Radiologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Recant from June 22, 2012 Review  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2013

This is the recant from a review posted on June 22, 2012. Patient stated; "I would like to recant most of my previous review on 6-22-12. Dr. Vander Woude did place a picc line for me after hours and he was very nice, very polite and did a great job placing my picc line however, a few days later as I was having my picc line cares done I voiced concern that my picc line seemed to have come out a few cm's and the picc nurse stated that there is no way it could have came out as it was sutured in and the original picc dressing was in place I was told the original measurement must have been wrong as I waited for someone to clarify this at the hospital I was again told the radiologist must have made a mistake with the original measurement...I knew his original measurement was correct as I myself am a nurse and I knew exactly what the external cath length was when placed. So I left the hospital and called the radiology dept to clarify the situation myself and I spoke to one of the radiology nurses who indicated that she would speak the Dr. Vander Woude and call me back, after 4 hours I called back to speak to the nurse as I had not heard from her and my pharmacy would not send my TPN until clarified. As I was waiting for the nurse Dr. Vander Woude got on the line and I felt was kind of rude to me. Upon further investigation and reading my medical records from that day I noted that the nurse did not communicate to Dr. Vander Woude very well and it was a huge misunderstanding...I still feel that he could have handled the situation a little differently. With that being said I do feel he is a good physician and did try to make me feel comfortable and ease my fear of the procedure. I would have no problem in Dr. Vander Woude taking care of me in the future if the need ever arises."

|  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

He put in a picc line for me after hours he was very polite and very nice...however, a few days later I had a question on my picc and its exact location and measurements and called to get it as I was not provided with that information during placement. I was told by the nurse she would check and call me right back 4 hours later I had not recieved a call back..so I called back and asked to speak to the nurse a few minutes later he gets on the line and proceeds to yell at me and treat me very poorly...I am a nurse and professionally would not let a Dr. treat me like this so as a patient there is no excuse for his conduct I have nothing good to say about him and will never let him near me again!!!!!

|  show details
by Eda Sandman/Cindy West on Jul 30th, 2009

Dr. Eric Vander Woude was professional and seemed very confident and competent. He took as much time as we needed in making decisions about surgery and answered all of our questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of these services.