A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Erik Michelfelder:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Erik Michelfelder, MD is board certified in Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Michelfelder graduated from Pennsylvania State University, Hershey. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Michelfelder has 20 hospital affiliations:
- St Elizabeth Medical Center Grant County
- University Hospital, Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Michelfelder accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Anthem - 10 plans
- Humana - 26 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 5 plans