Dr. Erik Koon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 10 reviews

October 19th, 2016
Most Knowledgable, Caring and Compassionate Doctor
Dr. Koon has been treating my family member for the past several months -- hers has been a high risk cancer, but I don't think we could have made the decisions we were able to make without the caring, compassionate input for Dr. Koon -- I'm convinced that my family member is alive today because of his extraordinary expertise, his willingness to take on a difficult case, and his exceptional sensitivity and compassion.

October 13th, 2016
He operated without looking at my CT scans . It ended up 9 hours . The robotics became explore lap. Fixed my right kidney. Turned out I didn't have a right kidney. My cancer Stage from 1 became stage 4 after 8 months , because there was no chemo done, I had an aggressive kind. I complained pain... No CT scan was done 3 -6 months after my hysterectomy of stage 1 , grade 2 uterine cancer . I was one mess

February 26th, 2016
Above and Beyond
I live in Austin and after my diagnosis I was anxious to start my treatment. The Austin office didn't give me much hope of seeing me very soon so I requested an appointment at the Dallas Texas Oncology. My records were sent over on Wednesday and by Wednesday evening I received a phone call from Dr. Koon. He was concerned that my file might have been misdirected since I lived in Austin. I explained everything to him. He offered to talk with Dr. Teneriello in Austin and see what could be worked out. About 3 hours later at 9:30 pm, he called back and told me he had contacted Dr. T and he gave me the name and number to call in the morning. On Thursday morning I was given an appointment for the NEXT day with Dr. T. Then on Friday morning as I was waiting to see the doctor, Dr. Koon called me again to check to make sure if I had gotten in and assured me that he would treat me if I wanted to come to Dallas but reassured me that I would be in good hands in Austin. This is a doctor that went above and beyond to assist someone he did not know, long distance, and after hours. I wish I were in Dallas because I most certainly would be his patient! Words cannot express how I appreciate his help. Thank you Dr. Koon.

March 10th, 2015
Dr. Koon is incredible. He took what could have been an incredibly difficult experience and made me comfortable and confident. He was skilled, accurate, prepared, kind, compassionate, and very attentive. I recommend him without hesitation.

May 25th, 2014
Honorable Doctor
My first meeting with Dr Koon took away much of my fear of surgery. By the end of the meeting I found I trusted him completely. He was very thorough in his examination. My second meeting prior to surgery, also gave me confidence in him as I perceived a bold, yet reassuring person. The surgery was a long and difficult one, but there have been no complications. Dr Koon is a caring competent surgeon.

October 16th, 2013
Successful and Satisfied
Surgery is not on my list of most anticipated things to experience. Dr. Koon and his staff helped bring calm to a frantic situation. I highly recommend them!

September 18th, 2013
I just had my first appointment with Dr. Koon. I am single and came to the appointment alone. I was very nervous and anxious. He did not seem to pick up on my need for a compassionate discussion of my upcoming surgery. He was all business and very serious. When he discussed possible complications, he did not share the likelihood of these complications and I just got more worried. I am sure he is very knowledgeable and competent, but I was not impressed with his bedside manner.

September 11th, 2013
I am extremely thankful for being one of Dr. Koon's patients. I am certain he has given me the best care possible. He is gentle, kind, compassionate and professional. He listens to your concerns and cares about your well being. I would recommend him with a big thumbs up!

May 2nd, 2011
Saved my life - very compassionate and personable bedside manner.

September 12th, 2010
Can't say enough good things about Dr. Koon. I was sent to him after first doctor botched my cancer surgery; he came in and literally saved the day. I am forever grateful for the care provided by Dr. Koon and his staff.