Dr. Eric Tepper MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 10th, 2016
excellent care, excellent staff

September 21st, 2015
A Great option... For your over all health,... And. a very nice guy...

September 12th, 2015
If You Want To See a PA go to Dr Tepper
Have been a patient for years slowly Dr. Tepper cut down his office time for eating disorder clinic. If you want to see him you have a good two week wait. Do have greatPAs that keep his practice going but they are getting slammed with patients. The only reason we are staying is it is difficult to find a new Doc. We are thinking of going to,Kaiser have had many favorable recommendations . I know much easier to get an appointment and see your doctor than this office.

June 6th, 2014
After seeing how drugged out I was for 3+ years, my family members insisted on coming with me to my appointments. After much careful consideration of their feedback regarding this doctor, I have changed my primary care. With the help of my new doctor, I managed to titrate down from the medications. It was VERY difficult weening myself off the multiple medications Dr. Tepper had me on. Be wary.

March 6th, 2014
Worst experience ever. Way, way, way too liberal with Rx pad. Totally drugged me out on multiple psychotropic drugs, which he had no business prescribing as a GP.

November 18th, 2013
Lucky to be alive
Dr. Tepper was the doctor associated with Summit Eating Disorders and Outreach Program at the time I was being treated for anorexia and bulimia. He prescribed multiple high doses of many psychotropic drugs, (which should not be Rx-ed by general practitioners) without psychiatric oversight. I was in a SERIOUS automobile accident 4 years ago, ending up in a coma/5 months in-patient rehab, a TBI, and unable to work. The doctors who initially treated me (after my life-flight to ER) were shocked by the amounts of medications Dr. Tepper had me on, and speculated that the combinations played a large part in my accident. I was encouraged to seek legal counsel, which I chose not to do. I am pleased to see that Summit has ended their relationship with Dr. Tepper. It has taken me many years to reach the decision to write this review, but I feel that other patients should be aware of my experience with this doctor.

September 30th, 2013
Wow, I am a fairly new patient and my prescriptions are not sent correctly to Mail order pharmacy. Dr, Office wants the Pharmacy to call, they wont do it, say need a new prescription. Why cant the office get it right, I need a 90 day supply not a 30 day? sent to Mail order Pharmacy. I had never had any dealings with the Dr. only his staff. Hm should have listened to the reviews on the net! just hope it gets better.

February 6th, 2013
Very Pleased
I changed insurance programs and spent many, many hours researching for a new doctor. After my initial visit today (2/6/13) I am pleased I chose Dr. Tepper. He spent more time with me than I expected trying to learn all about me. He was engaged, thorough, a good listener and observant. He never made me feel like he was in a hurry nor did he treat any of my concerns as if they were not important. Even though I've only had one appointment I have a real good feeling that this relationship will be beneficial to me and my long term health.

April 21st, 2011
Real Human Being
Dr. Tepper is very smart, and he shares information freely, answering all questions and explaining. Trial and error prescribing that one reviewer complained about, is just a fact since people respond differently to antidepressants and other drugs. He is warm and friendly, easy to talk to. So is the physician's assistant, Christine. Go in with a list, and they will cover everything.

March 21st, 2011
Rating Dr Tepper
I have been seen by many doctors over my 66 years but none have taken the time, nor interest in what was ailing me as Dr. Tepper has. He listens and asks a lot of questions.His staff have always been friendly, helpful and effecient. Can't say enough good things about this man, recommend him to anyone looking for a "good" doctor.

November 27th, 2010
Dr. Eric Tepper
Excellent doctor! Dr. Tepper really cares. Sometimes he can be rushed, because everyone wants to only see him. His staff is going through alot of changes, some have left to have families, back to school etc.., But Dr. Tepper is worth the wait.

October 19th, 2010
Stephen
For about two years I was generally happy with Dr. Tepper, but with a few notable exceptions. First, he tends strongly to be a "give-em-a-pill" doctor. My wife also visited him and was told, "Well, we'll try this and if that doesn't work we'll try something else and we'll keep trying until we find something that works." All of this referred to prescription medications and the first one he gave her was the maximum prescribed dose for the medication. He chose that because it's what he had a free sample of. Get that? Choosing the dosage based upon what he had as a sample from the Pharma companies?! It was way to much for her, a small individual, and she had a bad reaction to it. His response? "OK, we'll try something else." No thanks. She went to another doctor. In my case I described symptoms of a persistent sore throat, increasing difficulty swallowing, and a growing, large lump in my neck. His response? "We'll keep an eye on it." He did so for between 1 and 2 years with quarterly visits and complaints until I insisted we do something more to diagnose the problem. Turned out to be cancer, now far more advanced that it should have been if properly diagnosed in an early stage. So, I cannot recommend Dr. Tepper.