I give a perfect rating to Dr. Chiu show details I give a perfect rating to Dr. Chiu
by Susana Caparros on Jun 22nd, 2015

I have nothing but praises for Dr. Chiu; he is not only a very talented, super intelligent doctor but he loves his profession and his talents are perfectly matched for his specialty. When we were sent to him I had no idea how he was going to help cover my mother's wound, which was sizable for her small nose (which was beautiful) but he succeeded and she is doing very well healing and when all is done you will barely be able to see anything. His manner is so compassionate and caring I fully recommend anyone that needs plastic surgery or wound closure to consult with Dr. Chiu.

The BEST doctor!!! Just wish his PA was as good!!! show details The BEST doctor!!! Just wish his PA was as good!!!
by Diana G. on May 26th, 2015

Dr. Chiu is absolutely the best wound care specialist. He is extremely knowledgeable and is extremely empathetic and compassionate. He is very attentive, he spends adequate time with the patient, and he does not merely settle on the easier approach, he really thinks it through and finds the best possible strategy for the individual patient. Now, having said that, his PA Lisa, is terrible in my experience. I am so disappointed in the way I was treated, like I crawled in from the street and was begging her for food. She was dismissive, patronizing, and extremely disrespectful. She took it upon herself to go over Dr. Chieu and order a procedure that was too early to start. That was incompetent and unprofessional, and if you are reading this and you are planning on going for a visit with Dr. Chiu, please just remember to make sure to ask him to keep her away from you. This PA is only nice during the very first visit, then she feels entitled to treat patients like they are garbage. So uncharacteristic for Dr. Chiu's practice -- he is totally the opposite. There is also a front desk receptionist, Mindy, who is a sweetheart. She really works hard to and makes sure that the patient is ok, that everything is scheduled, that referals are all good, finds a doctor when Dr, Chiu sends to another specialist, she is very knowledgeable and efficient in her job. Love people like that, not to mention extremely grateful for their professionalism. Maybe Dr. Chiu should open his own office with Mindy as a receptionist -- they'll have a line going 17 times around the block. LOL. Really great doc, really great receptionist, and while i haven't encountered many others, the ones that I did were quite disappointing. Dr. Chiu makes up for that 10-fold.

May 21st, 2015

Dr. Ernie Chiu was friendly, his staff was great, and he was an expert in his work. Highly recommended.

by Nadine McLaughlin on Mar 26th, 2015

Excellent medical care and courteous staff.

5 star recommendation show details 5 star recommendation
by Debi H on Mar 24th, 2015

Despite having a very busy practice, Dr Chiu has always made himself available to answer any of my questions. He is knowledge and caring - treating the whole person, not just the medical issue. I don't think anyone can ask for better qualtlies in a physican.

by Nanci J Allen on Mar 21st, 2015

Dr. Chiu is professional, articulate and experienced. Yet, he made me feel as if I was a special patient and always had time to answer all my questions. He also has a "heart" and tries to understand how the treatment schedules work for YOU! I feel confident giving him the highest rating possible.

Incredible Doctor & Staff!! show details Incredible Doctor & Staff!!
by Joseph R. on Jan 28th, 2014

I’ve been a patient of Dr. Chiu for just over a year and currently recovering from my 2nd surgery (Hidradenitis Suppurativa) performed by Dr. Chiu. I’ve seen 20 plastic surgeons in the NYC/LI region and chose Dr. Chiu. From making that first initial appointment thru the whole surgical process I couldn’t be happier that I chose Dr. Chiu! Dr. Chiu along with his incredible staff are the most compassionate medical professionals that I have ever encountered, they honestly make you feel like family! I have received calls from Dr. Chiu himself checking on my condition always reminding me to call if I ever have a problem. I highly recommend Dr. Ernest Chiu! Thank You!

OUTSTANDING show details OUTSTANDING
by Seth K on Oct 29th, 2013

I am a physician in New York myself. Dr. Chiu is tremendous: I sent my father to his office for a wound care problem others were not effective in addressing. Dr. Chiu understood the fundamentals of the issue better than other plastic surgeons we saw and was able to put my father's problem on the road to a solution immediately. In addition to the results, he is unusually personable and a pleasure to deal with. I feel fortunate to have chosen him to see my father and he is most highly recommended to others.

Thank you Dr. Chiu show details Thank you Dr. Chiu
by Osman C. on Apr 3rd, 2013

Very fortunate to have found Dr. Chiu to perform a lipoma removal from my forehead. Being a facial cosmetic procedure, I was worried about potential scarring or complications. Dr. Chiu was more than helpful to make me feel comfortable about my options and the procedure. Furthermore, I've never had a doctor personally follow-up with me multiple times to check on my recovery. Great overall experience, highly recommended. Thanks again!

