Dr. Erick Mafong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 3rd, 2016
Great ! Very professional and made my visit less anxious. He is easy to converse regarding g treatment.

April 29th, 2015
My first visit and first impression with Dr. Mafong was a positive consultation and I felt very comfortable and confident with him!

July 1st, 2013
Slow and Inconclusive
Staff are super slow, not especially courteous, and not very organized. I would say this is my worst medical check in/ wait time I have experienced in San Diego County in the past eight years. I waited nearly an hour past my appointment time to be seen. I have had much better, more efficient processing at Sharp San Diego and Scripps La Jolla. I had thought a small clinic like this would be even better, but it is not even close. I paid my co- pay up front, but lady at the desk said if I wanted a receipt she could have it ready after my meeting with the doctor. After my appointment more than an hour later, the receipt was not ready. She asked me to wait while she took care of other business, then printed it out reluctantly, like I was bothering her by requesting my receipt. Dr. Mafong was very personable, nice. He apologized for being late. I don't mind waiting twenty or so minutes past the appointment, but closer to an hour is pushing it. The doctor's manner seemed to suggest this was business as usual. If you go, be prepared to wait a long time. It seems to be the usual way of doing business there. He was nice but was confused by my skin problem. He ruled out one thing but had no idea what it might be. His advice was to wait and watch for four weeks. It may or may not be enough, but I didn't leave with a great sense of confidence. If my skin condition worsens upon his advice to cease medication, I am going to be very upset. He was very courteous and answered all my questions, looked at a couple other skin issues to comment or offer advice. I liked him, but I left with a feeling of unease because he could not give me a clear answer.

August 21st, 2011
Dr
Dr. Mafong was accurate in his diagnosis in my skin cancer, explained the three types of skin cancer to me and painlessly removed the cancer from my ear and nose. A follow up appointment was made.

April 11th, 2011
I love Dr. Mafong. I only a few mintues for my appointment but I always ask for the earliest appointment. Everyone was very friendly. I have a chronic condition and have seen a lot of dermatologists. Dr Mafong spent a lot of time with me discussing what has and hasn't worked in the past, and together we came up with a regimen that is managable for me and so far has worked great. I did not feel rushed at all as I have with almost every other doctor I've had. I highly recommend him.

March 2nd, 2011
Best Dermatologist I've EVER had!
Dr. Mafong and his staff were amazing! The staff was professional, courteous and very friendly. Dr. Mafong was very knowledgable, patient and understanding. He addressed each of my concerns, educated me on my medical issue and gave me a clear diagnosis. My procedure went very smooth and I saw excellent results within a couple of days.I'm recommending him to all my family and friends!

September 8th, 2010
I recently saw Dr. Mafong for an issue I had with a mole on my back. Dr. Mafong took the time to explain his diagnosis and provided several solutions. It made me feel much better to be informed and part of the treatment process.