Dr. Eric Macy MD Patient Reviews

• Allergy and Immunology San Diego, CA

1.7

April 8th, 2015
Don't see this doctor!!!!
First of all, good luck trying to speak to him to TELL HIM WHAT is going on with you. You will be interrupted constantly. He's not a good listener at all and doesn't take the time to understand what kind of symptoms you are having. I feel like it was a complete waste of an appointment and I wasn't able to ask the questions I needed concerning my symptoms. The appointment was TOO quick and felt rushed. I was also prescribed medications I have already taken or received. If you get an appointment with Dr Macy, reschedule with another doctor immediately. You will be better off.

February 3rd, 2015
most terrible doctor I've ever had
This doctor was arrogant and completely rude. He acted as if he knew everything and wouldn't even let me tell him what was going on with me. This doctor never even examined me for the rash I've been having for months. He wouldn't let me talk and kept interrupting me. He made me feel as if I was stupid. He prescribed me a cream that iv been taking for months and has thinned my skin and my rash has not improved at all. He did not care to look at it or do prescribe me something else. Now it's been months and nothing is better and I have scars and bruises.

August 8th, 2011
If only doctors actually knew as much as this guy thinks he does.
Maybe I got him on a bad day, but my overall impression is that he's got a very big ego, and is not a good listener. He assumed to know my symptoms, and when I tried to clarify one, he got snippy, and still insisted he was right. Later, when I told him I recently started getting nauseous when I eat eggs and/or cheese, he suggested it was probably psychosomatic, because of my age, and that I wasn't allergic to them. Also said I was very subdued, which surprised me, and that I should be on antidepressants. I ended up agreeing and nodding my head at whatever he said about halfway through, just so I could get out of there sooner. Wasted appointment. He did agree with me that I don't have asthma like the last 3 doctors insist I do when I go in for bronchitis. They also say I don't have bronchitis. His staff is good; friendly. But I would not recommend them just to see this doctor.