Overall Review

November 26th, 2016
Very much agree with some previous reviewers here on his not being as knowledgeable as he should be or consistent. He has shown this on various occasions. Was abrupt and kind of pushy sometimes, also. Not impressed.

November 26th, 2016
Very much agree with some previous reviewers that this guy isn't as knowledgeable as he should be. He has shown this on a number of occasions. He also can be abrupt and pushy. Not impressed.

May 6th, 2016
Highly mediocre and sometimes disappointing experience overall
He changed practices to a concierge outfit at some point and I honestly had no interest in continuing on with him (much to his arrogant chagrin). He couldn't seem to effectively explain in detail why he was going the concierge route beyond a general letter he sent, either. The highlights of having him as my physician were his promptness in returning calls and emails and his listening skills. I never felt as if he was rushing me during our sessions. To his credit also, he was supportive and proactive at two different junctures where it turned out that I needed knee therapy/surgery. Beyond this though, I found him to not be extensively knowledgeable in certain areas and to have contradictory advice about fitness regiments. He provided laughably simplistic advice on dieting/nutrition/sleep and gave the unsettling impression that he couldn't get his head around my anxiety issues linked with my weight. This was definitely frustrating. He also put serious stock into the BMI index, which was ridiculous and is widely known to be an inaccurate gauge. The guy cut some definite corners. I mostly felt that he didn't make enough effort to get to know me and felt a subtle insensitivity with him sometimes. Needless to say, I couldn't be happier that we finally parted ways. My new physician is one with far more experience, including with placing things in perspective and a brighter personality that I am more comfortable with.

November 10th, 2015
A nice guy but you don't feel he is knowledgable

January 22nd, 2014
Very Good
He changed practices and I wish he hadn't. I knew he was good but after seeing my new MD, he is head and shoulders above...he truly cares and is very responsive, unlike the one I have now.

August 16th, 2011
My experience is that he genuinely cares about my health and is on my case. After 49 yrs, I trust very few, but I trust him. I have doubled checked his diagnosis and has never failed. He knows his stuff and I believe he saved my life when my previous Dr would brush me off even with the high numbers for diabetes and cholesterol. I should have been on meds years ago but when I went to Dr Serrano, he quickly explained my situation and my options. He let me take care of my situation with proper diet and exercise but the results were minimal. That's when I had to take my meds and am better for it. I truly appreciate him. I only wish he backs off with my occasional cigars...but that is part of what makes him good.

April 1st, 2009
VERY GOOD. HE WAS WONDERFUL.