Eric M Munro, MD
3500 Lomita Blvd
Ste 100
Torrance, CA 90505
310-784-0300
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.4716981132075 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Stay Away From This Doctor  |  show details
by William F Taylor on Nov 13th, 2013

Long wait in patient room Close to an hour even though I was told the entire appointment when I was an hour when I arrived. As a result my Hemoglobin A1C he recommended that I go on a metformin for diabetes. The results of the test were never discussed in person even though results were borderline and could possibly be resolved with diet and exercise.. This was all communicated by voice mail. Asked for test results so that I could get a second opinion, My copy were Xeroxed in very small almost unreadable print 2 sheets were condensed into one sheet. The office copy was on very readable print and a full size. Mine copy was reduced to half print . I asked for a full size copy but never got it even though office manager said she would mail it I would never go back!!! Stay away from this Doctor. Very vindictive. My wife is a RN. She worked around Doctors for 30 years and she concurred something is very wrong with this office.

|  OK Docotor, but the office staff need help  |  show details
by Al A. on Mar 31st, 2013

Dr Munro is a slightly above average physician with a great sense of humor. His practice is somewhat like an assembly line with errors and long wait for follow up. Front office staff is, sorry to say, below average and sometimes rude. As an example, they billed my insurance company for service supposedly rendered two years ago. Medication prescription errors are not uncommon. I think I will go somewhere else.

|  Helped me after car accident  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2012

I was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign a few weeks ago and had bad back pain. I called for an exam and was put in for later that same day with Dr. Munro. Dr. Munro's office warned me very nicely that most health insurances won't cover car accidents and it could be thought of by them as fraud if you try to claim car accident related issues on your health insurance! My insurance would have made me pay them back if they found out later that I had them pay for any of the bills! A family member who is a physician told me she has seen this happen, a patient of hers had to pay back the health insurance for a back surgery (a TON of money!) and it was too late to claim it on the car insurance! My doctor cousin was surprised and impressed that Dr. Munro's office pointed this out and was so helpful overall! Luckily Dr. Munro's office manager made sure all the paperwork was done correctly so I would not get hit with any big bills (she did all this work to help ME, it made no financial difference in the end to her or Dr. Munro). My xrays that day were okay, my back is much better with some muscle relaxers and Ibuprofen, though I may still do some physical therapy down the road for it. I am VERY grateful to Dr. Munro and his great office manager and staff for helping me!

|  Great office, amazing physician  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2012

My family and I have been with Dr. Munro for over 8 years, and he remains the best doctor any of us has ever seen. He thinks about each episode, symptom and diagnosis carefully but never over treats. He found my wife's ovarian cancer long before she had symptoms and even when her gynecologist did not find it, and she is doing great because of him. We feel very deeply that he has literally saved our family.

|  I found a good one!  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

I've finally found a great doctor! In the past, I've been to physicians that set out a timer when they come in and suggest I see a Concierge Doctor if I ask too many questions....not Dr. Munro - he was great! He spent almost 45 minutes actually explaining things to me and drawing pictures. It was so refreshing to have someone actually listen and want to help. I'm so lucky to have found him!

|  ***Glad to have found him***  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Munro by a friend who ranted and raved about how he'd help diagnose her thyroid problem that many others had missed. He is extremely smart, caring, and charismatic. It is wonderful to have found a physician who helps you understand what your issues are walks you through the process of your care. His staff are all extremely helpful as well. I truly am grateful to Dr. Munro and his care team for all they've done. I would definitely recommend him to family and friends.

Sep 28th, 2012

Dr Munro chooses to operate his practice as a business. He lacks proper bedside manner and comes across as being immature. His suggested treatment plan deviated from "standard medical care." I will never return to his office or be subjected to his rude, arrogant and bizzare behavior.

