Some ratings provided by DrScore.
knee surgery show details knee surgery
by lori lane on Apr 6th, 2015

Dr. Mirsky did an outstanding job repairing my knee. I highly recommend him and his bedside manner is kind and friendly. He also said if I needed to talk to him, he was available to answer my questions.

Repete Patient for the right reasons! show details Repete Patient for the right reasons!
by Steven Brandes on Feb 6th, 2015

Doctor Mirsky has not only performed six surgeries on me (let's just say I lost out genetically when it came to bones and joints). Everything was properly diagnosed treated and fix. Have always felt completely at ease in his care, and he has 100% accuracy diagnosing issues that I mistakenly thought we're orthopedic!

Very happy with Dr Mirsky show details Very happy with Dr Mirsky
by Elizabeth Dente on May 5th, 2014

I have been going to Dr Mirsky for several years and have recommended him to my family and friends. I have been seen by other ortho doctors and really like Dr Mirsky. I trust him and have been very happy with his treatment of my knees. I can only say that everyone I know who has been treated by him is extremely happy with him. I recommend him highly.

stay away show details stay away
Mar 26th, 2014

Stay away..I should have written this review a couple of years ago instead of complaining to the medical group… I went in for a torn meniscus. Mr Mirsky told me he “did not get paid enough from my insurance” and told me “I was not worth his time”. I tried to find other doctors but once they heard Dr Mirsky had started to treat me, they could not help me so I went back to Dr Mirsky for my operation. My surgery went poorly. I lost flexibility in my led and still struggle to go to work each day. The physical therapist that works on me from the summit medical group told me this is a common problem she sees in his patients. The therapist could not work on my legs for weeks after the surgery because the joint was extremely swollen and filled with fluid and needed to be drained before I could start therapy. Unfortunate when I tried to get Dr Mirsky to drain my knee he told me to call back in 4 to 6 weeks. I had to be persistent just to get him to see me after the surgery. In short Dr Mirsky refused to give me a high level of care because “I was not worth his time. “ Dr Mirsky caused me harm. I would have preferred that he refused to operate on me rather than do a poor job because he felt that the insurance did not pay him enough. I ended up seeing another Dr that explained how important it is to have physical therapy quickly after surgery and that the Dr Mirsky caused me harm and lifelong problems because he did not do the proper follow up care. It is also worth noting that since my operation I have met over a dozen people that have been harmed by this doctor. The story is always the same, this doctor is rude, has a poor attitude and has a history of not listening to his patients concerns leading to miss diagnosing. There are a lot of good caring Dr's, unfortunately this Dr is not one of them.

My experience with Dr. Mirsky has been excellent. show details My experience with Dr. Mirsky has been excellent.
Jan 30th, 2013

My experience with a total right hip replacement performed by Dr. Mirsky this month has been excellent. His surgical skills seem very high. His PAs were thorough in care and follow-up while I was in hospital (Overlook), and his staff at Summit Medical Group Orthopedics has been excellent in post-operative care. I recommend him very highly.

Fast, efficient care show details Fast, efficient care
Nov 29th, 2012

I don't agree with negative comments, yes, this is a fast, efficient office and Dr Mirsky quickly gives you his diagnoses. But I find that great and have recommended him to several people. I really like this doctor and his staff. He is one of the best doctors I have been treated by in my 65 years and have absolute faith in him.

Poor Bedside Manner show details Poor Bedside Manner
Aug 7th, 2012

If I could give this doctor less than one star for bedside manner I would. He only met with me for literally 3 minutes. Gave me a shot of cortizone and said call me in a week. Never even bothered examing my knee where you could feel the bones rubbing together. Truly a bad experience. Stay away from this doctor!!!!

Careful, competent surgeon show details Careful, competent surgeon
Aug 3rd, 2012

I have been with Dr. Mirsky for an arthroscopic repair of the miniscus, and for Synvisc treatment for osteoarthritis of both knees. I am impressed with his care and competence. When I see him, he regularly asks if I have any questions, and answers them thoughtfully. When the time comes for total knee replacement, he is my first choice, based on his care to date.

Would you like fries with that diagnosis? show details Would you like fries with that diagnosis?
Jul 27th, 2012

Went to Dr. Mirsky after injuring my knee at work on a Thursday based on positive experience with Summit Medical Group Pediatrics with my children. I had done some research on my own while waiting to see him Monday since he does surgery on Friday's. With only a few sources I had self diagnosed injury as a miniscus tear.Went in to see him and shared my symptoms and presumptions (humbly). He ordered an x-ray and despite complaint of knee weakness, instability and obvious swelling was let go "as was" after the x-ray which does not diganose soft tissue damage,with no brace or crutch. I had to request a note for limited duty at work until... He also did not feel a STAT MRI was necessary so I had to wait two weeks for an appointment at their own facility in the same building. THREE weeks after the injury, guess what his diagnosis was after viewing MRI? Yup - torn miniscus and concerns on my behalf for possible additional damage done in the interim, because the knee still locks. Good surgeon but poor Dr. overall, should have read reviews. Complained of knee still locking after surgery and he was just as dismissive in the end despite the egg on his face and wrote in his final report that I just recently obtained a copy of, "patient has no complaints". Also wrote some nonsense in his preliminary diagnosis where he ruled out miniscus tear prematurely - something about a previous injury to the same knee two years prior just because I asked him IF the knee injury may have been linked to an accident I had years prior that injured OTHER parts but not the knee in particular. His answer at the moment was just as disconnected stating "I can't write anything regarding a previous insurance claim". WHAT, when did i ask you to do this?!ARE YOU LISTENING!IS ANYBODY THERE!Everyone has problems, but dude, your messing with peoples lives!Stop with this drive-thru style medicine!

good experience with knee replacement show details good experience with knee replacement
Feb 28th, 2012

dont do double replacement at the same time. the healing process is too long