Dr. Eric Lonseth, MD
Anesthesiologist, Pain Medicine

Long wait show details Long wait
by Ra on May 5th, 2015

I was referred by a surgeon who knew him, All part of a network. My wait was about 45 mins before I got to the back. I was seated with my back to the office where the staff is. There were about 5 or more. Talking about patient and calling her names with a waiting room filled with waiting patients. I think it was a woman patient they were talking about because of the words used. They continued to talk and complain about her for about 10 min. I had to wonder if my wait time would have been shorter if they would have actually did work instead of sitting around talking about a patient. Waited another 25 in the room . Dr was nice but I will go else where, the same staff that were loudly complaining about a patient were then smiling at me.

Back pain doctor show details Back pain doctor
by Billy Thompson on Apr 18th, 2015

Very caring. Very smart. My wife's doctor. He came highly recommend for back back pain.

Great Dr., Be prepared to wait, some staff are clueless. show details Great Dr., Be prepared to wait, some staff are clueless.
by Long Time Patient on Apr 9th, 2015

Dr Longseth is an extremely knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. At the foremost he IS NOT a pain medicine DISPENSARY. He takes the time to learn about your symptoms, pain pattern and level in order to find the best course if action. This process at times may take several visits, various procedures and medication trial and error. At the least patience is needed and cooperation is expected but the end product is "PAIN MANAGEMENT" or possibly pain reduction. The down side is his office and staff. Be prepared to wait, on average an hour with some visits lasting two plus hours. This can be taxing especially when your suffering from pain. Most of his staff are friendly and competent. Friendliness and a compassionate doctor however to not equate to the problems that come with the staff that are INCOMPETENT. I have personally and have first hand have witness, medication over sites. Only to feel bothersome when you call or arrive to inquire. Sometimes these over sites have caused panicked patients that have horrible withdrawal symptoms begging for medication that should have been prescribed and sent according. If you need procedures or equipment approved be prepared for disappointment. Petra , his office manager is by no measure the most useless and lazy of his office staff. I have personally witnessed and observed Petra lying to patients that have unknowingly shown up for procedures that had not been approved for what ever reasons. These patients had shown up at their respective time for much needed surgery or injections only to be told that they did not have an appointment. After patients further questions and frustration the root of their problem lay within Petra's lack of aptitude and simple laziness to get procedures approved. These incidents have happened personally, in the excessive of eight times, witnessed uncomfortably around twenty times and discussed in Dr. Lonseth waiting room with a plethora of different patients. What Petra lack in competence she makes up for in her ability to be a pathological lier. I've listened to her lie in her explanation of her incompetence to unsuspecting patients (most elderly). Then have patients in the waiting room discuss that they too have had similar issues or excuses from Petra. Having the same problems with the same staff, often pinpoints a serious problem. Most if not all of the patients that I have spoken to have explained that, their problems mostly revolve about this particular staff member. You will have to document your previous care pattern and relate your pain problems with doctor Lonseth. He does have many patients and you could possible fall between the cracks. That being said, he is a good doctor and is a good patient advocate.

Jan 20th, 2015

After my first appt I knew that this was not the physician for me. Had to wait 2 weeks to be diagnosed. Not what I expect with today's medical technology. Expect to wait.

Oct 13th, 2014

Waited over 2 hours for procedure then 1 & 1/2 hours at follow up appointment. I walked out of follow up appt. No regard for time.

A very good doctor show details A very good doctor
by Dao on Sep 17th, 2013

He took a lot of time with me. He cured my back ache. Very nice.

Best Pain Doctor in Metairie show details Best Pain Doctor in Metairie
by Coach T. on Aug 10th, 2013

I really like that Dr. Lonseth tried to figure out what's the mater with my back and why I have had back pain for so long. He didn't just give me pills. He sat and listened. It was not my a disc problem that everyone, including my Neurosurgeon, assumed it was. It took 2 epidural steroid injections. Truthfully, while I don't have 100% pain relief yet (closer to 70 or 80%) it is enough for me to keep working and coaching my kids baseball team. Very pleased with the whole thing. Likeable doctor and I give him high marks!

