Dr. Eric Szilagy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eric Szilagy?

Crohn's Disease

Crohn's Disease

Get the facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body, the symptoms it causes, and complications that may arise.

Have you seen Dr. Eric Szilagy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 22nd, 2016

I do not recommend Colorectal Surgeon Dr Eric J Szilagy! He works for Henry Ford Hospital. I've come to learn they have quotas for procedures. In hindsight, 2 of the procedures he performed were unnecessary. His office called me the day of my post op appointment and asked if I could come in earlier that day. I accommodated, but he was still running late, rushed me through my appointment, and did not address my concerns. When I questioned him, he became defensive and rude! I had an $1100 copay...terrible experience!

April 10th, 2012

Overwhelmed and Upset

I was referred to Dr. Szilagy after a colonoscopy showed a polyp and strictures and after waiting 2 hours to see him, he took only 15 minutes to suggest that I get my entire colon removed. I was shaken and visibly upset and he then rushed out and told me to ask talk to his nurse if I had any questions regarding a pouch. I left his office feeling like I was suicidal and very hopeless. I immediately made an appointment with Beaumont for a second opinion and I went to see my internist and my diagnosis was explained patiently and I don't feel as panicky as I did when I left his office. I felt like he rushed out of the office and his demeanor was like he could care less about my quality of life with this disease. I won't be back to see him.

April 21st, 2009

Dr.Szilagy is the best colon doctor I know. I have a rare genetic disorder and I put all my faith into him. you want the best & he is it.

May 18th, 2015