Dr. Eric Mair MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 4th, 2016
Dr. Mair is a fantastic doctor. He truly cares for his patients, and is sensitive to their parents (us) as they wade through the many emotions that come along with a visit to a specialist such as himself. He spent a very long time with us. We never felt rushed. He accurately diagnosed our daughter, and she loved him! We will return with any and all future needs. Five stars.

February 11th, 2014
No Help
First off Dr. Mair is a very personable doctor so he is easy to like. Unfortunately, the conservative approach has our whole family sleepy and tired. He recommended sprays and drops, then removed my daughters adenoids and some turbinate tissue in her nose. A month later my daughter was snoring, gasping for air and struggling to breathe through her nose as if she never had surgery! Then when we went back to him and he was very abrupt and dismissive and recommended a sleep study! Sleep study!!??!! That should have been done before you performed surgery! Needless to say we are struggling through the days and nights still now for 2 years now! Not impressed!!

April 24th, 2013
Great doctor
Dr.mair is an AMAZING doctor! He is kind, patient, and most of all... a great surgeon!

February 22nd, 2013
PA nightmare
Do not go to Dr. Mair if you have to see his PA. I have been a long time patient of CEENT myself. I have seen Dr.Alexander(who invented the tubes) and many doctors at CEENT since then (so you understand i have experience with this practice). We were referred to Dr. Mair by another parent who was pleased with him to try and get some help with ,y grandson's sinus/ear condition. Of course, we had to see PA first and had a appt. for Mair in a few weeks. To make a LONG story short, I have never witnessed the rudeness of his PA in dealing with my daughter and grandson. She never looked at his chart . Immediately gave the impression she did not want to be in the room, just looked in his ears, never looked at his nose as we told her this is where it always starts, didn't look in throat...no where but the ears, which happened to be clear because of using ear drops/tubes for 6 months with very little time where drops were not used because of the drainage. This PA would just stare a hole through my daughter instead of answering questions. I remained quiet as i was told to by the PA. She pretty much walked out on us and said see Dr. Mair on your scheduled appt. in a few weeks. Just keep doing the drops.....She did say good-bye, go jump in a river, or anything...Didn't even give daughter a check-out.. In which, personally, I wouldn't have paid for the visit, but of course my daughter did.. This person/PA may have been having a bad day or WE were her bad day, but I'm sure they are trained on how to deal with people/parents. I am a retired teacher of 32 years and had to always deal with irate parents etc. but did it with dignity and compassion. I have always trusted my doctors at CEENT for 40 some years, but I am beginning to wonder, have they gotten too big that they don't have time to train their staff with a better bed side manner. The Nurse was great and check-out girl so I don't want to put the whole practice in this category.

June 15th, 2011
Terrible experience
During our first visit with Eric Mair, he stated that our daughter had enlarged nasal turbinates and an enlarged tongue which could be causing her sleep issues. First he wanted to rule out medications she was on and have the dentist get her a mouth guard and use saline spray. Medication was ruled out and the more conservative approach did not work. We had to wait a month to get a follow-up appointment and then waited an hour and a half for him to tell us that there was nothing he would do to help our daughter. He refused to listen to me and was very dismissive. I have never met such an incompetent and uncaring doctor in my life. At the last appointment, he had a complete treatment plan if the more conservative approach did not work, but now he can do nothing???? Bad bad bad decision to see this guy.

February 6th, 2011
Great ENT
I took my 2 year old son to see Dr. Mair. Not only were we able to get an appointment quickly we were seen very soon after arriving. We were taken back to the exam room and he came in right away. He has great bedside manners. My son loved him and it is no easy task getting him to open his mouth for a doctor. We are scheduled for surgery with him and I feel we have the very best doctor to do this. I would urge anyone needing a pediatric ENT to see Dr. Mair!

October 9th, 2010
When I waited so long after registering I was told by staff that it would always be a long wait to see this dr. If that is so then he needs to have fewer appointments per day instead of one scheduled appointment every 15 minutes! I left after waiting an 1 hr and 10 minutes!