Dr. Eric Szilagy Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Eric Szilagy?

Posted on November 22nd, 2016

I do not recommend Colorectal Surgeon Dr Eric J Szilagy! He works for Henry Ford Hospital. I've come to learn they have quotas for procedures. In hindsight, 2 of the procedures he performed were unnecessary. His office called me the day of my post op appointment and asked if I could come in earlier that day. I accommodated, but he was still running late, rushed me through my appointment, and did not address my concerns. When I questioned him, he became defensive and rude! I had an $1100 copay...terrible experience!

Overwhelmed and Upset

Posted on April 10th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Szilagy after a colonoscopy showed a polyp and strictures and after waiting 2 hours to see him, he took only 15 minutes to suggest that I get my entire colon removed. I was shaken and visibly upset and he then rushed out and told me to ask talk to his nurse if I had any questions regarding a pouch. I left his office feeling like I was suicidal and very hopeless. I immediately made an appointment with Beaumont for a second opinion and I went to see my internist and my diagnosis was explained patiently and I don't feel as panicky as I did when I left his office. I felt like he rushed out of the office and his demeanor was like he could care less about my quality of life with this disease. I won't be back to see him.

Posted on April 21st, 2009

Dr.Szilagy is the best colon doctor I know. I have a rare genetic disorder and I put all my faith into him. you want the best & he is it.

Posted on May 18th, 2015