A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Erle Austin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Erle Austin is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Austin
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Austin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Erle Austin, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Transplantation
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Ventricular Septal Defects
Education & Awards
Dr. Austin graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Austin has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Baptist Hospital East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Erle Harris Austin MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Erle H. Austin practice?
- Dr. Erle Austin has 1 office location.
Dr. Erle Austin practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Congenital Cardiac Surgery near Louisville, KY.
See Louisville Surgeons and Louisville Cardiothoracic Surgeons.