Dr. Erich Marchand MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 2nd, 2015
patient
I came to see dr marchand from out of town only to have to see the medical student he stayed with about 5 minutes I was so upset I had to rent a room and take a day oof work and he only said hello and my assistant will take care of you I didn't make appointment with his assistant I satisfisted to come see him I will never make an appointment with I felt I didn't matter to Jim I need to look else where

March 17th, 2012
While the hospital stay at UNMH was mostly miserable Dr Marchand was a very caring, empathetic, and intelligent doctor. He has a very good bedside manner and was patient to answer questions I had.

March 19th, 2011
Not a good choice for pediatric patients
Dr. Marchand operated on my son when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and I will always wish that we had sought other opinions and traveled to a better neurosurgeon for my son's care. Dr. Marchand was presented to us as a pediatric neurosurgeon, but we later found out that he is not a board certified pediatric NS but rather a general NS who will also operate on children. Children with brain tumors have much better outcomes when operated on by board certified pediatric neurosurgeons. Dr. Marchand never answered e-mails or returned our phone calls during the three years that my child was in his care. He always seemed rushed and never spent more than 5 minutes with my child or talking to us. Often we would wait over 2 hours in his office to be seen for 2 minutes. We are very dissatisfied with him as a neurosurgeon.