Dr. Eric Schieber MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 16th, 2017
Very Professional
I am very satisfied and grateful that I chose Dr. Schieber. I have received great care and he has made a big difference in my life.

April 29th, 2015
He has been great for me. I'm now quite happy & well adjusted

December 24th, 2014
Caring help from Dr. Scheiber with excellent improvement for me.

January 30th, 2014
Excellent
I highly recommend Dr. Schieber. He's terrific at diagnosis and was skillfully able to help me see the issues and more importantly figure out how to successfully overcome them and fully appreciate my life. I'm a much happier person and wish I had seen him years ago (but better late than never).

January 20th, 2014
Nothing nice to say about this doctor. He is flippant, arrogant and likes to talk about his accolades. They are actually very minor. He likes to get paid in cash. He says not accepting health care plans lets him help more people but charges $400/hr. He needs the money though to keep his office swank. Also, dishonest and more interested in talking about the LGBT community than your issues. Caters to the wealthy elite and sadly thinks he's one of them. If you mention seeing any other mental health care professionals he shuts down and becomes defensive and mean. His self-esteem and ego can't handle that so be nice.

November 28th, 2013
Due diligence required
Six months ago, I was suffering from severe depression. A colleague mentioned Dr. Schieber's name. When I googled Dr. Schieber, in addition to his office address, and telephone number, there was a link to a website. I clicked on the link and it was for Northwestern Memorial Hospital, NMH, the most prestigious hospital in Chicago. I assumed that this meant that Dr. Schieber was outstanding or, at the very least, an honest and highly competent psychiatrist. I then began seeing Dr. Schieber as a patient. Right away I had misgivings about his demeanor. He was flippant and arrogant. This compounded my depression. I decided to go to the NMH website to learn more about Dr. Schieber's credentials. What I discovered shocked me: Dr. Schieber has no affiliation whatsoever with NMH. His name does not appear anywhere on the NMH website. For a physician to misrepresent credentials is fraudulent, and deceptive. Fortunately, I am now being treated by a highly competent psychiatrist. Had I been working with such a physician initially, my recovery would have occurred much sooner.

October 3rd, 2013
Issues, issues, issues
Had many issues with Dr. Schieber. I won't even get into the amount he charges for the tiny amount of time spent in his office. It's a complete rip. Instead I'll get into something important that hopefully helps people out. After a couple years of therapy, Schieber decided to cut me off of therapy and a drug that you can get terrible withdrawal symptoms, SOLELY because I wanted to see another psychologist alongside of him. Let me be very clear, I'm not some disgruntled addict who got happy pills taken away. I'm a committed human being who very much needed the medication and therapy. I asked him how to ween myself off of the drug and he stated that I should know how and can do it myself and sort of chuckled over the phone like I'm the doctor or something. What doctor says that? Schieber did. Forget a doctor, what professional would treat their client like this? I was honestly scarred from that instance and series of events that led to him telling me I couldn't see him anymore and the cutoff of meds. I now have serious issues when it comes to trusting doctors after this whole debacle. I was afraid of writing a review that could potentially affect a persons career, but this is important enough for others to know about. He's very charming with his personality, but once you decide to think for yourself and question his methods, he will try to shut you down quickly and will also manipulate loved ones into thinking the patient has done something wrong. Abuse of power and it's disgusting.

June 3rd, 2013
Dr. Schieber is an excellent psychiatrist. I had great results with him. I would recommend him to anyone. He gets to the issues and is able to help you work through them.

October 25th, 2012
Over rated
He may be a graduate of NU but that means NOTHING in this instance.

April 12th, 2011
I'm charged for a time but rarely talk to Dr. Schieber for the amount of time I am charged for. That is the only downside. Very nice person however

February 6th, 2011
Very Nice, but just states the obvious.

October 26th, 2009
Optimist
Dr. Schieber is an experienced addiction psychiatrist.