Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Do Not Go Under this mans knife!  |  show details
by Charlotte Nicolet on May 28th, 2013

What was the most horrible experience of my life was waking up after surgery performed by Dr Erik Kohler. I could not walk. I could not recognize myself. My legs that were firm and I could walk prior to surgery by Dr Kohler. 10 1/2 hours later my legs were like jelly and I could not walk. My feet were like fire and then cold like an iceburg. The pain was unbearable. I wanted to die. I'm not the only one who ended up like this. James did too. He went under Kohler's knife for back surgery and woke up unable to use his arm. This man who goes by the name of Dr Kohler is a monster! I heard he was out of the state of Alaska. I cant believe he is still here. He is a monster! Do not go Under this man's knife! He mutilates and handicaps people. He is a BAD BAD BAD Dr. He is a MONSTER!

Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. ERIC KOHLER is a great doctor but not a god things can happen. When he was in Edmons wa. Wish he was still here. He spins a lot of time talking with ya not like some doctors do.I wish him well. Thanks doc.j williamson

May 2nd, 2012

Check how many of his patients have sued him for malpractice. He is a disaster in the operating room. Normal 6 hr procedures takes Kohler 11 hours--REALLY!!!He did surgery on my BFF and paralized her for life.

|  Tumor Removal  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

Just wanted to thank you. Had surgery back in 2006. Benign tumor. Was able to return to work about a year and a half later. Still taking Naproxen for headaches though. Too much stress still triggers but not so bad. Happy.My medical records indicate that I was able to return to work 1-3 months after surgery but I wasn't able to lift anything heavy or stress even a little bit without getting headaches for about a year and a half.Dr. Clawson, my family doctor is looking over my chart. The reason is because Social Security Disability is denying me. Went to ANMC to leave a message there but the front desk couldn't find you there.If not too much to ask; could you leave me a number or E-Mail at ja2669@hotmail.com? Or my cell phone is 907-720-3915.Thanks Dr. KohlerP.S. Again, thank you very much:)

|  Beware Dr. Kohler  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

As a result of an "accident" during surgery, I now have neuropathy in my feet and legs.

Mar 28th, 2011

I tell myself, I can still walk. This too will pass. Life is pain. Beware of doctor Kholer. Please reconsider, and get a second opinion if he recommends surgery. You never know how your going to wake up.

|  excellent  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

I haven't seen this doctor in Alaska, but he was my surgeon in WA before he moved. I can't say enough good about him and hope to move to Alaska to continue my care. he is awesome!

|  Compassion  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

I can't thank Dr. Kohler enough for what he has done for me! Many had lost hope in my recovery.. Dr kohler made it happen! Thank you VERY much for your help. R. Slater

May 29th, 2010

my husband has permanent damage thanks to Dr. Kohler....see someone else

|  The Best  |  show details
by Amy Moore on Feb 7th, 2010

He takes the time for EVERYONE!He care's about EVERYONE he see's.He WILL fine the problem and get it taken care of.He is the BEST!Anything to do with the Back / neck you have to see him!

|  Thanks Dr Kohler  |  show details
by Cynthia Keith, RN on Jan 20th, 2010

You really went out of your way and spent so much time in the OR with me (over 7.5 hours) to fix one heck of a messed up neck. Even the docs in the Lower 48 do not have a thing on you. Who would think that huge fusion would end up with no pain and I can still move my neck around enough to drive! Well... once, I got off the pain meds... Totally!I thank you and your staff for going the extra mile with me. I can now go back to taking care of others instead of being the patient that is not near as fun! :)Love you and your staff. Man you even help your employees better their education! That too seals the golden seal on your referral.

|  Surgery  |  show details
by Kathleen Fulwiler on Oct 4th, 2009

Dr. Kohler is the best. Surgery on my cervical spine was flawless. A very warm and caring physician. I am now needing lumbar surgery, but he is no longer available in my area (Seattle), unfortunately.

Sep 11th, 2009

Taking time to talk to patients is a major part of the diagnosis process. This doctor cares about his patients.

|  from edmonds wa  |  show details
by Denise young on Jun 29th, 2009

he's a great doctor I wish he was back in the lower 48 He did 4 of my surgeries great compassionate doctor you will ever meet could you send him back:) Denise