Family Physicians, Osteopath, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

4408 NW 36th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32606
(352) 672-6272
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  Best Practice in Town  |  show details
by Charles A Smith on Oct 20th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Erik Schabert since Fall of 2009. He has always been helpful, compassionate and has has provided me with the best care ANY doctor has ever given me. His vast knowledge and open mind has been instrumental to helping get me to a quality of life that far exceeds what I had before switching to him in 2009. When Dr. Schabert and Mika made the decision to open their own practice in 2011, I stayed with them through the transition, and I am so glad i did. Since Reliant Family Practice opened their doors in Summer of 2011, the level of care, professionalism, and access to different therapies provided in the office has been wonderful. From the adjustments that Dr. Schabert does (and does quite well), to well trained and experienced medical massage therapists and then Mika's skin therapy that has calmed my rosacea and cleared my complexion to a point not seen in decades! Even the support staff at Reliant are a sigh of relief after dealing with apathetic "customer service" people from other practices. You get a friendly greeting the minute you walk in the door and NEVER have a glass window shut in your face. The office itself is it's own character. Even though this is a clinical and professional office, if you accidentally walked into the lobby you'd think you just intruded in someone's home. The decor is above anything else ever seen before. While you wait for your appointment, you have soft music playing in the background and an electric fireplace adding to the ambiance. If you are searching for a new family doctor then you've gone to the wrong place if you didn't make an appointment at Reliant. This office has grown from four employees at the very beginning to eight and they have just about filled the office space available. Who knows where Mika and Dr. Schabert are going to take the office next, but it's bound to be awesome!

|  Dismissive, abusive, fraud  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2014

It's a shame his obvious wealth of knowledge is superseded by his total disregard of the patients, discounting any self-awareness they may possess about their own condition. He disregarded my claim that I had contracted an illness while traveling as "google hypochondria"...blood tests confirmed the infection. His wife Mika, the 'skin cancer specialist' he refers his patients to so they can bill thousands of dollars per visit ($2950 to be exact) to insurance for a 20 minute facial and some passive aggressive abuse on the side, is completely unprofessional, rude, abusive, chronically late, and also a fraud. Stay away from this place, they are charlatans abusing their power.

|  I would not recommend this doctor....  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2013

I would not recommend anyone going to him. My mother went in there for some blood test for Graves about 2 months ago. Dr. Schabert has still not gotten back to us. My mother called the office and the nurse told her she did not have Graves whatsoever. THANK GOD we have a doctor in the family......We later found out that day my mom did in fact have Graves and a very rare eye condition from Graves. My mom has already been to see 3 other doctors to try and get the problem situated. Now let me remind you he still has not gotten back to her.....I am furious!!!! If you have a serious problem I would not recommend going to him...

|  Breach of confidentiality  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2013

When I was there, Dr. Schabert's wife (who is a dermatologist in the same building) started thumbing through my file at the front desk when i was checking in. She started asking me about how my condition was looked at the meds i was prescribed. She then gave me completely unsolicited advice about my skin and what I could do to improve it. It was completely inappropriate and a total violation of my privacy.

|  Excellent Doctor!!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Schabert is one of the best doctors I have found in a long, long time. He has an excellent bed side manner. He is easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable. He speaks to you like a regular person and explains medical terminology in a way that is easy to understand. My husband and I are both long term pain patients and even though he doesn't treat us for that, he doesn't look down on us or treat us differently because of it.His staff is top notch also. They have never been anything but kind and helpful to us. They even work with us on Billing when we need it. I hope we will be life long patients of his. I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Schabert our his staff. They always help us and make us feel welcome.

|  show details
by Nina on May 2nd, 2011

He is awesome! He new how much pain I was having by a physical exam. I was so shocked since he was the doctor at the EMC-I assumed he was a General Practioner. However, upon reviewing this doctors credentials and specialties (neromuscleskeletal) I knew I had seen a the perfect doctor for my injury. He continued to work with me while I worked out all the red tape involved with my out of state Workers Compensation.