A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ernest Amegashie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ernest Amegashie is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ernest Amegashie, FACC, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Holter monitoring
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Amegashie graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Amegashie has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Amegashie accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans