Dr. Erich Lingenfelter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 11th, 2016
WORST DOCTOR IVE EVER SEEN
Worst doctor I've ever seen or met in my 50 years of life. Ignored everything I said .lied to the insurance company. I'm in worst shape now than before I seen him 2 years ago

November 10th, 2015
He was an amazing doctor. After going to multiple doctors to help figure out the best plan of action for my shoulder he figured out what needed to be done in just one visit and had GREAT bed side manner I would recommend him to ANYONE looking for a ortho doctor!

November 5th, 2015
NORTHLAND BONE AND JOINT HORRIBLE, UNPROFESSIONAL
If being professional, responsive & polite are things you want when looking for a doctor & office avoid this one like the plague. See all the reviews from different sources online. Multiple complaints about staff being rude, slow, unresponsive. When dealing with workers comp, FMLA there are deadlines. Even with months in advance notice Tina did not get everything to the adjuster in time. Rather than an apology she was obnoxious, confrontational & blamed everything on the Dr. I don't know if she's Dr Lingenfelter's wife, mother, girlfriend or related another way but when we notified them we wanted no further contact from her because of her beyond unprofessional behavior surgery was cancelled, 3 DAYS BEFORE! AFTER WAITING SINCE JUNE! Dr. Lingenfelter did not bother contacting me to find out the situation. I offered email & phone records to verify all contact w office. Patient well being was zero concern. I would think that would be an ethics violation. This office has a reputation of being completely disorganized, slow & needing to be babysat in order to get anything done. Boy, from my experience it's true! Tina will not have any patient contact by email, only phone. Most people prefer email, more convenient. Also shows a history & what's said. In all the circumstances I've dealt with people that only use the phone they have a reason. You can't prove what they said. This office needs to record their conversations. I bet their reviews go up significantly if the staff knows they are being recorded! I tried to complain to the office manager, they don't have one, haven't for awhile. I wonder why? I was sent to the Asst front desk manager who PUT ME ON SPEAKER PHONE!! I had to ask her to take me off. Privacy issues, a doctors office? Am I the only person that has a real problem with that? I was told by a staff member their system keeps track of your number whether you get to a person or not. If you need to keep following up to get things done be sure to call private! Appts are fun too. We had a 3:30 and finally got in after 5!!! Maybe one day Dr. Lingenfelter will take a few minutes to google himself & see the complaints about his staff that are consistent for years. Take a close look at any 5 star reviews anywhere. You will notice a majority sound like ads, not like legitimate reviews. I even saw a positive one that still mentioned issues with the staff!! Dr. Lingenfelter needs to pull his blinders off or his partners need to get involved before the staff destroys their business. It's unfortunate that Dr. Lingenfelter has a good reputation as a surgeon but is allowing his personal/office relationships to interfere rather than taking the time to hear all sides to see if maybe there's really a problem! Sad...

June 12th, 2015
work comp flunky
went to him for a ime for my company after I got injured waste of time found out that he is represented my the same lawyer as my company sounds like a conflict of interest and he sais exactly what they wanted him too im sure call the mo work comp hotline and told them that its a conflict of interes to se a doctor that lawyer represents is the same as my work like that will be an honest eval but they said its perfectly legal I guess in Missouri we don't care about employees big money always wins is you see him for work comp it will be a joke waste of time and gas

February 19th, 2015
Wonderful!
This Dr has the best bed side manner of any Dr I have ever been too! So caring and answers questions

December 3rd, 2014
Miracle Worker
I have had three shoulder replacements. First one done at Mayo the lining disintegrated and destroyed my shoulder. Second one I rejected big bone graft from bone bank. Third one was specially designed for me and used my own bone for graft. Did a reverse replacement this time and it has been absolutely fabulous. I went from Barbie Doll movement to being able to reach in the back seat of the car and reaching the top shelf of the cupboard. I thank God for Dr. Ligenfelter everyday.

February 5th, 2014
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Dr. Lingenfelter did my rotator cuff surgery a little over 2 years ago. He did an excellent job, after going thru the healing process I regained all but a little of the behind the back movement. I have had no reoccurring pain. I would highly recommend him.

November 28th, 2012
There was not any care after surgery. PA and staff took out stitches. Missing one- still have it. Was suppose to see Dr 4 weeks after surgery but staff advise no appointments for 6 to 7 weeks. Had reaction from surgery and had no communication from Dr. Surgery was sucessful but no aftercare. Will not go back

March 8th, 2012
Cindy W
I was such a mess! I had two previous rotator cuff surgeries that had failed and I was in so much pain with no place to go, (at a dead end with my current doc), until my friends friend who is a hand surgeon referred me to Dr. Lingenfelter. From the first appt, to surgery which was called a "right rotator cuff revision", to rehab, every step was handle with care and complete confidence that I would heal and get back to being ME! I have referred family members and friends to this doctor and practice!

April 30th, 2010
Shoulder replacement
Dr. Lingenfelter in my opinion is an outstanding surgeon. After many years of pain, I finally had my shoulder replaced. I can not say enough good things about this Dr. The surgery went flawlessly and the recovery has been easier than anticipated. If you have a shoulder problem, do not hesitate to see Dr. Lingenfelter.

April 6th, 2009
Does NOTHING RIGHT!
I was set up for an appointment over the phone through workers comp. I supposedly was set for an MRI while I was there for a visit according to Connie the Workers comp woman in Dr. Lingenfelter's office. She said I had an appointment to see a doctor their on **** day. I get their and they do not have me set up. The Doctor (So I think at least; He never introduced himself, and had no name in his lab coat.) walks in asks the problem, and tells me I need and MRI. After a WEEK they schedule me for an MRI finally and set up a follow up visit(so they say). I call back to verify that and they set it up for a MONTH later. So I have no usage of my arm as a result of an accident and they continue to want to play around and do nothing but bill insurance more and more office visits instead of actually taking care of the injury! HORRIBLE!