Dr. Erik Spayde, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 28th, 2015

Wait time averages over an hour before you make it to an exam room where you wait another 30 minutes.

by Fred Bysshe on Sep 10th, 2015

Dr. Spayde is an extraordinary surgeon. I had a 5 level fusion (L1-S1) performed by Dr. Spayde 18 months ago and obtained excellent results.

by Allyn R. on Jul 7th, 2015

Dr Spayde did disc clean up surgery on my lower back which made a huge improvement in my quality of life. About 3 years later Dr Spayde did a spinal fusion surgery of L-1, L-2 and S-1 using donor bone. Tough surgery and recovery, but my outcome was great. Dr Spayde is a talented surgeon, intelligent, very caring and personable.

Jun 9th, 2013

Dr. Spayde helped me walk again. I had been suffering from back pain and my primary care doctor had gotten lower back xrays and even an MRI. But, until I saw Dr. Spayde no one had checked my upper back. I had seen several other neurosurgeons and gone to UCLA and Cedars. I became wheelchair bound. Finally I saw Dr. Spayde and he discovered a tumor growing in my vertebrae in the thoracic spine which was pinching my spinal cord. He did surgery the next day and six months later I am walking! Dr. Spayde gave me my life back.

The doctor that other doctors go to... show details The doctor that other doctors go to...
May 10th, 2013

...that is Dr. Spayde. I work in the medical field myself and am very familiar with the well deserved EXCELLENT reputation that Dr. Spayde has earned in the medical community. He is thorough, caring and most importantly has a proven track record of diagnostic and clinical success. I am one of many happy patients who have him to thank for giving me my quality of life back.

Best in the business at what he does show details Best in the business at what he does
by Mary Hyatt on Sep 20th, 2012

Amazing bedside manner and communicator (especially for a surgeon)! Wonderful doctor, have nothing but great things to say about him.

Jun 6th, 2012

no pain after 40 years of spine pain.He is very concerned with fixing a problem with my spine and is following up on a new problem.It was a real blessing to find not only a very caring doctor, but one who really knows his specialty

Two thumbs way up. show details Two thumbs way up.
Apr 16th, 2012

I have just returned from a three mile hike on one of Wildwood Parks more challenging trails. Completed it in about one and a half hours. This may seem unremarkable to many readers, but consider the fact that a scant 9 weeks ago I couldn't stand erect or walk for more than 5 minutes without losing all feeling in my feet and legs. Like most men, I ignored my condition in the hope that it would "just go away on it's own." I have found this rarely happens. After getting a glowing recommendation from several people (mainly my wife) I finally went to see Dr. Spayde. After looking at xrays and MRI results, he diagnosed the problem,set a date to repair the damage, and the rest is history. I am indebted to the doctor, his staff, and everyone at TOHS for in effect giving me my life back. I have nothing but good memories of the whole experience, which may sound odd, but believe me, I have heard some horror stories about back surgery. Dr. Spayde and everyone in his office was professional, yet not too stuffy or formal. This is a major plus for putting people at ease. I was kind of stressed out about having a hardware store installed in my spine, but it worked. Thank you Dr. Spayde.

Fantastic surgeon! show details Fantastic surgeon!
May 18th, 2011

Dr Spayde is a caring and compassionate doctor. He performed a very complex procedure on a family member. His outcomes are remarkable.

Excellent Spine Surgeon show details Excellent Spine Surgeon
Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Spayde is a very caring and conscientious doctor. I have only great things to say about him and would recommend him over and over again.