Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist

Overwhelmed and Upset show details Overwhelmed and Upset
Apr 10th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Szilagy after a colonoscopy showed a polyp and strictures and after waiting 2 hours to see him, he took only 15 minutes to suggest that I get my entire colon removed. I was shaken and visibly upset and he then rushed out and told me to ask talk to his nurse if I had any questions regarding a pouch. I left his office feeling like I was suicidal and very hopeless. I immediately made an appointment with Beaumont for a second opinion and I went to see my internist and my diagnosis was explained patiently and I don't feel as panicky as I did when I left his office. I felt like he rushed out of the office and his demeanor was like he could care less about my quality of life with this disease. I won't be back to see him.

Aug 22nd, 2011

I had an elective sigmoid colectomy quarterbacked by Dr S. in April '11 as a result of ongoing diverticulitis. Dr, Szilagy had me up walking the next day and back to training for road racing in a couple of weeks. His counsel, wisdom, demeanor, professionalism and surgical expertise are outstanding. He can be trusted to give you the best advice and remedy. He is the best!

Apr 21st, 2009

Dr.Szilagy is the best colon doctor I know. I have a rare genetic disorder and I put all my faith into him. you want the best & he is it.