Dr. Erika Blank MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 4 reviews

February 20th, 2017
Dr. Blank was a good Dr. in the past. It appears that she has become less caring and more cynical. During office visits she sits in front of her PC with her back facing you while she asks questions which makes for an uncomfortable visit. She seems to discourage routine tests such as" your cholesterol was great 8 years ago I would not recommend getting it tested until you hit your mid forties". I requested a referral to a non-core Dr. who I had seen in the past and whom I have an excellent relationship. She refused and would only refer me to a Core Doctor, which was a disaster. I do not feel like this Dr. involves you in health care decisions. I have had not had a good experience with her nurse either.

January 27th, 2017
I am looking for a new primary care Dr.

September 24th, 2016
Former Patient
Dr Blank was by far the worst doctor I have had in a long time. Her demeanor is one of someone who hates her job. I was called to "a visit" because of renewal on a medication. When I showed up I was told she had no time to discuss any of my other concerns. Recent Cardio test, a troubling growing misshapen "spot" , and since I and my insurance were paying for the visit , I felt I needed to discuss my concerns. She was not happy to take any time for this and tension in the room was palatable .Since this visit I have had a surgeon send me back to her because he had serious concerns about my health... I called twice and got no contact with the doc. Messages we left. 3 weeks later I called to be told she suggest I see a specialist. HMMM. I think of her as an "insurance agent" since all she seemed pass me forward to Specialist. No visit no personal interaction , nothing to indicate she actually knew what was going on with my health. I have a very good insurance so ??? Now I know . Wish someone had been honest about her when I was reading reviews. I have heard this is a pattern and I am not alone . Health care is tough but a doctor needs to be considerate and caring and at least informed about her patients. Changed providers ..good for me and I am sure for her...one less .

March 7th, 2014
Patient
Very thorough.Quiet serious demeanor,only because she's actually listening to you! I feel very fortunate to have her as my physcician.