Aug 31st, 2012

Not a very knowleadgable or caring doctor

Aug 30th, 2012

Wasn't thorough and got my diagnosis wrong so I ended up taking the wrong medication

|  Show Him The Money.....or Get Lost  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

I was (emphasis on was) a patient of Dr. Munro's. I was in an a car accident no fault of my own and fractured a vertebrae. When i called to schedule an appointment with Dr. Munro, who was my primary care physician, his office staff informed me that he was boooked through October. Keep in mind its august 290th. They also told me that their office manager would not let me in do to the fact they might not get paid because it is a motor vehicle accidet. I have United Healthcare.....have auto insurance and was hit by an insured motorist. My family members are doctors in Nevada and when i told them this they were appall at the lack of patient care given by this facility, especially to an existing patient. The priorities in this office are very apparent...money first.....patient care second. While alot of docs may think this way....I sure as heck wouldn't establish my business and employ an office manager who makes this very obvious. Doc....congratualtions on all your degrees.....maybe you should re-read you oath.....practice it...educate your employees on it.......and base your business on it. One unhappy customer signing out.

Jun 10th, 2012

He has been my family and many of my friends doctor for years, he is very caring and spends more time in person and on the phone than any physician I have ever had. He and his office are very efficient and do what they need to do to help people.

|  Not good enough  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

Hard to get an appointment for a physical. Waited 6 weeks. Didn't seem engaged. I had to ask him if he wanted to hear my family history. Follow up with lab results was a voice message over the phone along with a prescription for a life long drug without scheduling a discussion of it or the side effects, questionable recommendation for vit D supplement, and other findings that should be discussed in person, not over the phone. Have not yet received a hard copy of my promised test results. Not sure I'll go back although others I know like him.

Jul 7th, 2011

Busy, busy, busy Not that accessible.

|  Great general physicial - wide knowledge base -great referrals  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

With any review forum you are going to have some that are biased; not every doctors visit can be perfect. Dr. Munro is as close to perfect as you will find in a general physician. He is well educated, appointments are always productive and his staff is pleasant and professional. Dr. Munro also holds high praise from other doctors and his referrals for specialists are usually some of the best in their field.

|  Great man  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

Dr. Munro has helped me for years to fight my diabetes and weight issues. He is always compassionate but strong.

May 16th, 2011

Dr Munro seemed to be bored while with me and seemed to want to leave. He appeared in a hurry and didn't want to listen to my complaints. Not very professional! Minimal personality!

|  God Complex to the Max  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

This doctor misdiagnosed me so badly and then labeled me a drug seeker, shaming me due to decades of headaches and neck pain. I was living in blinding pain, he literally told me to manage my anxiety. With higher care and a GOOD doctor I am slated for surgery to replace C4,5,6. This awful doctor is AWFUL and so judgmental - the only thing he is good for is treating the flu.

|  My Favorite Doc!  |  show details
by T. Kolvoord on Feb 10th, 2011

Takes his time, asks all the right questions, manages my prescriptions from a host of specialists.Love to argue politics with my liberal buddy - one day he'll see the light!!

|  Great office and doctors  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Everything works great, I have seem them a dozen or more times, and Dr. Munro always is able to give some interesting and often off-the-wall advice. Though he is Johns Hopkins and Harvard educated and follows advice from the greatest institutions in the world, he is often dismissive of garbage funded by big pharma. You will love him, he has passion and humor and loves to use them together to build metaphors and describe disease states.

|  Staff helped us a lot  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

Even though the visit with Dr. Munro and then Dr, Von Hagen the next week were great, the pharmacy kept messing up our scripts. The staff with Dr. Munro and Dr. Von Hagen were great at fixing everything and getting our meds and MRI results to us fast. They were SO nice and professional!

|  Great experience in a difficult time  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2010

Before I started seeing Dr. Munro I had never enjoyed going to visit doctors. Dr. Munro puts me at ease. He is funny but serious, he is stern but caring. He known his stuff, is a Hopkins and Harvard trained internist who see only adults, and was recommended to me by my oncologist (who also sees Dr. Munro as his own internist). My wife (who is also a physician and has been with me on all of my visit with Dr, Munro) has decided to start seeing him also. He is a gem.

