Sports Medicine Specialist, Family Practitioner, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)

1.0

Review of Dr. Eric Shoemaker show details Review of Dr. Eric Shoemaker
by Tired of it on Jun 23rd, 2015

This doctor is rude, condescending and unprofessional. Almost every appointment I've had to wait AT LEAST AN HOUR. Initially when I first went there, I didn't want to do the steroid injections but was getting tired of medication just not being enough so I decided I would try it. The first injections had no effect whatsoever. When I went back to see him for my f/u appointment, he got really nasty with me when I told him it didn't work. Then he promptly starting yelling at me...yes, YELLING at me for not bringing a paper I had to fill out after the injections to rate my pain. I did go back in one more time because he couldn't believe his handiwork wasn't up to par. They did work a second time but took over a month to kick in. He also never went over the side effects from the injections, like the fact that I would gain 20 lbs and when the steroids wore off & I'd really be in trouble because of it. This guy's ego is pathetic and very unprofessional. I'll find another doctor to help me. I'll never go back there. Overall it was just a VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. Why he thinks he can treat people that way when it's the patient PAYING HIM is beyond me.