Thank You Dr. Chiu! show details Thank You Dr. Chiu!
Mar 22nd, 2013

I feel very privileged to have Dr. Chiu provide care for me. He is the Director of the NYU Kimmel Wound Center and is a wonderful professional clinician who cares. They are very fortunate to recruit this brilliant doctor to New York. My long-time personal Manhattan physicians are amazed with my recovery and healing. He saved my life and I will forever be grateful to this extraordinary person.

Thankful Patient show details Thankful Patient
Sep 5th, 2012

Very fortunate to have Dr. Chiu see me for my non-healing surgical wound. He's the new Director of the NYU Langone Wound Center in Manhattan. Very knowledgeable, great bedside manners, A staff. With a little magic from his team, the wound healed beautifully with minimal scarring. Easy to understand why he had such favorable reviews in New Orleans.

Great Plastic Surgeon show details Great Plastic Surgeon
Jul 12th, 2012

Just heard Dr. Chiu has departed for New York City. Very sad to hear this because he is will be greatly missed in our town. Patient, attentive, great bedside manners. My DIEP breast reconstruction turned out spectacular and I feel complete again. Thanks and good luck Dr. Chiu!

Impressed! show details Impressed!
Apr 10th, 2012

Dr. Chiu is clearly the best Mohs Reconstructive Surgeon! Despite being very busy, he was patient, humble, and explained how he was planning to restore my distorted nose back to its original shape and form. Couldn't be happier with his remarkable work! You'll receive the best care available!

A Plastic Surgeon show details A Plastic Surgeon
Jul 7th, 2011

Despite the inadequacy of Tulane, I was thoroughly impressed and convinced Dr. Chiu was the right plastic surgeon to do my breast surgery. He has outstanding bedside manners, answered all my questions, and technically superb. No problem too big or small. My friends who have seen him for facial surgery concur. Dr. Chiu has been flying under the radar in New Orleans, but things will change once the word gets out. See him if you can!

Thank you Dr. Chiu!!!!!!!!!!! show details Thank you Dr. Chiu!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 10th, 2011

Thanks to Dr. Chiu this is the first time since I was young that I have been able to lay on my back to sleep. I went into surgery with a headache and have not had one since. All of my life i had a hump on my neck and no one would do anything about it. At the age of 30 the hump had gotten so big I would not wear my hair up because people would ask about it. Thank you Dr. Chiu for taking the lipoma out. It has given me my confidence back!!!!!

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Chiu gave me hope again after I was diagnosed with breast cancer requiring radiation therapy. After I was noted to be disease free, I did my research to find the best plastic surgeon around Watercolor/Destin FL area. Eventually, a clinician recommended I travel to New Orleans to see him at Tulane. Dr. Chiu is an internationally known plastic surgeon focusing on facial reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, but he is also has tremendous experience in breast surgery w MSKCC training. Dr. Chiu used tissue from my abdomen, and created a natural appearing, textured breast. I feel complete again thanks to this masterful surgeon. Most importantly he is humble, patient, soft-spoken, compassionate, and always available to ease my concerns. He did my blepharoplasty recently. Unbelievable work! My friends have scheduled surgery, too. Thanks Dr. Chiu!

Happy Otoplasty Patient show details Happy Otoplasty Patient
Dec 8th, 2010

Our 12 y.o. daughter had otoplasty by Dr. Chiu at Children's Hospital. We were thrilled with the results and patient care! She is now a confident teenager whose outlook in life will be changed forever! Couldn't have found a more qualified and outstanding plastic surgeon.

Happy Blepharoplasty Patient show details Happy Blepharoplasty Patient
Nov 15th, 2010

Dr. Chiu is awesome! Comes highly recommended from M.D. friends in New York and Palo Alto. He clinically diagnosed my problem, answered all my questions/concerns, performed surgery effortlessly, made recovery go smoothly. Always available. No problem too big or small. Thank you so much for making me feel whole again. He's the best!

Terrific Plastic Surgery show details Terrific Plastic Surgery
by Katarina G on May 26th, 2010

Thank you Dr. Chiu for doing outstanding job on my breast reconstruction after cancer diagnosis. I'm very lucky to have you as my reconstructive surgeon. You have incredible aesthetic eye, and made me feel compete again. My friends concur and are all coming soon! Katarina G.

Thrilled Aesthetic Patient show details Thrilled Aesthetic Patient
Apr 19th, 2010

Dr. Chiu did great job with my eye bags and lids! My husband and friends think I look awesome. He is hunble, detailed oriented and technically mangificent. We had lengthy discussions about what to expect and he answered all my questions and concerns. He is a caring clinician (he is always available chat 24/7). Dr Chiu trained w the best plastic surgeons in NYC (did my own research), and is easiily one of the best plastic surgeons around. Same procedure elsewhere would cost significantly more. Tulane is difficult to navigate but worth the extra effort!

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
Apr 10th, 2010

Outstanding plastic surgeon with incredible qualifications. Fortunate to have in New Orleans.