Dr. Has good days & bad. Staff is Horrible. show details Dr. Has good days & bad. Staff is Horrible.
Jun 1st, 2013

Dr. Lonseth is very caring and compassionate. He will take the time to try and help or find the appropriate help that is needed to get you better. Bedside manners are fantastic and his staff for the most part are courteous and polite. That being said, the downside is Dr. Lonseths follow up on his own recommendations. He is not very good with following up with what he said he would do, ie;referrals to other specialist or PT, calling you back with results or information. The staff while courteous are clueless. The front desk, Delores would rather check her phone than address your presence. While making appointments her approach is a take it or leave it attitude. Her demeanor could change instantly and it's obviuos she would rather not be there wasting her time on you. The intake nurses are courteous and have seen a endless rotation of new faces. If you need something from them you are out of luck. They forget prescriptions, forget calling in procedures and forget to cancel your appointment if needed. I've seen noumerous patients turned away for early morning procedures because the staff was not able to secure approval and forgot to call the patient(at least a dozen) I've seen patients begging for medicine or prescriptions that were not timly called in or lost the moment the Dr. Wrote them. If you dare to question the staffs qualifications or lack of, your black listed. His staff is not qualified to sharpen a pencil and you'll be waiting weeks into months for simple procedures because they couldn't be bothered. The more you call the more you get ignored.

great doc and knows what he is doingg3 show details great doc and knows what he is doingg3
Jun 5th, 2012

I have had 2 procedures do at his office and the first was good the 2nd was done real recent still waiting for the jury to come in on that one.he tries his hardiest to do the best he csn,makes you v feel comfortable an has a staff that rocks your world.thanks for it all

Unhappy show details Unhappy
Jan 4th, 2012

Dr. doesn't get back w/ you. Have seen him for months and still in severe pain. Staff says I bother them because I call back when I do not receive a return call from Dr. Took me off of my pain med (cold turkey)that I had been on for over 10 yrs. and I hallucinated for about a month. It was miserable. I am still in severe pain and truly do not know what to do or what is next for me. Not a good situation at all. If he is so good, why am I not any better at all? Nor has he been compassionate to me at all. Would not recommend to anyone.

Doesn't follow up show details Doesn't follow up
Nov 15th, 2011

Sent to PT where the therapist caused me to sprain my knee and hamstring. Dr wouldn't see me - wanted me to go back to PT even though I could hardly walk. Had to go to ER. He also wanted my PCP to change my meds. My PCP said why couldn't he do the prescription. Lazy doctor just wants to get other doctors to do his work for him.

Find another doctor! show details Find another doctor!
Aug 26th, 2011

Dr Lonseth did not take my complaints about pain seriously. He made me VERY uncomfortable with his uncalled for line of questioning. I would not go back. Also, when I was having my first epidural, the staff was rude and made me very uncomfortable. It was not a good experience and I would NOT go back.

Dr. Lonseth is very caring. show details Dr. Lonseth is very caring.
Jul 10th, 2011

Found Dr. Lonseth to be very caring. Very smart and knowledgeable physician to be sure, but doesn't know a darn thing about LSU football. But hey, we can't all be perfect. Actually, he is very caring and thoughtful. It shows and I am grateful. I highly recommend seeing him if you or someone you love is suffering with pain.

My wife has no back pain. show details My wife has no back pain.
May 10th, 2011

Dr. Lonseth was very kind. He helped my wife and I understand our treatment options. Explained things thouroughly. Did a verteroplasty with bone cement after my wife fractured her spine because of the fragile bones with her osteoarthritis. She now has no pain. I say thank you. Ronald

L B Selle show details L B Selle
Dec 20th, 2010

This office has offered the best care for my back pain. I've seen Dr. Lonseth for a few years now and think the world of him and his staff.

Pain Free show details Pain Free
Dec 2nd, 2010

I have not felt this good in years. He sees what others have not. Dr. Lonseth cares about me, about my pain, about how it affects my family life and work life and it truly shows. I can not praise Dr. Lonseth high enough. Plus, everyone at his office is pleasant and smiles. Seems minor detail but makes us feel welcome.

outstanding and compassionate doctor show details outstanding and compassionate doctor
by Neil Baum on Apr 26th, 2010

He really understand the needs and wants of his patients. He makes you feel that you are the most important person in the world when you are with him. I feel better as soon as I leave the office. There is no better pain management doctor in this region than Dr. Lonseth.

Great staff!! show details Great staff!!
Feb 2nd, 2010

Great staff!! Very nice nurses.Everyone is so respectful and understanding. Dr. Lonseth himself was able to relieve my pain completeley when others just wanted to give me prescriptions. I am blessed. Thank you

Excellent and caring physician show details Excellent and caring physician
by Laura B. on Jan 25th, 2010

Highly recommended by my neurosurgeon as the best pain doctor in the New Orleans area. I would have to agree.

Apr 14th, 2009

Wonderful doctor.Dr. Lonseth spent much time with me to understand my concerns. Very thoughtful.

Mar 12th, 2009