Dr. Erik Kubiak MD Patient Reviews

4.7

January 4th, 2017
Thorough and an expert in his field.
Dr. Kubiak took his time discussing my rather complex situation and suggesting alternatives to handle it. I felt like he really cared, focused on my situation, honored my concerns, listened and created a plan that will hopefully work to reduce pain and give me the lifestyle that I desire.

December 2nd, 2016
I broke my left wrist (distal radius) when I was roller skating at Classic skating. Kubiak, now moved to las vegas, took great care and did my cast perfectly.

July 18th, 2016
Excellent orthopaedic surgeon! Definitely talented and gifted. He and Dr Horwitz saved my leg when others chose amputation! Forever grateful. Recommend him highly to others who need care.

February 1st, 2016
He is an awesome and brilliant surgeon.

April 20th, 2015
An accidental gum shot blew my left leg apart with a hollow point bullet. Two hospitals said they couldn't fix my leg. I was life flighted and referred to the University of Utah where Dr. Kubiak was my doctor. I have my leg and walking without crutches because of this man. The follow up visits have been great.

December 7th, 2014
He gave me a life back
I had much pain after my first hip surgery by a reputable surgeon. Pain got worse and worse. I couldn't lift my leg higher than a stair and had pain in my distal thigh...twofold issue. Dr. Kubiak performed my hip replacement surgery one year ago with great success. I can raise my leg as high as my other one AND my 3 yrs. of bad knee and back pain are completely gone. I was skeptical that I'd ever get a life back without pain. I'm almost 60 but felt 90. Now I'm young again, healthy, active and feel great. I tell everyone I know who needs surgery that to go to someone else would be a mistake. He's so knowledgeable and skilled. He's my answer to prayer. I love my life now thanks to him.

December 6th, 2014
He gave me a life back

December 9th, 2013
My doctor referred me to this particular doctor then it was a total surprise to the day I came in that I was scheduled with Dr. Kubiak without my knowledge that they had changed my appointment. Reluctantly, I accepted the appointment with Dr. Kubiak. My experiences with Dr. Kubiak had been disappointing as there was a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding of my condition as he left me feeling there was no hope as I would have to live the rest of my life in pain. I left the appointment in tears.

December 14th, 2010
Simply Exceptional Care
The hiking accident that found me in Dr. Kubiak's care was something I'd never experienced. It was only a broken leg but I felt scared, alone, panicked, and a strange sense of lonely fright. Even before the necessary x-rays were performed, I felt more at ease with his calm, professional manner. When the x-rays revealed spiral fractures in my tibia and fibula, Dr. Kubiak explained my options and told me what he thought was the best plan of action. I felt he was being truthful with me, so I agreed to surgery. Just the idea of surgery and having titanium parts in my leg forever really did freak me out. I am diabetic so I heal slowly and am prone to infection. I followed his advise during the recovery process as well. Taking antibiotics, blood thinners, and keeping my leg elevated for weeks was definitely not my idea of a good time but I didn't reject any of the parts and I didn't end up with any infection. Every person in his staff is amazing as well. I was always treated with patience and empathy, like I was part of a family. I am now seven months post-op and other than some minimal scarring, nobody would ever know half of my leg is made of metal. I jog, swim, hike, and dance. Hopefully I won't ever have to, but I would be hard-pressed to find a better surgeon and supporting staff. I recommend Dr. Kubiak and his staff to everyone I know.