Dr. Eric Macy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Macy?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Eric Macy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

June 30th, 2017

Awful Experience

Meeting with this doctor was overwhelming. As soon as he came in, he started throwing several questions at me and had decided within about a minute what my problem was, without taking the time to really hear me explain what's been going on. When I tried to explain the experiences I've had with my health issue, he condescendingly brushed my ideas off, saying that I had it all wrong. Whenever he would explain what he thought my problem was, he did so very quickly and in medical language that I could not understand. I felt so overwhelmed by the confusing information and my ideas not being taken seriously, I started to tear up a bit and just told him I believed what he said so that he wouldn't talk down to me anymore. I left without having any tools with which to really manage my problem.

April 9th, 2015

Don't see this doctor!!!!

First of all, good luck trying to speak to him to TELL HIM WHAT is going on with you. You will be interrupted constantly. He's not a good listener at all and doesn't take the time to understand what kind of symptoms you are having. I feel like it was a complete waste of an appointment and I wasn't able to ask the questions I needed concerning my symptoms. The appointment was TOO quick and felt rushed. I was also prescribed medications I have already taken or received. If you get an appointment with Dr Macy, reschedule with another doctor immediately. You will be better off.

February 3rd, 2015

most terrible doctor I've ever had

This doctor was arrogant and completely rude. He acted as if he knew everything and wouldn't even let me tell him what was going on with me. This doctor never even examined me for the rash I've been having for months. He wouldn't let me talk and kept interrupting me. He made me feel as if I was stupid. He prescribed me a cream that iv been taking for months and has thinned my skin and my rash has not improved at all. He did not care to look at it or do prescribe me something else. Now it's been months and nothing is better and I have scars and bruises.

August 9th, 2011

If only doctors actually knew as much as this guy thinks he does.

Maybe I got him on a bad day, but my overall impression is that he's got a very big ego, and is not a good listener. He assumed to know my symptoms, and when I tried to clarify one, he got snippy, and still insisted he was right. Later, when I told him I recently started getting nauseous when I eat eggs and/or cheese, he suggested it was probably psychosomatic, because of my age, and that I wasn't allergic to them. Also said I was very subdued, which surprised me, and that I should be on antidepressants. I ended up agreeing and nodding my head at whatever he said about halfway through, just so I could get out of there sooner. Wasted appointment. He did agree with me that I don't have asthma like the last 3 doctors insist I do when I go in for bronchitis. They also say I don't have bronchitis. His staff is good; friendly. But I would not recommend them just to see this doctor.

February 2nd, 2015