Dr. Erin Stoehr DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 5th, 2016
Not friendly and staff unprofessional
Would not recommend Dr. Stoehr. She is not friendly and her staff is rude.

December 21st, 2015
Wheeling hospital will not provide you OB delivery services if you do not chose Erin Stoehr as your doctor
I went to Dr. Stoehr's office to begin with when I found out that I was pregnant. I was not impressed at first visit, but figured I'd give it more time to be fair. Well, the second appointment I had (where I did not even see the doctor)... I waited for over 45 minutes to be seen (as I did for the first appointment). Then, I went for my 3rd appointment, and I, again, waited over 45 minutes just to be taken back. Then... there was miscommunication about what tests/Ultrasound that was to be done. I was frustrated but continued to wait while they worked it all out. Then, it was over an hour and my husband and I had to leave. We had to get back to work and knew that if we hadn't even been seen and Dr. Stoehr hadn't even talked to us by this point.. there was no way we could make it back. It is early on in my pregnancy, so I do not want to tell my work of this information just yet. I went up to the receptionist's desk and told them we had to leave, and would call to reschedule. Dr. Stoehr even watched me from behind the glass windows walking out... she could get up for that, but did not bother to talk to me the entire time there. Then, she didn't follow me out to ask what was wrong or call or anything... Which is fine, I mean... I did tell the receptionist that I would reschedule. Anyways, I thought more about it after leaving and just did not feel comfortable there... I called a few other Dr.'s at Wheeling Hospital to see if they were taking new patients, and they were. I made an appointment with a different doctor there (I wont mention name, because this isn't his fault he had to cancel me).. but anyways, his office called me back to inform me that I could not be seen by him nor any other Wheeling Hospital OB/GYN because Dr. Erin Stoehr "fired" me as a patient and did not feel comfortable being my doctor if she was the one on call the day I deliver. (All OB/GYN's there share on-call duties i guess). Though, I was clearly advised from the very beginning that Dr. Stoehr was NOT affiliated with Wheeling Hospital. This other doctor's office proceeded to inform me that none of the Wheeling Hospital OB/GYN staff would take me as a patient because Dr. Stoehr refused. She felt "uncomfortable" with me. I did not even speak to Dr. Stoehr when I was at the office!!! No idea how she felt uncomfortable with me! She probably couldn't even recognize me! Needless to say, onto bigger and better things and more professional Doctors at that matter. Wheeling Hospital is doing itself an extreme injustice by continuing to allow Dr. Stoehr to have delivery rights at that hospital and share in the rotation with the other doctors there. She will "Fire" you as a patient if you go to her and she does not like you. Or... if you decide it's just not a good fit for you, you better not call another office at Wheeling Hospital... Dr. Stoehr will prevent you from being seen there! Legally I will be looking into this more, but does not seem right! DEFINITELY do NOT go to her as a new patient!!

September 16th, 2015
Thankfully I already had all my children before I visited her. She seems to be a good doctor, but she did not spend time with me(4 mins )and (6 mins) and she has a lousy bedside manner. Her staff is rude and difficult to deal with.

August 10th, 2015
Mixed Feelings
When I first went to Dr. Stoehr, I thought she was wonderful. She took her time and seemed interested in me as a person and a patient. Now that she has children of her own, she no longer seems interested in me and my problems. I guess if you are not pregnant, you do not matter to her. The staff has always been polite to me, but Dr. Stoehr seems uninterested in me.

June 19th, 2015
Terrible experience
Very angry and unpleasant (4 out of 4 appointments). Waited an average of 70 minutes past scheduled appointment times. Receptionist had our phone number and address wrong on 3 different occasions ('because she is new'), didn't receive first bill until it was past due. Refused to transfer records when we switched doctors. Dr. Stoehr's tone, inflection, volume, expressions, and demeanor makes her seem as if she dislikes her career and/or people in general.

February 25th, 2015
Fantastic dcotor
Has a doctor ever held your hand as you were about to undergo a physically and mentally anguishing surgical procedure. Dr. Stoehr did that for me when I underwent a total hysterectomy at age 31. I will never forget that. She has guided me flawlessly through many, many female health issues as well as two unusually difficult pregnancies. Her approach was thorough, knowledgable, and most of all caring. When I needed a drug that I simply could not afford, she fought the insurance company and the pharmaceutical reps personally to ensure I received it. I personally overheard her communicate how much I was suffering and how the medication was needed. I recently inquired about switching my hormone replacement therapy to bioidentical hormone therapy, and Dr. Stoehr listened to and supported my decision. I truly appreciate that. Among my myriad of symptoms, she never once made me feel that they were all in my head; I cannot say that about my other doctors (and I have many due to my autoimmune diseases). I highly recommend her.

January 28th, 2015
No regrets!
I changed from a long time OB-GYN to Dr. Stoehr. I've do not regret it!

October 3rd, 2014
Terrified me through both pregnancies. While I like being overly cautious instead of under, it just felt like she was unprepared for anything other than text book deliveries. Felt like staff was patronizing and they were amused by my questions and concerns with my pregnancies. Looking back, I wish I would have had Dr. Bala as my doctor. He filled in a few times for her and was fantastic

April 30th, 2013
sue k
very cold and in a hurry her child knocking on door while with me staff rude and impersonal

October 19th, 2011
The staff is unfriendly and dr has a blah bedside mamner