Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
 |  Horrible Experience  |  show details
by Paula on Dec 4th, 2014

Dr. Romanucci seemed extremely confident and friendly at my first visit. He explained the procedure and said that 6 months later, I would never even know I'd had it done. That is so far from the truth. It has been a little over a year and I'm about to undergo my third corrective surgery from his mistake. When he showed up for the surgery, he seemed rushed, and hyperactive. The surgery didn't go as planned and 10 days afterward, my incision burst open and I was rushed in for emergency surgical repair. Dr. Romanucci refused to see me and another doctor did the repair. I was so torn up that I needed a wound vac for 3 months to heal. Unfortunately, I started developing a ventral hernia on the incision site and it has grown rapidly. I am now temporarily (hopefully) disabled awaiting very complex and serious surgery. I have suffered everyday since he took a knife to me and would not recommend him to my worse enemy. He has not spoken to me since the surgery. If he would have at least apologized or even acknowledged the mistake, I would have felt like he at least had a shred of decency. He didn't neglect to bill me for the surgery. I would stay as far away from him as possible.

Aug 3rd, 2013

Highly educated and trained, an expert in his field. He is so patient, compassionate and truly cares about his patients and their families. My surgery was much less painful, and I went home much earlier than other people I know who have had the same surgery. He explained everything to my family and me, and welcomed our questions, not only in the office, but also later, by phone. He is very attentive and knowledgeable. I am so glad I took my doctor's advice and called this surgeon, Dr. Romanucci.

by Barbara on May 9th, 2013

I usually dont write reviews of any kind. But I feel like screaming from the mountain tops.... Dr. Romanucci is so incredibly patient, attentive, knowledgeable and kind! I had a problem after having my baby, he knew more than the specialists in Dallas. He was so humble, answered all of my husbands and my questions. I felt reasured and at peace knowing I am so fortunate to have such an amazing doctor care for me. After my proceudre, my life is back to normal. Thank you, Dr. Romanucci.

|  Patient  |  show details
by A/Calla on Apr 5th, 2013

I was refered to this Dr. after giving birth to my son. It has been a long time ago when I saw this man. But, What a jerk !!!! I still have issues that relate to my problem back then. However, when a Dr. tells you "Mam you may want to hit me with your purse, but I think the problem is all in your head" WOW... I mean a specialist, I thought was supose to help me not send me into a full blow panic attack. Seriously the most desturbing thing that has ever happend to me and he tells me its in my head. Thank Goodness there was another doctor who works with women who have rectal complications after child birth and was able to find me the help I needed.

Nov 30th, 2012

Kind, caring, compassionate. He is highly skilled and my colon surgery (minimally invasive) went smoothly and I was able to return to work sooner than expected. I would go back to him if I ever need surgery again, and I would recommend him to my friends and family. He is professional and has a wonderful bedside manner and answered all of my and my family's questions. Great doctor!

|  Excellent  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

Dr. Romanucci got me in this past Monday (09/17) after receiving a referral from my PCP on Friday (09/14) about my gallstones and got me into surgery yesterday (Tuesday 09/18). Very quick with getting me in, very good with speaking to both me and my family and going over anything that ANY of us may have questions about. Very soft spoken and patient (even with my 2 year old). Bottom line, I had an excellent experience and am sad that anyone has anything bad to say on this site. I wish you'd have had a better experience because I certainly did. He's the best in my opinion and I thank him very much for everything and I'll tell him that at my 2 week follow up :)

|  Exceptional surgeon  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

I could not have been more pleased with Dr. Romanucci as my colorectal surgeon. He was extremely courteous and professional, and I had full confidence in his ability, knowledge, and recommendation.

|  Patient  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Dr Romanucci has extremely high recommendations from my family doctor. He is an innovative, highly educated board certified specialist. He is compassionate and cared for me and my family

|  excellent care from an excellent doctor  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

he is a wonderful doctor. Answers all of my questions and tries to help as much as he can. Goes above and beyond with explaining anything before he does it. Very pleased with my care here.

|  Great experience  |  show details
May 19th, 2011

My diagnosis and surgery went very well. I would choose this doctor again.

Nov 20th, 2010

This Dr. is a total jerk. He is inconsiderate and completely unprofessional. Anyone that goes to this Dr. is asking to be treated horribly.

Doctor's Response

I just discovered this website last evening. I am sorry this anonymous patient feels this way. Please see the other positive comments. The vast majority of my patients are pleased with their experiences with us. Sometimes we get behind, true. I will always answer all of a patient's questions without rushing them. I treat my patients the way I would want to be treated: with compassion and concern and kindness.

Aug 26th, 2010

Compassionate, caring, well trained, highly skilled, spent a great amount of time discussing our treatment plan with my family. This doctor really cares about his patients.

|  Doctor  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2010

Very intuitive and compassionate. My entire family loves him and his office. staff

|  Highly Educated, Expert in his field. Very Respectful.  |  show details
by David King on Jun 12th, 2010

Dr. Romanucci is a highly educated, well trained expert. The time that he spent with my wife and our family was a tremendous example of his compassion. He is one of the few physicians, surgeons, that care for people in such a way that he makes an impact with each individual he meets