Dr. Eric Tabor MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 20th, 2016
Excellent
I love me some Dr.Tabor. Very best at what he does. Great personality,excellent staff-always on top of your every need. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

February 5th, 2016
Excellent service
Never have I been nothing but satisfied with Dr.Tabor and his staff. They all work together as a great unit to make certain that all my needs are met at every office visit. Dr.Tabor has always been nothing but professional and very knowledgeable at what he does and excellent in his field with a great bedside manner. Always went far and beyond to met my every need. I would refer him and his staff to anyone.

October 1st, 2015
Horrible Dr. Tabor
I had a doctor’s appointment with Dr. Tabor for 0915 today. I came prepared for my appointment by bringing my current skin care routine/ointments, (for the doctor to review and evaluate) along with a list of questions I had previously prepared for the doctor. (Normally, when a patient goes to a doctor ( in general ), it is encouraged that they bring all of their home meds/or a list of their home meds, along with any questions they may have for the doctor.) So when the doctor walks into the room, he walks in very fast and rushed. There was no “how are you doing….Hi, Mrs Adams…….or any greeting what so ever”. He went straight to the point and started discussing Botox for my “11’s” which I currently DO NOT HAVE! But in the interest of prevention, I eventually said yes, I would get botox there, but that really wasn’t the place that I wanted it. So after getting talked into doing the “11’s”, I told him that I only wanted bare mimimal of units of botox due to it’s side effects. The doctor rolled his eyes and said “side effects??? what side effects?....side effects can happen with any medicine that you take. I’ve never heard of anyone having any side effects from botox”. I proceeded to tell him of side effects that I had experienced in the past with as few as 8 units to the same region. He rolled his eyes once again and took a PRONOUNCED deep breath….and just stood there staring at me like I was crazy. Not to mention, I was SITTING in a chair low to the ground, and he was STANDING over me (within ½ of an arm’s reach) making me feel very uncomfortable and overpowered. So he says, “I only do a minimal of 20 units at one time, that seems to be right for everyone. Anything else won’t give you the results you want”. I proceeded to tell him that the last time I came in and had botox and juvederm. (I’ll tell you of that visit later)… I only got just a few units, and that seemed to work just fine for me and that I thought I may have been a little more sensitive to it than others…. IT’S CALLED INDIVIDUALIZATION!!!!!!! Something the doctor apparently doesn’t know about or respect. Despite me stating that I didn’t want that many units, he had pretty much bullied me into 16 units after talking DOWN TO ME …literally and metaphorically….. for about 5 minutes. On top of that, instead of taking a look at my home care ointments, and discussing my current needs and questions, I was fed a propaganda line of their new product that in their terms was defined as “pricey”. And it’s function was a function that I had NOT even expressed interest in. At no time was I asked “do you have any questions or concerns?” or “what do you normally do at home?” or “ what type of skin problems are you experiencing?” All he wanted to do is shoot me with the botox THAT HE RECOMMENDED and get on to his next victim. Anytime I slowed him down to ask a question, he rolled his eyes and took an audible breath in disgust so that I could hear it…as if he didn’t have time for my frivolous petty questions. (which apparently he doesn’t know , is a patient’s right. The right to ask questions and consent to treatment without being harassed and bullied by a doctor). When the doctor walked out to get the medicine. I expressed to his nurse that I was worried about him doing this procedure,considering his aggressiveness, hurriedness and unwillingness to listen to my concerns. She asked if I still wanted to get it done. I said might as well, because he did my previous treatment, and I’m already here now;…… But I don’t believe I will be back after this appointment because I am not comfortable with his mannerisms, his arrogance and lack of patient individualization or interest in their concerns. And, because I had this appointment scheduled on my only day off , I could not reschedule with another doctor at this point and time. At that note, she steps out and tells the doctor what I said (because I can hear it through the door). I heard the doctor say “ I just wont see her then. Tell her she can go home if she don’t like me”. So I opened the door and tried to explain to the doctor why I felt that way, but he proceeded to turn away from me and talk to someone else while I was “mid sentence”. At that point he turned away from me and left me standing there……just standing there………so I left….. The first time I went there, at least 6 months ago….i got just a few units of botox (despite being begged to get more by him). I didn’t think much of the begging , I just figured he was trying to look out for me. He was very rushed THEN, and I didn’t like his mannerisms at all. I agreed to get juvederm (which is as expensive as heck) to my lower face area. I showed him EXACTLY where I wanted it, but it wound up NOWHERE close to what I told him. I even drew it out on my own face with a marker so he couldn’t get it wrong. Three weeks later when the bruising FINALLY went away, he said he could go back and insert the needle AGAIN to melt the displaced juvederm. I was like, no way, the bruising JUST went away from THIS NEEDLE. I cant do another 3 WEEKS of bruising from another one just to correct your mistake. After both of these visits, saying that I am unhappy and disgruntled is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I have already contacted my attorney, the board of dermatology, and now the board of medicine. Please help me to make sure that this doctor isn’t going to bully around all the other innocent victims/patients who come to him for their care.

August 24th, 2015
I will not go to another dermatologist. Dr. Tabor has an excellent bedside manner, knowledgable and precise. His entire staff is friendly (esp. Ashley) and always, always over the top helpful.

August 12th, 2015
Dr. Tabor is one of the best Physicans on the Northshore. His staff is very knowledgable

July 29th, 2015
Never see him
You will eventually see only his NP who is rude and not at all interested in the patients.

March 19th, 2015
Outstanding Dermatologist
Very good at keeping appointment time. My only concerns are that his associates be preferred BCBS National members as well since my insurance does not cover their services. I will find out today

January 23rd, 2015
Don't Waste Your Time or Money
Rude staff and the Dr appears to use them to help him make money on his cosmetic line. I was astounded at our unprofessional his nurse was. He did nothing for me and I ended up seeing another Dermatologist. I was forewarned but did not listen. I learned my lesson. Word of mouth is always best and so I asked around again and heard good things about one who helped solve my issue.

September 5th, 2014
not coming back
Office people was ok. Only one ahead of me in the waiting room. I came for a complete body check for skin cancer. The NP Nuss came in rushed with the spray already in her hand to freeze off a few spots. She checked my back and old scar, that's it. As she turned to rush back out I showed her a spot to look at. In a rush she missed freezing it by 2 inches.

March 25th, 2014
Dr, Tabor is the BEST
I went in for a skin consult and was seend right on time. Dr. Tabor answered all my questions thoroughly and made recommendations for my skin problems like redness and wrinkles. I am starting laser treatments soon. Thanks Dr. TAbor!

December 10th, 2013
dr.tabor and staff
very efficient,nice drs.and staff.would go back.

February 28th, 2012
wasted my time and money
I went to get some moles looked at. I felt that he did not look thoroughly at all and was rushed. I also inquired about microdermabrasion to get rid of pockmarks on my face caused from acne. Instead of giving me information on the procedure I wanted he prescribed me his skin lightening cream for $50. After purchasing, I went home to find that the cream he sold me has been found to cause cancer at %2 concentration. His formula is at %6 concentration! I feel that he should have discussed the studies out there concerning the cream's main ingredient. And in the end, it is only a skin lightening cream/light peel. It will not solve my pockmark problem and cost me a pretty penny. I HATED my experience there.