Needs to be more patient friendly show details Needs to be more patient friendly
by Dotti on Jun 28th, 2013

Had to take my son to fix a broken hand, while the doctor had xrayed and set it successfully he lacked a pleasant bedside manner. Each time my son had to go back for follow ups, it was the same pattern. He got the job done but it was uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Who knew show details Who knew
by Debra S on May 11th, 2013

Thankfully, I didn't know there could be lasting side effects of a meniscus tear. I just told Dr. Steenlage I was having pain, he looked at it, arranged to operate and he fixed the problem. Apparently I had a double meniscus tear and a lot of arthritis. It wasn't until later that people began telling me their tales of woe that I realized not everyone has the quick, successful result I had. Who knew? Well, now I do and I want you to know too.

Aug 7th, 2012

I like a doctor that gets to the problem.Good skill and professional staff.

Finally a great doctor show details Finally a great doctor
Jul 1st, 2011

The wait was a little long at the office but not as bad as some offices, the staff was friendly and professional. I was seeing the doctor for my hand, after a negative MRI, he decided to do an injection to give me some pain relief. The injection took my pain away. He was willing to spend time with me to figure out what was going on. I would recommend this doctor anytime.

DR Ordered WRONG MRI Location show details DR Ordered WRONG MRI Location
Jun 13th, 2011

Horrible Doctor!! I went to Dr Steenlage after 3-4 months of middle back pain that progressed into severe pain that takes my breath away in the morning when getting out of bed. I am 31 years old & have a high pain tolerance so I knew something was not right. After no relief from my wonderful chiropractor & an xray that didn't show anything, I went to Dr Steenlage. I showed him 5 times where my back had the SEVERE pain & always referred to it as the middle of my spine. He ordered an MRI & Physical Therapy of the Lower Lumbar(low back). He offered muscle relaxers but I declined as I am breastfeeding. He then told me he could give me oral steroids(which I know is not safe while breastfeeding!!). When the MRI results came back I took them to my chiropractor & they were useless as Dr Steenlage had ordered THE WRONG AREA. So now I have to go for another MRI of the thoracic area which should have been ordered in the first place! WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!

May 1st, 2010

Apparently everyone at the entire practice is too important to respond to patients.

Retired from school system show details Retired from school system
Oct 26th, 2009

Dr. Steenlage is very confident in treating a patient. He tried several options to get my problem solved without surgery. That is something very important to me. Gives time with a patient to express all concerns.

May 26th, 2009

Great doctor with great staff - very pleased