Dr. Erik Schoenberg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

April 17th, 2015
Recommend Dr. Schoenberg. Explained my problem and was courteous. Would return.

July 29th, 2014
Bad experience
Saw this 'doctor' at Zoom Care. I was reluctant to see any doctor at a place called 'Zoom Care' but many reviews looked OK. However, I didn't look at reviews for Schoenberg before making an appointment. I was in pain with hearing loss and I was a little frightened because I have never experienced any ear problems before. He proceeded to do a quick exam and then, while humiliating me for having my issue in the first place, he tried to treat me, hurt me a lot, stopped the treatment and made me feel bad for hurting so much. I went to another ENT the next day who made me feel good about myself for coming in, was able to treat me without any pain, gave me an explanation of what caused my problem and how to prevent it in the future. Schoenberg was one step away from a formal complaint but that would be even more time wasted.

July 29th, 2014
See someone else!
I will agree with most of the reviewers. He caused me pain without compassion, did not explain why he could not finish the treatment. he scolded me for having to see him as if I did 'something wrong' because for the first time in my life, I had to see an ear doctor. Basically, he is a jerk.

May 4th, 2014
a waste of time
I waited for three weeks to see this doctor for recurring and persistent ear infections. He asked me questions and would not believe my answers. He ordered expensive tests but could not tell me why and performed a painful procedure that did not help in the slightest. He left me with more questions than answers. I'll go to someone else, who might actually have time to talk to me and not hurt me!

January 3rd, 2014
Unhappy patient experience
At my first visit with the doctor he stuck a tube down my nose and didn't bother to tell me what he was doing before hand or why he was doing it. It was a very uncomfortable and scary experience. When I tried to ask questions about my condition he was very abrupt with his answers and seemed irritated that I was asking them. I left feeling stupid for asking questions. On my second visit he told me I needed surgery and didn't bother explaining why I needed it. Again I tried to ask questions and received one word answers. That visit lasted less than 5 minutes. Needless to say I cancelled the surgery and went to a different provider. Don't waste your time with this doctor if you want to be involved in your health decisions or if you want to be informed about your condition.

October 12th, 2013
Terrible doctor
Avoid this doctor at all costs. He misdiagnosed me and did not understand that the symptoms I had indicated a serious brain issue.