A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Eric Topol:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Topol
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Topol Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Eric Topol, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 27 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Block
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Intracranial Hemorrhages
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Topol graduated from University of Rochester . He has 8 awards.
Dr. Topol has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Eric Topol MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Eric Topol practice?
- Dr. Eric Topol has 1 office location.
Dr. Eric Topol practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near La Jolla, CA.
See La Jolla Internists and La Jolla Cardiologists.