Dr. Eric Tallent, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Do you like arrogant doctors with god complexes who will mess up your lady parts? Then Dr. Tallent is for you! show details Do you like arrogant doctors with god complexes who will mess up your lady parts? Then Dr. Tallent is for you!
May 26th, 2015

Dr. Tallent delivered one of my children because my own doctor had a family emergency. He was arrogant, rude, insulting (imagine having your doctor talk on and on in front of a room full of people about the NATURAL bodily functions happening during your labor in a derogatory way while you're helpless to do anything about it), did not listen to our wishes, was in a rush, and MESSED UP MY STITCHING (my own doctor said there was nothing he could do short of cutting and restitching it!). He was very arrogant and egotistical with us. When my child was born, I had to ask 4-5 times for him to hand over my baby because he was too busy holding him and trying to pose for photos! (Hello, this birth wasn't about him!). Even the nurses later apologized and told me that he's known for being an a-hole.

FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR show details FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR
Dec 15th, 2014

He treated me for infertility with Clomid. I was hesitant because Clomid is known to cause cysts. I've had cysts, even ovarian cysts and been diagnosed with HPV before. Dr. Tallent knew this and still convinced me to take it. I voiced my concerns while taking the medicine that I thought I may have a cyst. He did not listen and only did pelvic exams on me once a month instead of an ultrasound. On the fourth month of taking the Clomid, I had massive in between cycle bleeding. His office offered no explanation. I switched doctors immediately. When I did, the new doctor conducted an ultrasound right away. Turns out I had two cysts, one ruptured and the other was left in tact. The new doctor took me off of the Clomid right away. Dr. Tallent used to be a good listener and very considerate. Unfortunately, he has taken a turn for the worst. My mother in law has had many problems with him about her menopause. He refuses to take the time to listen to his patients. He literally did my pelvic exam and was out the door within 3 minutes.

RUN!!! show details RUN!!!
Jan 16th, 2014

I wish I'd had the experience everyone here seems to have had! I was referred after a Bad pap and he has been nothing but an arrogant jerk the two times I've been back. After waiting an hour for my appointment he spent 3 minutes with me (I timed it), and was walking out the door answering my question! Also, I was mortified to come out of the room to here a nurse say look quick that's her...I was the only one in the hall!

Saves Lives show details Saves Lives
by Crystal K. on Aug 5th, 2013

I have had 4 children with him and I am a horrible pregnancy person. The last two I had I had trouble the entire pregnancy. My 4 year old I went into labor with the first time 24 weeks the nurses and doctor on call told me she probably wouldn't make it long enough to have a chance to survive. Dr. Tallent told me she wasnt coming until 37 weeks no matter what! He was right they were idiots. My last at 6 weeks I was unable to keep even a sip of water down and it didn't stop. I was losing weight and was very ill. When I was rushed to labor and delivery a few weeks later because I was to weak to stand we were told to give up by the dr on call. Dr. Tallent told me to suck it up that I hadn't given up on him ever and he wasnt giving up on me he didn't. I ended up with a PIC line and fed through a tube with Zofran but finally I was able to hold something down two months later and came off. Both of those pregnancy I was in and out of the hospital with premature labor. I even remember me crying because I was scared there was no way this would stop. Everyone kept telling me to prepare for the worst. Everyone but him, he told he didn't care if I had to stay in the hospital on magnesium until the baby was developed enough to join us in the world that he would do everything in his power. He is the best doctor I have ever had. I trusted him not only with my unborn children but I trust him with my own life. My last child which will be two in Septemeber was the scariest but he put all my fears to ease and never criticized me for being scared or bothering him with what some doctors would say was nonsense. He even called my husband to reassure him that our son and his wife would be ok. When my contractions didnt ease I went to l&d and the nurses were preparing me to push and I was terrified I still thought it was a week early. They called Dr. Tallent and he was there in a few minutes. They had already told him it was time to get me ready to push he asked them if they checked to see if his head was where it needed to be ( it had been my entire pregnancy) they told him of course. He decided to check for himself. It couldn't have been 5 minutes and I was on my way for a C-Section he has flipped and needed to come out now. He isn't like any other Dr. It was my first C-Section and as I was crying and shaking and terrified he held my hand the entire way and never left my side. He told me everything that was happening and made sure I understood. I knew I would be ok not just because he is an amazing doctor but because he cares. I would never doubt him and I know not only is he intelligent what makes him more than just a good doctor is the amount of time and care he puts into each patient. He doesn't lie to make you feel better, he doesn't beat around the bush or skip a few parts to not offend you, he cares enough to tell you exactly what is wrong, what can happen, what needs to be done, and what the outcome can be either good or bad. He will never tell you bs. I am not a very easy patient to deal with and I AMA worse pregnant person but he never once told me some thing that wasnt true. He even told me when I was being stubborn and my consequences of acting that way. If I needed him though whether it be for a concern, our of fear, reassurance, or just some thing I knew was stupid he was there. There are people that say he is to blunt or can be rude. To those people I say then find a doctor that doesn't care about there patients that will lie to you so your feelings don't get hurt. If you want a doctor who isn't worried about money in his pocket, awards, getting home by dinner, or his life more than he is your own then there isn't a doctor I have ever heard of better than him. I owe the lives of my children, my well being and so much more to him. He is more than just my doctor and I know so many people that feel the same way. I never dread having to see him. I wish I could see him and never have to see any other doctor. I have been through many doctors from cancer to other health problems and even been to friends ongyns with them and never have a met or dealt with someone like him. I would recommend him to anyone. If you have an unborn child in your stomach and have given up hope of any chance don't ever give up just find someone who cares about life as much as him. He will always be my hero.

Jul 2nd, 2012

I have used him for many years and he's seen me from regular office I can't say enough about him. He is just avery professional, caring doctor.

May 9th, 2012

He's been my doctor for the last four years. He's very patient in listening to my concerns and is very honest. I switched to him halfway through my pregnancy because I was unpleased with my previous doctor. It was a relief to have him taking care of me.

Mar 14th, 2012

Horrible for OB care. He is simply the rudest doctor. If you ask him questions he will belittle you and treat you like a child. His archaic policies concerning labor and delivery ensure most of his patients WILL have a c section. I drove an hour away just to be away from his dangerous ways...

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Katrice on Dec 17th, 2009

Dr. Tallent and his staff are very professional and they get the job done in a timely manner.

Dec 14th, 2009

I was refered to Dr. Eric Tallent from my GYN when I got pregnant. He is so great I haven't went back to my old GYN and I had always loved her.

The only OB for me! show details The only OB for me!
by Candace on Oct 26th, 2009

Dr. Tallent has been my OB since I first got pregnant. I was 17 when I had my first child and I was terrified!! But he made things easier. I was able to relax and not be so scared! I'm now 21 and expecting my 3rd child (Dr. Tallent delivered both my children as he was also my OB during the pregnancy). I am currently living in NC and I'm going HOME to Alabama to have my baby as Dr. Tallent is the ONLY OB doc i want to be my OB and deliver my baby! I trust him totally! His staff is wonderful as they have to be to keep up with him!! Go!! you wont be disappointed!

Simply the best! show details Simply the best!
by kwajmama on Nov 22nd, 2008

Best bedside manner of a doctor ever. Not at all egotistical like most doctors! Wish all doctors were like him.

Mar 26th, 2008

I love him and his staff. They are the best!