain things to me and let me know what my options are. I cant say enough good things about him.

May 29th, 2013
A senior citizen
I've seen Dr Lohse 2 times, first time he spent 5 mins with me and said I had 3 major eye diseases (no tests taken). Then said I needed cataract surgery and asked if I have ins? When I said no but I was on the CATCH program, he stated he'd check out how that works and left the room I was in. CATCH set up the rooms, etc at either hospital in Sprgfld, then they tried to reach him, which took many attempts, asked him when he could volunteer his time, he changed his mind, now I don't need the surgery. They sent me to another for 2nd opinion and they said yes I needed the surgery, (a different place helped me and paid for the surg) however the surgery I had gotten in only one eye didn't turn out like it should have (now I'm afraid to do the other eye with the same dr) So this place said let's send you to Dr Lohse, tell him what happened, be honest and ask for his help and see if he'll help you. Well, I have never been so humiliated in my life! He was rude, acted as if I had committed a major sin by going to someone else and that I should go back to the other doctor and left the room!! He was extremely rude and would not discuss the issue with me. This is a doctor who cares about the MONEY as far as I can tell, not one who is caring or compassionate. I would NOT recommend him at all. NEVER!! I am still upset and I know my blood pressure is sky high right now. I was as nice and honest as I could be and I just left the office with my head hung down. Then I decided that if he treated me this way, then others should know about it. Maybe save them the humiliation I went through. NO I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE!! I'm sure he'll know who I am but I don't care, Dr Lohse, I thought you were a doctor who cared, I was wrong. AND you owe me an apology for your rudeness!! Oh and you owe your nurse an apology also, she was trying to type it all in for you and you embarrassed her in front of me!!

January 15th, 2012
23 Year Patient
Dr. Lohse is absolutely one of the most caring and professional Drs I have ever met. I have been seeing him for over 23 years and I trust him explicitly and know that he is concerned for my well being. He takes the time to talk and if I need to see him, he gets me right in.

October 30th, 2016