Dr. Ericka Young Is this you?

Excellent and Compassionate Doctor!

Posted on October 5th, 2015

Dr. Young is an excellent doctor. She answers all my questions and she is available for me to call her when I am sick. She orders test that I need done and refers me to specialists as needed. She has helped me in so many ways. She always listens and never judges. God Bless you Dr. Young, you have helped me immensely!

Dr Young's New Location

Posted on September 13th, 2014

She is now at Huguenot Primary Care 1807 Huguenot Rd #101 Midlothian, VA (804) 378-7373 She took the open position after Dr Sig Seiler left to teach. In my opinion, his shoes can never be filled. This week was my first appointment with her and I am not smiling much. Dr Seiler and I worked for over a year to develop a treatment plan that works. She changed everything.

I knew something was wrong with her

Posted on April 28th, 2014

This dr is "no longer with the practice". I knew something was wrong with her from the first day I saw her. It's my fault I didn't switch doctors. Just some of the things she did or didn't do when she saw me: - found out all the times I went to see her for UTI symptoms she never sent in my sample for a culture. Found out now I have inflammatory cystitis but would have known sooner if she had ever sent my urine in for a culture. - husband and I both went in around christmas with suspected flu. She confirmed it in a swab, covered her face with her shirt and told us to go home. When I asked if she would listen to my heart because I have a hearty rhythm issue and fever was making it worse, she said no, it was just fever. Never laid a hand on either of us, never offered Tamiflu, and couldn't wait to get us out of the office. - I spoke to her about depression/anxiety. She put me on what she was on (referred to as her happy pills). I had a reaction to it. After that she put me on every anxiety/depression med you can imagine- when one didn't work she immediately prescribed another. Finally got one that worked and she took me off it after 9 months. I relapsed. Stand in nurse at the practice saw me she was appalled I was never referred to a psychiatrist for the correct meds, and that I was given xanax as a sustainable treatment which I am now having trouble getting off of. - When I saw her for cystic acne (I am in my 40's) she told me if I found something that worked to tell her because she had it too. No offer of treatment or referral. - I saw her for a recurrent finger nail infection and without gloves, she put her fingernail under mine to poke at the infection (even a child knows nails carry tons of germs and bacteria) and then told me there was nothing she could do- try some antibiotic ointment. - I showed her a couple of sore spots on my tongue. She said I had herpes. I was later told by 2 dentists and a doctor that it's geographic tongue. There is some fault on my part for continuing to see her but I did report this to the other doctor and I was actively looking for a new Dr. when she "left". All I can say is beware of this woman. Wherever she ends up next!

The Best Doctor for my two girls, husband, and I

Posted on March 29th, 2014

If anyone is able to locate her new location please leave it in the comments. My daughters loved her and she never dismissed my concerns.

Beast Doctor i have ever had

Posted on March 27th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Young for about 6 years and she has been the only Dr. I have ever visited that actually spent time with me and explained everything to me so I understood why I was on the medications I take and other options I may have to take in the future. She is truly caring and concerned about her patients. I am also sad she has left the practice she was with and will also try to locate her new practice. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great primary Dr. that also is experienced with pain management. I left her old office today feeling upset, with the office more concerned about the medications I take than my welfare and medical history.

Dr. Young has been the best

Posted on March 26th, 2014

Dr. Young is very nice and so helpful. I have been to other offices that I have to wait almost an hour to be seen, here I have never had to wait more then at the most 10 minutes from walking in the door. Dr. Young has always listened to me and taken the time to 100% talk to me and make sure everything is understood before i leave. One visit I had a question about my husband (not a patient) and she spend about 20 minutes talking to me about his symptoms. I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Young. I am sad she is no long with the practice will be trying to track her down and move to her new location.

Did not examine me

Posted on March 17th, 2012

I went due to sudden migranes with visual disturbances and chronic joint pain. This doctor did not even lay her hands on me. She told me I needed to quit smoking. She never even bothered to physically examine me and told me all of my problems were from smoking. I wanted to have labs drawn and she didnt think I needed it but she said she would do it just to make me feel better. I was shocked to have a doctor not lay one hand on me and tell me there was nothing she could do for me because I smoked.

Posted on April 23rd, 2017