Dr. Eric Swisher MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 23rd, 2016
I think patients have over rated this guy. He is the most arrogant egotistical unethical doctor i have ever seen.

September 5th, 2016
STELLAR DOCTOR
I hadnt been to an OB/GYN in 17 years. He's amazingly thourough and very kind. He was to perform a simple hysterectomy and had quite a bit more to contend with than was visible through sonograms. He made sure I was kept comfortable in my 5 day stay at Carillion and came himself twice daily to check on me and to see how I was being treated. For such a large scar ( after having to remove all of the build up scar tissue from 3 previous c sections) is TINY with no sutures or staples. I would say in 35 years of seeing Drs. That he is BY FAR the very best I've had the pleasure of meeting and wouldn't dream of looking elsewhere for treatment of anykind going forward.

July 27th, 2016
Amazing! Always highly professional, helpful and follows up!

January 27th, 2016
Dr. Swisher is one of the best practitioners in Roanoke, VA. His bedside manner could use some work, but he follows through with his patients no matter what. He is the only physician in the area I've ever heard of that comes in for his patients in the middle of the night.

October 2nd, 2015
Wonderful to deal with, very friendly. Am able to talk to him easily; knows a little bit about everything health wise.

September 11th, 2015
Choose another Dr.
Very dissapointed in my experience with him as my OBGYN. I chose him because of all of the great ratings he had in his online reviews. This was my first pregnancy and I was extremely nervous, and he made me feel so uncomfortable. He showed no emotion, was all business, and on the rude side. He never tried to get to know me, even though I tried to make small talk. I tried to brush it off and figured he was just too busy. When he met my parents during my delivery he never introduced himself and actually said something rude to my mom, but I won't go into details. My mom couldn't believe it. I have talked to several individuals that work with him on a regular basis, and they all said he is a outstanding physician but was very moody. I understand not always feeling happy, bc everyone has bad days, but most professionals can conceal their emotions and act like they are glad to see you. He rushed through all of my appointments and didn't volunteer much information. I had to quickly ask him questions and he always acted like he was annoyed by this. I rarely write negative reviews for my Dr.'s but I feel others should know the truth. The reviews online are deceiving and I just want to help others avoid learning this the hard way.

January 6th, 2015
liposuction
What a great DR. I love him. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work. He has the best bedside manner. After my liposuction he made sure to check on me and answered all my calls and questions. I am very happy with his work and would highly recommend him.

March 5th, 2013
Dr. Swisher has been my Doctor for over 10 years. He happened to be on call with the labor of my first child. My Doctor at that time never bothered to show during the 15 hours of labor or after the fact. He has been my Doctor since. He has delivered all of my children and helped me with many other medical decisions over the years. No other Doctor comes close!

March 5th, 2013
Realtor, patient
Dr. Swisher is by far the best doctor and has always been so helpful, kind and patient with me. I had a very complicated pregnancy and he was there with me from start to finish and afterwards. He also, basically saved my life from an etopic pregnancy, in which the hospital doctors sent me home! He goes above and beyond what any doctor does and truely cares about his patients. Dr. Swisher is the best and i would recommend any of my family and friends to him!

March 4th, 2013
OB GYN care
My best GYN experience yet. Very caring. Worked with me to find a solution for a problem no one else has been able to solve. He took my case and my care very seriously and really listens.

February 25th, 2013
Very arrogant. He does NOT listen to his patients. Thinks he knows more about you than you know about yourself. No matter how many times you complain about a problem he still doesn't listen. Then when it becomes a BIG problem he will not admit he was wong & will blame the patient. I would not recommend Dr. Swisher to anyone!!!

May 3rd, 2012
delivery of child
as the husband writing this, Dr Swisher is a fantastic doctor.