Family Physicians, Internist

555 E Tachevah Dr
Suite 2W-203
The Movie Colony, Palm Springs, CA 92262
760-323-4272
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.7096774193548 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Grateful Family  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

Our mother was recently diagnosed with cancer and the doctor arranged for our entire family to sit down and discuss our options. He saw us on a Sunday morning and took his time to answer every question we had. Thank goodness for good doctors that are kind and know good medicine.

|  Office Staff the Best  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

I recently was diagnosed with a rare illness. This office was the only one they could advocate for me to get all my medical supplies. In fact due to my inability to drive one staff member went to the medical staff supply store and pharmacy to pick up my stuff and deliver to me.

|  The doctor himself is fine but the staff is the worst!  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2013

Dr Palmer is very nice and does a grat job but sadly I have never been treated so badly by what is suppose to be a professional office in my life. If I was Dr Palmer I would be so embarrassed to find that my patients where being treated so poorly by the office manager herself. I understand that it is not her job to make people happy but it is her job to make sure that the office is ran properly and that patients are treated with common human decency . Not only is she incredibly rude but she is also condacending and instead of trying to fix a mistake that the office has made she choices to hang up on you like a teenager throwing a temper tantrum. There are way to many doctors in our area with staff that can manage to be both efficient and curtious to waste your time here!

|  Super Impressed  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2013

I am a person with a very complicated diagnosis and Dr. Palmer was able to manage all my issues and also coordinate all my care. The staff was very helpful and kind. I am excited they are expanding into Cathedral City. What medicine needs is more doctors and offices like Desert Family Medical Center. They care and serve as patient advocates. I do not need to ask, they take it upon themselves to make my healthcare coordinate and also make sure my insurance covers my needs. Thank you for being in the desert. I was previously at Eisenhower Primary Care and they are a joke. The doctors are out of date and prescribed an out of date medication. Dr. Palmer is up to date and outgoing and made me feel at ease. None of that BS at Eisenhower and no extra fee for great care. I recommend everyone to come to this office.

|  Great All the Time  |  show details
by Since 2001 on Jul 24th, 2013

I have been with Dr. palmer since 2001. They have made more and more improvements. They have put in a Senior Hotline that allows people over 65 and their caretakers to by pass the main line. All my needs are met within 2 minutes. All calls answered within 3 minutes of ringing. Those of us that utilize the technology get fast results and help. The person that put int hat last comment must not be aware of all the perks that this office has for its patients.

|  Extremely disappointed  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2013

Beyond disappointed! His staff is incompetent! I have been trying to get a refill for ibuprofen for three days for my elderly parent, still no refill....really people? What if my parent was on a narcotic? He/she would be in withdrawal or possibly even have suffered a stroke by now.! I think he has way too many patients and is unable to handle all of them. His staff, however, should be able to pick up when it comes to refills, and they do not. If you read the reviews, it's the newer patients that are extremely satisfied, read some of the older reviews. And, of course, ultimately you will make your own decision.....just make sure to put in for refills days before you run out!! Perhaps even a week, or call every few hours. Not happy anymore. Moving on.

|  What medicine should be like  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2013

I recently established with Dr palmer!!! He actually cares and talks to you. He has a great bedside manner and his staff is incredible.

|  Incredible Doctor and Service  |  show details
May 21st, 2013

Wow!! I recently transferred to this office and I was told about a no fee VIP Program for Seniors. I called and someone picked up right away and answered my question not he spot. The doctor is one of the best I have been to!! Thank you for such a greta office. I will be referring to all my friends.

|  No Fee Concierge Doctor  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

I was recently with Eisenhower 365 and was disappointed with their false promises. Someone suggested Dr. Palmer and I have been nothing but happy and satisfied. He provides the highest level of service without any fee. He answered my phone call at 1 am in the morning! His staff is top notch and the office is always clean!!

|  The Best in the Valley  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2013

From start to finish this doctor and his office exemplify how medicine should be practiced. Clean office, friendly staff that knows your name, and highly trained and caring doctor. Modern electronic system that is accurate. Wait time of less than 10 minutes and by the time I got into my car after my visit, my labs orders and my prescription were already at my lab and pharmacy and ready for me.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

It still exists..A doctor that cares and an office that treats you like a family member!! Dr. Palmer and his staff are great!

Jun 2nd, 2012

I usually end up seeing the PA but I have been satisfied with the care they give. My big problem is the office staff.The hours available to make an appointment are ridiculous. They don't take any calls between 12-2pm, really!? I finally decided to find another doctor after trying to make an appointment all week and always put on hold immediately (once for 20 minutes). I tried 6 times in one day to make an appointment and finally gave up.Hire enough people to answer your phones, and stop taking new patients if you are that busy! I was told I needed an MRI, then no one followed up with a referral, then I could never get through on the phone to ask about it.

|  Great Doctor, HORRIBLE office staff  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