|  great office, great doctors  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

dr munro and his new partner dr von hagen are wonderful to work with! their office is very user friendly, the staff are great, and they are brilliant and went far beyond the norm to help me with a tough situation!

|  We love Dr. Munro!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2010

He is the best, most caring doctor I have ever had! He listens, laughs and tries to make you feel at ease even if things are otherwise rough. He is very funny with metaphors and explaining medical situations in easy to understand and often hysterical ways! He even got my doctor-hating 72 yo dad to open up and he now loves Dr. Munro's communication skills! We will be fans of Dr. Munro's forever!

|  Comfortable, kind, and caring  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2010

Dr. Munro and his staff have taken great care of me and my family for years through many medical illnesses and problems, and always works hard to do the right thing. He helped me get my meds cheaply from other sources, saving thouasnds of dollars a year, and is very encouraging and uplifting whever I see him.

|  Amazing office!  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2010

Doctors and office staff are great, very high tech and efficient, but friendly and comfortable. They took my foot xray immediately on an amazing digical machine that gives me less radiation with better pictures! They recently left a large, HMO like practice that did a lot of remedial, lower end family practice type care. The differences in quality, comfort and abilities to give good medical care are astounding.As internal medicine doctors, Drs. Eric Munro and Erik Von Hagen specialize in disease and illness prevention in adults as well as diagnosing and treating complicated diseases and other issues with adults patients. Just as all kids should see pediatricians, all adults should see internal medicine specialists (internists) for their care, as ancillary staff such as residents in training, nurse practitioners, and family practitioners are ill equiped to handle the complexities of the average adult patient.

|  Great experience, new doctor Dr. Erik Von Hagen is amazing  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

I had abdominal pain for a few days, and waited too long to call, but Dr. Munro's secretary Helen helped get me in with Dr. Munro's new doctor, Dr. Erik Von Hagen (who is also a high level internal medicine physician, not an osteopathic or family practice provider) that same morning. He is as professional, kind and intelligent as Dr. Munro and truly helped get me feeling better as fast as possible. The labs were drawn at the office (I usually have to wait hours somewhere else) and he did an xray right there with a digital machine and a stat reading. He even sent my prescriptions directly by their electronic medical record system to my local phramcy, and the meds were ready when I got there. This is by far the best, friendliest, highest level of medical care with the highest tech abilities I have ever seen (and I do billing for doctors!).

Mar 7th, 2010

I saw Dr. Munro for the first time two weeks ago, and I am glad I read the reviews here. He listened to me, and he talked to me for a while about my cough that has brought me to many doctors over the last couple years. He did an x-ray of my chest (the first doctor to do so) on his digital x-ray machine (he showed me the results a few minutes later on his computer screen and offered me a copy of it!), and we talked a lot more. He started me on an acid reducer, which is working! Everyone else kept throwing me antibiotics and anti-allergy meds, which may not be wrong but did not work for too long. Dr. Munro thinks and listens, a rare combo nowadays in any field.

Jan 23rd, 2010

It is always a good experience seeing Dr. Munro even when I am very sick, he really listens and cares, and is pasionate with his advice and opinions. His staff is amazing, and his office is very comfortable but extremely high tech (he sent my prescriptions straight from his laptop to my pharmacy, and they were ready when I got there!).

Jan 22nd, 2010

he is always a pleasure to see, and he returns your phone calls and is very warm and friendly.

|  Amazing office!  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2009

My family and I have always loved Dr. Munro, and absolutely love his new office! The staff are amazing and they have all known each other for years! One of them told me that they all had hoped this would happen years ago! Everyone in the office works to get patients in when they need to, get the proper tests done quickly and take any necessary steps to make people better. Dr. Munro never bows down to insurance or incompetence and thus is now doing what he need to in a beautiful, calm, professional and well-run medical facility. His goal is not to run tons of tests and makes tons of money, but to use his incredible diagnostic skills to help people feel and live better. We will remain are internist and medical leader for ever!

|  Dr. Munro is great!  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2009

