Surgeons

Henry Ford Hospital
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
313-916-2498
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Overwhelmed and Upset  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Szilagy after a colonoscopy showed a polyp and strictures and after waiting 2 hours to see him, he took only 15 minutes to suggest that I get my entire colon removed. I was shaken and visibly upset and he then rushed out and told me to ask talk to his nurse if I had any questions regarding a pouch. I left his office feeling like I was suicidal and very hopeless. I immediately made an appointment with Beaumont for a second opinion and I went to see my internist and my diagnosis was explained patiently and I don't feel as panicky as I did when I left his office. I felt like he rushed out of the office and his demeanor was like he could care less about my quality of life with this disease. I won't be back to see him.

|  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

I had an elective sigmoid colectomy quarterbacked by Dr S. in April '11 as a result of ongoing diverticulitis. Dr, Szilagy had me up walking the next day and back to training for road racing in a couple of weeks. His counsel, wisdom, demeanor, professionalism and surgical expertise are outstanding. He can be trusted to give you the best advice and remedy. He is the best!

|  show details
Apr 21st, 2009

Dr.Szilagy is the best colon doctor I know. I have a rare genetic disorder and I put all my faith into him. you want the best & he is it.