Neurologists

Northwest Headache Clinic
13107 121st Way NE
Kirkland, WA 98034
425-899-6200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

I have never had worse service by staff. Armitano's new assistant is terrible. Phone calls are rarely returned. If by luck you are able to get through to her she behaves like she is a doctor, telling you how things are going to be. If you have an emergency flare up or need to be seen same day, you are out of luck. Then when you have go to the ER, the ER will not be able to communicate with the facility on behalf of your care. Armitano is a decent, soft spoken doctor but seems pretty complacent with care and moving forward with a plan to get better. If asking him a question he just agrees with you instead of giving you an answer. He does unfortunately have very poor communication skills, and if you have established a plan with him for your care beware that he may change the frequency of prescriptions with no notice to you. Then when you call requesting a normal refill and it is denied, it takes a week of calling, and finally making a visit IN person to the facility to even get some clarification or answers, which are then given to you rudely, and in front of other people with no respect for patient privacy. Please go somewhere else if you want good care. Just the staffs behavior alone is enough to steer clear of this place.

|  Results by Post It Note.  |  show details
by Jen on Feb 21st, 2013

I waited 3 months for results from an MRI Dr. Armitano ordered despite calling his office several times asking for them and when I finally received the results after threatening not to pay for the MRI his comments came by way of a Post It Note on top of the radiologist result. I was told I had normal wear and tear in my cervical spine. If he'd actually read the results, he might have seen where the radiologist requested additional MRI scans - which I got after seeing another physician. We discovered something much worse than normal wear and tear. Thankfully I was wise enough to follow up on my own.

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

This doctor is very caring. I have been to many doctors with my back pain and none of them was actually able to help me. Dr. A was even willing to consult with my physical therapist to find the best way to help me. I am grateful and highly recommend this doctor.

|  office staff needs training.  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

phone calls are not returned. Questions are answered with jibberish and silly responses. His staff person says they will take care of your need "immediately" I was lucky to have another call back or my need met at all. Seldom were my needs responded too.

|  Strange office staff  |  show details
May 18th, 2012

The doctor was very nice and professional. His staff however had some strange comments. (wanting to know if I live in a house or a condo?) She also said the circle of willis was the name of the MRI machine. After my office visit one of his staff members asked me how I was feeling "did my leg feel like I was draging a dead weight" in front of other people in the office.I will return (if I can get another appointment) to see this doctor as his professional manner was excellent.

|  disappointed  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I could not get in touch with assistant. had to have another office person go get her to get to talk to her. none of my phone calls were returned after leaving messages. Doctor did not call me back after i requested a call several times since I had more questions after visit.

|  office assistant  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2011

a silly comment was made to each of my answers to her questions making my appointment scheduling take twice as long as it should have. I she a new employee?

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2011

A great Doctor, listens to his patients, soft spoken, very informative. You will be satisfied!!!

|  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

Scheduling the initial appointment was difficult. The receptionist didn't return calls for days on end. Once seen, the exam was brief and I left the office with more questions than answers. Also the exam room was messy with dirty linen on the table. After a change for the worse we requested refills on medicine to deal with 3 days of vomiting. Again no return call or prescription refill even after my wife drove in to speak with staff. We were forced to see a GP days later who was unfamiliar with my diagnosis to get the appropriate medicines. If youre looking for a Neurologist who explains things in lay-mans terms and is an available resource for any change in condition my advice would be look elsewhere.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2011

Dr. Armitano is one of the few doctors I've ever encountered who takes the time to really listen and answer questions and make sure that his patient has good, clear information about his/her concern. I'd rate him 5 out of 4 in bedside manner and spending enough time with me.

|  Worst staff as far as follow up goes  |  show details
by KM on Jul 27th, 2010

Stay away

|  Very kind and thorough  |  show details
May 13th, 2010

I felt Dr. Armitano was very thorough and took a great deal of time to give me a proper assessment. I haven't had this type of experience in my life except when I was evaluated by a med student who was being graded. I was with him for a full hour, which is like the time most drs use to see 4-6 patients and sometimes more. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Armitano. I got the sense that he truly cared about my well being and getting the right diagnosis, instead of rushing me along. He listened to my experiences, opinions, and ideas without disregarding them because I haven't been to med school. Yes, the office staff esp. the woman working the front counter is spacey. She actually had a post-it note/cheat sheet on her desk that said 45 15=60 and she even carried the one! But Dr. Armitano is a young doctor and the newest in the practice (4 years according to their site)and probably had nothing to do with hiring the staff. I can't fault him for that. Maybe blame Dr. Singer since he has been with NAW for over 25 years.

|  HORRIBLE OFFICE STAFF  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2009

The staff, especially his main office manager is all over the place. You always go to voicemail, rarely with a call back. Your information is often forgotten and always call back to see if your meds were really called into the pharmacy. Do NOT have an emergency issue because it won't get acknowledged until it is time for "paperwork". Don't bother having the ER call his office when you are there because they don't care. While the Dr may be nice, this office is too inconsistent to put your healthcare needs in the hands of them.

|  I'm impressed.  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2009

I thought that Dr. Armitano and his staff were very responsive and worked hard to help me. I'm sorry I waited so long to see him.

|  Your Time is Not inportant  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2008

Again, your time is Not important, very poor staff, the office manager is the worst I have seen.