Dr. Erica Sewell DO Patient Reviews

January 28th, 2014
dont recommend
Had a terrible experience. Never have I had a DR. make fun of my condition. Terrible bedside manner, told my husband if he didn't like her answer go find another Dr. after only 2 visits as our family primary care doctor. If your looking for a Dr. who cares about your health? She is not it!

July 22nd, 2013
Should not be called an osteopath.
I have a twisted and misaligned pelvis and severe hip pain from a leg injury which caused me to limp for months and that has recently flared up again . I had read from several sources online that osteopaths specialize in muscle and bone issues and so I researched for one and her name came up. When the nurse pulled me in the room and I explained my situation she very condescendingly asked me why I would come to a family doctor instead of a specialist, made remarks about what she had apparently considered inadequate diagnostic testing by my orthopedic doctor and physical therapist (I have no health insurance so they tried to skip any tests they considered unnecessary), and then continued to tell me she didn't think the doctor would be able to help me and walked out the door. She came back and said the doctor wouldn't see me because it would be a waste of both of our times. I explained that I had been told she was an osteopath and she only replied yes but she wouldn't do any manipulations and she would only have to charge you to walk in here and refer you to a specialist. She then told me that my leg wouldn't affect my hip so there must be something else wrong with me. (Even though my ortho, physical therapist, and clinical massage therapist told me they see pelvic problems from limping every day, and I have known other people with similar problems) She gave me a piece of paper with two osteopathic doctor's names on it and walked me out the door. I came only seeking help for a problem that has been causing me pain for months and left feeling demoralized and stupid for even walking in the door.