Dr. Erin Obrien MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Lake In The Hills, IL

July 6th, 2015
We've been with Dr. O'Brien for almost ten years. She's wonderful!

January 19th, 2015
It has been a while since I visited the office, but I have to write a review about this office because I don't want anyone else to have the same experience I did. I actually had an interview with the doctor before I brought my daughter to the practice and liked her very much. That was, however, the last I saw of her. I went to the office several times over the course of three months and saw three different nurse practitioners. I have no problem with that, but they seemed very rushed, and when they didn't know the answers to my questions they would just tell me something that I know is false. I felt like I was annoying them by asking questions. All in all, I'm not sure how bad the problem is as I'm sure that they try very hard. However, when I left this practice and took my infant daughter to another pediatrician they diagnosed two separate problems that she had had for months (the whole time that we were going to the Lake In the Hills practice) and had her well again for the first time in almost a year. So, I feel like the nurse practitioners rushed too much and didn't allow the time for me to ask the questions that would have helped them to help her.

October 8th, 2014
not willing to go the extra mile
I agree with the recent NP review, visits were not very informative. My biggest issue is a request to provide a vaccine in separate doses (which CDC recommends for age of my children) and they refused saying to expensive for them. Not looking out for patient, looking out for their pockets! We switched! Rating is for overall practice and staff, not soley Dr. Obrien.

October 8th, 2013
I love this practice! I ALWAYS am told who my appointment is with when I make my appointment (I usually forget which one by the time I come in, but EVERYONE is great so it really doesn't matter). The nurses are great & call to check on my children a few days after I call with questions when they are sick. Plus when I actually need to come in for a sick visit I feel like everyone know who I am & who my kids are, etc. It's really comforting to still find that personal touch in such an impersonal age! I am so glad I switched with these docs when they moved out of Crystal Lake/Barrington, it was definately worth it as they always seem to go the extra mile for you. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else especially when it comes to the benefit of my children!!

August 26th, 2013
Won't be returning
New patient visit. First visit to this office was not told when I made the appointment that it was with the nurse practitioner. Nurse practitioner could not answer a question about a vaccination, made no attempt to get the answer and asked our 3 year old questions that were not age appropriate. At no point during the appointment did either doctor stop in to introduce themselves. Time to leave, office staff glared at us from behind desk obviously aware of my question they felt I should not have asked. Stood there for 2 minutes waiting to be checked out - finally asked if we needed to do anything else, response was "no, you are done". We will not be returning - have found a wonderful pediatrician in Crystal Lake.

November 11th, 2011
I would reccomend this practice to anyone!!
Both Dr Jaden and Dr. O'Brien are great. They take a lot time to answer all of your questions. They never make you feel stupid or like a paranoid parent. They have great personalities and my son loves them! Nurse Nina has a gift for not making my son cry when he has to have his shots! i dont know how she does it, but she does! They also schedule sick visits apart from well visits! Love this! And I can always get an appointment if he really needs to be seen the same day!

September 27th, 2011
I would recomend Dr. O'Brien to everyone with kids
I think Dr. O'Brien is an fantastic pediatrician. I trust her completely and she is fantastic with my two sons. She is caring and honest and helpful. She listens to all your questions and concersn. I also like that she is a mother as well as it helps to know that she knows exactly what I am going through. I love her personality and the way she goes about everything. She does not sugar coat anything, but also speaks to you like you are a person and even though she is a dr- she always treats you like an equal. She is very practical in her approach. I cannot speak highly enough of her and I appreciate that she does not judge for the decisions that I made with my sons. For example- breastfeeding was not going well for me and instead of pressuring me she fully supported my decision to stop since it was what was best for me and my family. That does not mean she does not think its a good idea, but for me and my family- she fully upported my decision to stop. That meant the world to me when I felt like I was disppointing everyone. She is awesome!!!!

September 15th, 2010
Couldn't ask for a better doctor
This staff is great. We never have to wait very long. Dr. O'Brien always takes her time with us and answers all our questions. The nurses are very comforting and informative. The off times I have called I get a call back immediately. I couldn't ask for a better doctor and medical staff.

February 24th, 2010
Dr. O'Brien is great!
I feel confident in her ability. She has a great bedside manner and does not exhibit the "arrogance" others doctors do. She takes her time with patients. She is very kind, professional, and likable. I can always get in quickly if i need to make an appointment. Staff is great too and answers questions quickly.