Most of my coworkers and I have seen Dr. Munro for years, and I LOVE his new office! He and staff are great, the phone system is so simple and easy, he makes time for patients and is able to get people in with his extended hours. He clearly loves what he does and is passionate about doing right by his patients, and it shows in his office. His nurse drew my blood right in the office (I did not have to go and wait somewhere else) and they gave the results before I even left the office! He even sent my prescription directly to my pharmacy with his computer system! Though he is high tech and very "with it" medically and non-medically, his office has a very comfortable and quiet vibe, I was even given a chilled bottle water in the waiting room while a fountain gently trickled near me!

|  Most amazing, caring doctor...  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2009

Dr. Munro remains my and my family's internist for over six years. His abilities as a well trained internist give the skills to dig deeply into medical issues, and he always does it with compassion and a degree of intelligence lacking in poorly trained family practitioners. He has the swine flu shot before anyone else I know, and likely helped save my pregnant wife's life. His staff is amazing, and are the best folks from the old group. They are all "on it" and are a great team to work with.

|  Dr. Welby has returned  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2009

I agree with all the 4-star reviews, and cannot understand the couple of detractors. I am on Medicare, have had dozens of personal physicians over my lifetime, and he is by all aspects the best! Who do physician's select to be their physician? Dr. Munro. I am a physician too, and I know who is good and who is not. Dr. Munro is the best!!

by anonymous on Oct 18th, 2009

I am not one to usually write reviews at all on line but feel compelled to let others know that Dr. Munro has morphed into of the worst doctors I have ever encountered. My entire family used to see him and we will all now be transferring back to SBFMG. He is arrogant, uncaring, rushed. The only time he has is to pontificate - indeed he thinks he is a God. We are glad to be leaving his practice.

|  Great new office!  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2009

Dr. Munro is a very thoughtful physician and has taken great care of me for years. I love his new office, it is intimate and comfortable yet very high tech, and he has the best staff!

Aug 8th, 2009

Dr. Munro is awesome, I have been seeing him for years and he really "gets it." He's not like most stuffed shirt doctors, he is real and treats me like a person, not a number.

|  Best doctor ever  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2009

Dr. Munro is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He thinks about each problem very hard and is able to diagnose and come up with treatment plans for even the most complicated issues I or my family have had. We love him!

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2009

I and my family have been seeing Dr. Munro for years and he has an amazing ability to not just diagnose and treat complicated situations but also to be able to go beyond the medical textbooks and give very personal and personalized care.

|  Dr. Munro is great  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2009

He always helps me out, and even got me to drug counseling when I was addicted to pain meds, and helped both me and my wife I was going through some rough back issues and surgery. I can't say enough about how caring he is.

by Sandra from RPV on Mar 22nd, 2009

He listens and helps with amazing care. His perspective on disease and how to make things better is interesting and in-depth but he makes it very understandable. My whole family sees him now, as do most of our friends!

|  Best doctor I have ever had  |  show details
by Cindy on Feb 3rd, 2009

Dr. Munro cares and listens, and is able to help solve even the most complicated medical issues, or find someone excellent who can. My entire family and most of my friends see him, and he even diagnosed a lung cancer on a very young coworker of mine (who never smoked!) long before it had spread! Her husband and two young kids are now some of Dr. Munro's biggest cheerleaders!

by Randolph Johnson on Jan 29th, 2009

I know the last reviewer, they joked they would slam Dr. Munro for not giving them more Vicodin! Dr. Munro is by far the best doctor I have ever had. He is caring, has a great knowledge base far beyond most doctors and traditional maedicine, and does what he needs to to make sure patients are taken care of. He has no tolerance for incompetence or drug seeking, thus the bad review from my druggy friend!

Dec 29th, 2008

I haven't found that Dr. Munro listens at all. He's an "in-and-out quickly" and arrogant doctor. He's misdiagnosed five separate things with me. I finally got smart enough to change doctors. He is, however, easy to get a prescription from for many things.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Patient on Sep 25th, 2008

Dr. Munro is great - a very genuine guy who listens to you and who is clearly very smart and caring.