A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Neilson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Eric Neilson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Neilson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Anti-Glomerular Basement Membrane Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure (Chronic)
- Kidney Inflammation (Nephritis)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Neilson graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Neilson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Neilson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans