Psychiatrist, Adolescent Specialist, Addiction Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dec 24th, 2014

Caring help from Dr. Scheiber with excellent improvement for me.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Schieber. He's terrific at diagnosis and was skillfully able to help me see the issues and more importantly figure out how to successfully overcome them and fully appreciate my life. I'm a much happier person and wish I had seen him years ago (but better late than never).

Jan 20th, 2014

Nothing nice to say about this doctor. He is flippant, arrogant and likes to talk about his accolades. They are actually very minor. He likes to get paid in cash. He says not accepting health care plans lets him help more people but charges $400/hr. He needs the money though to keep his office swank. Also, dishonest and more interested in talking about the LGBT community than your issues. Caters to the wealthy elite and sadly thinks he's one of them. If you mention seeing any other mental health care professionals he shuts down and becomes defensive and mean. His self-esteem and ego can't handle that so be nice.

|  Due diligence required  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2013

Six months ago, I was suffering from severe depression. A colleague mentioned Dr. Schieber's name. When I googled Dr. Schieber, in addition to his office address, and telephone number, there was a link to a website. I clicked on the link and it was for Northwestern Memorial Hospital, NMH, the most prestigious hospital in Chicago. I assumed that this meant that Dr. Schieber was outstanding or, at the very least, an honest and highly competent psychiatrist. I then began seeing Dr. Schieber as a patient. Right away I had misgivings about his demeanor. He was flippant and arrogant. This compounded my depression. I decided to go to the NMH website to learn more about Dr. Schieber's credentials. What I discovered shocked me: Dr. Schieber has no affiliation whatsoever with NMH. His name does not appear anywhere on the NMH website. For a physician to misrepresent credentials is fraudulent, and deceptive. Fortunately, I am now being treated by a highly competent psychiatrist. Had I been working with such a physician initially, my recovery would have occurred much sooner.

|  Issues, issues, issues  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2013

Had many issues with Dr. Schieber. I won't even get into the amount he charges for the tiny amount of time spent in his office. It's a complete rip. Instead I'll get into something important that hopefully helps people out. After a couple years of therapy, Schieber decided to cut me off of therapy and a drug that you can get terrible withdrawal symptoms, SOLELY because I wanted to see another psychologist alongside of him. Let me be very clear, I'm not some disgruntled addict who got happy pills taken away. I'm a committed human being who very much needed the medication and therapy. I asked him how to ween myself off of the drug and he stated that I should know how and can do it myself and sort of chuckled over the phone like I'm the doctor or something. What doctor says that? Schieber did. Forget a doctor, what professional would treat their client like this? I was honestly scarred from that instance and series of events that led to him telling me I couldn't see him anymore and the cutoff of meds. I now have serious issues when it comes to trusting doctors after this whole debacle. I was afraid of writing a review that could potentially affect a persons career, but this is important enough for others to know about. He's very charming with his personality, but once you decide to think for yourself and question his methods, he will try to shut you down quickly and will also manipulate loved ones into thinking the patient has done something wrong. Abuse of power and it's disgusting.

Jun 3rd, 2013

Dr. Schieber is an excellent psychiatrist. I had great results with him. I would recommend him to anyone. He gets to the issues and is able to help you work through them.

|  Over rated  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

He may be a graduate of NU but that means NOTHING in this instance.

Apr 12th, 2011

I'm charged for a time but rarely talk to Dr. Schieber for the amount of time I am charged for. That is the only downside. Very nice person however

Feb 6th, 2011

Very Nice, but just states the obvious.

|  Optimist  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2009

Dr. Schieber is an experienced addiction psychiatrist.