Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

2100 Lynn Rd
Ste 115
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
805-379-2322
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 9th, 2013

Dr. Spayde helped me walk again. I had been suffering from back pain and my primary care doctor had gotten lower back xrays and even an MRI. But, until I saw Dr. Spayde no one had checked my upper back. I had seen several other neurosurgeons and gone to UCLA and Cedars. I became wheelchair bound. Finally I saw Dr. Spayde and he discovered a tumor growing in my vertebrae in the thoracic spine which was pinching my spinal cord. He did surgery the next day and six months later I am walking! Dr. Spayde gave me my life back.

|  The doctor that other doctors go to...  |  show details
May 10th, 2013

...that is Dr. Spayde. I work in the medical field myself and am very familiar with the well deserved EXCELLENT reputation that Dr. Spayde has earned in the medical community. He is thorough, caring and most importantly has a proven track record of diagnostic and clinical success. I am one of many happy patients who have him to thank for giving me my quality of life back.

|  Best in the business at what he does  |  show details
by Mary Hyatt on Sep 20th, 2012

Amazing bedside manner and communicator (especially for a surgeon)! Wonderful doctor, have nothing but great things to say about him.

|  Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Very personable and great bed side manner unusual for surgeons. He really listens and doesn't pressure you to immediately have surgery as your answer to all questions.Great follow up care.Ask tons of questions about life after surgery and recovery. I don't think people really have any idea what to expect or what life will actually be like after major surgery like this.

|  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

no pain after 40 years of spine pain.He is very concerned with fixing a problem with my spine and is following up on a new problem.It was a real blessing to find not only a very caring doctor, but one who really knows his specialty

|  Two thumbs way up.  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I have just returned from a three mile hike on one of Wildwood Parks more challenging trails. Completed it in about one and a half hours. This may seem unremarkable to many readers, but consider the fact that a scant 9 weeks ago I couldn't stand erect or walk for more than 5 minutes without losing all feeling in my feet and legs. Like most men, I ignored my condition in the hope that it would "just go away on it's own." I have found this rarely happens. After getting a glowing recommendation from several people (mainly my wife) I finally went to see Dr. Spayde. After looking at xrays and MRI results, he diagnosed the problem,set a date to repair the damage, and the rest is history. I am indebted to the doctor, his staff, and everyone at TOHS for in effect giving me my life back. I have nothing but good memories of the whole experience, which may sound odd, but believe me, I have heard some horror stories about back surgery. Dr. Spayde and everyone in his office was professional, yet not too stuffy or formal. This is a major plus for putting people at ease. I was kind of stressed out about having a hardware store installed in my spine, but it worked. Thank you Dr. Spayde.

|  BEST doctor appointment ever!  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

My son injured his back during his work and needed to go through Workman's Comp. (who first sent him to a knee/shoulder specialist three weeks after his injury) He heard about Dr. Spayde and insisted that W/Comp let him be seen by Dr. Spayde. My son said that everyone in Dr. Spayde's office treated him with kindness, interest, and respect. He feels that his back and recovery are now in the kind of care he can heal the fastest. He said that this appointment and staff were the best he's ever experienced his whole life (he's 27).

|  Fantastic surgeon!  |  show details
May 18th, 2011

Dr Spayde is a caring and compassionate doctor. He performed a very complex procedure on a family member. His outcomes are remarkable.

|  past experience with erik spayde, m.d.  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

I had a C-spine surgery at UCLA in 2007 which left me with serious dysphasia innability to swallow), a serious complication of c-spine surgery, and pain and swelling for 6 months....The surgeon...Dr. Duncan McBride (surgeon at UCLA)lied to me over and over again as to the cause of my inability to eat and swallow. He lied to me and blew me off, implying it was in my head...an arrogant thing! Then I went to Dr. Spayde, to look for some answers to my pain and problems following the horrible UCLA experience. When Dr. Spayde reviewed a post surgical X-ray he immediately diagnosed the problem...UCLA put in a BOMBASTIC huge convex plate and screws in my throat to graft the cadaver implant. It was bulging into my esophagus any time I would try to swallow plus the swelling was interfering with my epiglottis to close off so I was aspirating! I had to wait for the bone to graft for months....then Dr. Spayde and Dr. Degrange (assisting) removed the Bombastic garbage from ny throat and viola....I was able to eat a chicken breast and veggies, later that very day of surgery. Dr.Spayde was extremely comforting and supportive to me through those months of waiting until the garbage was removed from my throat that UCLA put in me. And Dr. Spayed literally saved my life...and thanks to Dr. DeGrange as well.....they were very kind to me and professionsl and competent. DO NOT GO TO UCLA FOR ANY SPINE SURGERY. I heard many patients howling in pain...and saw horror on the floor I was on....UCLA caused 8 D.V.T.s in my arm from a pic line being improperly inserted so I could be tube fed. I would recommend Dr. Eric Spayde.

|  Excellent Spine Surgeon  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Spayde is a very caring and conscientious doctor. I have only great things to say about him and would recommend him over and over again.