This has been my doctor for over five years, but after the way his front office staff treated me today I have changed to a different primary doctor. When I asked to speak to Dr. Palmer regarding the rude and disrespectful way I was being treated, I was told he was unavailable. When I asked if I could leave a message for him to call me back, Corina his office manager said I could leave a message if I like he would not call me back. I told her I was going to change doctors and she said that she suggested I do so. The girls in the front are extremely young, not much out of high school and have absolutely no professionalism or respect for the patients. I actually cried when I got off the phone because I love this doctor, but will not subject myself to that kind of abuse any longer.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

My wife recently passed away. Dr. Palmer personally came to our home to visit her on his own time when she was on hospice. D.r Palmer is an incredible doctor that is passionate about his work and his staff takes the time to make sure everything is taken care of. We are grateful that he chooses to be a doctor in the desert.

|  staff still inefficient  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

could not find test results due to young inefficient supposedly computer savy clerks!!!!! Dr. Palmers problem is his lack of training them and not following guidelines for a checklist.He doesn't listen to his patient and was very rude and disrespectful. Try again with a new staff.

|  Finally found a Good Doctor  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

I moved from Los Angeles and was accustomed to seeing my doctor that was staffed at Cedar Sinai. I am so impressed with the quality of care that Dr. Palmer and staff provides. 5 Star Doctor that cares and a staff that knows what they are doing!!!

|  Concierge Doctor Without the Fee  |  show details
May 1st, 2011

I agree with the last entry. I was with Eisenhower 365 for one year and was throughly disappointed. My doctor at Eisenhower did know when my mammogram, lab tests and vaccinations were due. There paperless system was constantly down and lost my previous records. I was referred to Dr. Palmer and DFMC by a good friend. He took his time and was thorough with my exam and his staff sent electronically all my labs and prescriptions within 5 minutes after my exam. Dr. Palmer is concierge medicine without the fee and his facility is run like a Swiss watch.

|  Better than 365 Eisenhower  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

I was previously with Eisenhower 365 and I transferred to Dr. Palmer's office. He is better trained than all the doctor's at Eisenhower and his staff is like first class airline! This office gives concierge service without the fee!!! Thank you!!!

|  Thank Goodness for Dr. Palmer  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

The lack of good physicians seem to be the prevalent problem in this desert. It seems that many of the doctors have gone concierge or are closed to new patients. As a new resident transplanted from the Pacific Northwest I needed a new doctor in town. Dr. Palmer came highly recommended and he is excellent He meshes modern technology with genuine concern and care for his patients. Thank goodness he still believes in accepting patients and takes Medicare Advantage Plan and Tricare. Very few doctors with such a high caliber of training are willing to do this. Dr. Palmer is the real deal!

Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Palmer, his staff and office set the "gold standard" for family medicine. His use of technology and his ability to diagnose is one of the best offices I have ever been to. I am someone that have had to receive a lot of medical care and I am surprised Dr. Palmer is not a concierge practice. He and his staff treat everyone first class. The wait time is so little, the staff and Dr. go out of their way to make sure that everything is thorough and completed in a timely fashion. Patient service seems to be a priority. I recommend this office!

Dec 9th, 2010

THE BEST DOCTOR IN THE VALLEY

|  New Office and Staff  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

Dr. Palmer is in a new location. When they moved, they replaced all of the employees. The new staff is great!

|  Happy  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2009

I HAVE BEEN SEEING DOCTOR PALMER AND MS. NGUYEN FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW. I AM HAPPY WITH THE THE CHANGES THAT THEY HAVE MADE CONCERNING THE OFFICE AND THE STAFF. THE OFFICE STAFF IS VERY KNOWLEDGALBE AND EQUALLY AS CURTIOUS.I HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS GETTING AN APPOINTMENT OR WAITING TO SEE MY PHYSICIAN. THE OVERALL EXPERIENCE IS A WONDERFLY WELCOMING AND REFRESHING ONE.

Sep 21st, 2009

Office staff.............NOT GOOD

May 7th, 2009

I have always seen the physicians assistent but she is great.

|  Desert Family Medical - Dr. Erik Palmer  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2009

It's been over a year and I've never been able to get an apppointment with Dr. Palmer. They always put me with the Physicians Asst. She seems to know her stuff and is good enough. The official deal breaker with this office is the front desk staff. They are seriously rude and disrespectful. They are rude both over the phone and in person. They have zero interest in you as a patient and therefor have zero interest in assisting you. Many times I have received a terrible attitude over the phone from "Deseree" and one other girl. In person, she is equally as rude - simply ignoring you while you stand at the front desk. If you attempt to get her attention she gives you a nasty glare and snaps at you! She has the attitude that she is doing you a huge favor to be talking to you. She rushes you, interrupts, talks to you like you are mentally retarded, and is simply a VERY unhappy person. If you search for other reviews on Dr. Palmer you will find the same thing written by many others. I have heard good things about Dr. Palmer. Again, I have never been able to get an appointment to see him because you have to book at least one month in advance. My family - mom, dad, and sister have been going to Dr. Palmer in Palm Springs for almost 10 years now. They like him, but cringe at his staff and how difficult they make everything! We are all now looking for a new Dr. This office will be losing 4 patients due to his office staff.