Dr. Eric Steenlage MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

October 4th, 2016
Wirker's Comp
Dr Steenlage is awesome! His staff is first rate! Got through to work comp carrier and got my surgery and physical therapy approved & scheduled very quick! Did a super job on my knee! Thank you for all of your hard work!!

November 18th, 2015
Really great surgeon!
Really a great surgeon, willing to spend time explaining everything and most importantly, my shoulder surgery was pain free with no complications! I thought it would be really hard but he did a great job and I could not have asked for more. I'm recovering now and going through PT without any difficulty.

October 30th, 2015
Dr Steenlage and his staff are exceptionally efficient and provide excellent diagnosis and treatment. Dr Steenlage diagnosed and treated my broken ankle. He was conservative in his approach and by following his guidance I've returned to 100% plus. The physical therapy post break has really helped. He is a Yale graduate, but has excellent bedside manner and explains things clearly and takes his time to address any questions. I highly recommend him as well as his front office staff and nurse!

October 14th, 2015
I had been to other orthopaedic specialists and felt they either didn't listen to me or didn't care. Dr. Steenlage listens, diagnoses, gives options and he is a great surgeon. After arthroscopic knee surgery, I had zero pain post-op. I was at my wit's end with pain, but I'm so glad I found Dr. Steenlage.

June 28th, 2013
Needs to be more patient friendly
Had to take my son to fix a broken hand, while the doctor had xrayed and set it successfully he lacked a pleasant bedside manner. Each time my son had to go back for follow ups, it was the same pattern. He got the job done but it was uncomfortable and unpleasant.

May 11th, 2013
Who knew
Thankfully, I didn't know there could be lasting side effects of a meniscus tear. I just told Dr. Steenlage I was having pain, he looked at it, arranged to operate and he fixed the problem. Apparently I had a double meniscus tear and a lot of arthritis. It wasn't until later that people began telling me their tales of woe that I realized not everyone has the quick, successful result I had. Who knew? Well, now I do and I want you to know too.

August 7th, 2012
I like a doctor that gets to the problem.Good skill and professional staff.

July 1st, 2011
Finally a great doctor
The wait was a little long at the office but not as bad as some offices, the staff was friendly and professional. I was seeing the doctor for my hand, after a negative MRI, he decided to do an injection to give me some pain relief. The injection took my pain away. He was willing to spend time with me to figure out what was going on. I would recommend this doctor anytime.

June 13th, 2011
DR Ordered WRONG MRI Location
Horrible Doctor!! I went to Dr Steenlage after 3-4 months of middle back pain that progressed into severe pain that takes my breath away in the morning when getting out of bed. I am 31 years old & have a high pain tolerance so I knew something was not right. After no relief from my wonderful chiropractor & an xray that didn't show anything, I went to Dr Steenlage. I showed him 5 times where my back had the SEVERE pain & always referred to it as the middle of my spine. He ordered an MRI & Physical Therapy of the Lower Lumbar(low back). He offered muscle relaxers but I declined as I am breastfeeding. He then told me he could give me oral steroids(which I know is not safe while breastfeeding!!). When the MRI results came back I took them to my chiropractor & they were useless as Dr Steenlage had ordered THE WRONG AREA. So now I have to go for another MRI of the thoracic area which should have been ordered in the first place! WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!

May 1st, 2010
Apparently everyone at the entire practice is too important to respond to patients.

October 26th, 2009
Retired from school system
Dr. Steenlage is very confident in treating a patient. He tried several options to get my problem solved without surgery. That is something very important to me. Gives time with a patient to express all concerns.

May 26th, 2009
Great doctor with great staff - very pleased