Dr. Ernest Martin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3
  • 12 reviews

August 11th, 2016
Astounded by his Knowledge
Let me start off with, I am amazed by the fact that in ten minutes Dr. Martin knew exactly what meds to add to my regiment and what to remove with marked improvement. I have seen about 7 doctors(due to military and separation relocation) in the last two years. All of them knew bipolar disorder ran in my family, but continued to treat me for depression alone. Dr. Martin was wonderful and asked me what I thought about certain medications and gave me the choice. He truly listened to me, a sad rarity in his line of work. The one "negative" was the wait time(I was seen 1 & 1/2 hours after my appointment time). However I quickly realized that Dr. Martin is more than worth the wait. After all, I'd rather spend an hour and a half waiting to see the best doctor I've seen yet than at home encouraging my symptoms or watching tv.

April 6th, 2016
never go to him!
I wouldn't ever suggest this Dr. I needed meds and they told me to go somewhere else. I told them I needed meds but he didn't care. When you go to his office you have to sit for several hours. Its as if they don't care about how valuable you are and your time. He's been the biggest disappointment! I'm at a place to where I need mental help and he just didn't care. Wow how can you be in business with that kind of attitude!

March 13th, 2016
Dr. Ernest Martin and his wife Mrs. Martin are great doctors but the receptionist is very rude

October 28th, 2015
Blah Blah Blah
Dr. E. Martin is the most arigant person I have ever met. After being in the hospital two times over a 4 month period because he only wanted to use the melds he gets a kick back on and would not prescribe what was medically needed. After being released from the hospital I was ordered to follow up with Dr. Martin and I was provided a list of medications to take as I was closely evaluated while taking in the hospital, Dr Martin decides different. He does not give a crap about you or any of his patience. The staff is very rude , demanding and they treat you like you are stupid. O, and another thing be prepared to wait at least 3-4 hrs before you are seen. O, and if you cancel your appointment it's a 25.00 fee.... This practice is simply full of you know what and they will release you as a patient for no reason... They will leave you hanging just like they did me. I do not recommend Dr. Martin nor his wife, she is full of herself as well..

June 8th, 2015
This is a pill mill
What a quack. After waiting for 2 hours past my appt. time I find out I'm seeing his wife. Dr. Martin wasn't even there! What kind of scam is this? Unorganized, hostile employees, shabby office.......need I say more?

December 2nd, 2013
Mr.
I only have good things to say for Dr. Martin and his staff. I first went to him about a year ago with severe derpression. My daughter had recommended him because a friend of her and her husband is a patient Dr. Martin and he liked him very much. I don't think I could have gone to a better doctor. I have seen psycharists in the past about 7 years ago when I had my first encounter with the debilitating effects of depression. These doctors were in Greenville which is often said to have much better doctors and hospitals. I can tell you not one of the doctors in Greenville can near Dr.Martin's compassion for the patient or knowledge of how to diagnose exactly what was going on with that person. For about the first year we worked together (how many doctor really listen to their patients) to get me to the point where the fog was lifted and he was more able to see the real me. Once I could think clearly I told him that my daughter, who is a teacher and sees ADD and ADHD on a regular basis,thought that I also had always shown a lot of the symptoms. Dr. Martin agreed that also that this might be a problem for me. He gave me a brief test to evaluate me in his office and after reviewing it helped me to find a wonderful psycologist to administer the full battery of test. The psycologist was astounded that I had been able to cope with work and raising a family as well as I had. Dr. Martin by the way helped me by allowing me to use ADD medication on the condition that I would do my part and have the additional testing done. I can tell you from day one the medication told me that ADD was a hugh problem for me because I instantly felt better. More attentive and organised. I just enjoy everything I do more. I will stop here because I have already gone on to long, but let me conclude by saying aging I think Ernest Martin made a huge difference in my life and the people around me. He took time often late a night when other doctors were at home eating dinner to have enough time to spend with each patient to see what was really going on in their lives. He cares about his patients well being and is certainly qualified to help them once a diagnosis is made. I consider him both an excellent psychaitrist and friend.

November 30th, 2013
VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!
This so called Doctor closed my case for no apparent reason and I was left without a doctor during one of the most difficult times of my life! I ended up in the ER twice because of this and had a difficult time getting my meds without a doctor! Unclean environment, unprofessional employees, over an hour of wait times, etc. Stay away if you need real help; you won't get it here!

August 19th, 2013
my experence with Dr. Martin
DR. Martin has been my doctor for 4 years, and he is only doctor who has diagnosis me correctly. not only has the diagnosis correct but the prescription and dosage has made my much improved. he is not only a well train doctor but his personality fits his specialty, calm and analytical. He has a great bedside manner,

July 2nd, 2013
Truly Satisified
I recently relocated from New Hampshire where I was seeing the same psychiatrist for over 10 years and up until my last visit, he's unable to properly diagnosis and treat my mental illness. I've seen Dr. Martin once, and he has been able to treat my symptoms right away!

April 22nd, 2013
Established Patient
Dr. Martin has been my psychiatrist for over 6 years. He is the most caring and giving person I know. There is nothing he would not do for me as my healthcare provider. He listens to me and has been the only doctor out of three, that has been able to treat my mental illness effectively.I've recommended several of my friends to him and all have been equally satisfied with his services.

October 9th, 2012
If you are one of those people who just want to have pills shoved down your throat, and not be listened to, then this is the right Dr. for you. I only visited him twice, and in my experience he seemed very insensitive and very inaccurate with what he "believed" was wrong with me. I thought he was going to help me, but all he did was write a prescription and send me on my way.

April 26th, 2012
Father of middle school patient
Dr.Martin cares for several boys at Cherokee Creek Boys School in Westminster. He truly cares about the boys and their families. He is medically conservative, only using meds when he feels there could be clear benefit, making changes slowly and with only one drug at a time. He is amoung the "old school" psychiatrists who know that pills and patches are not a panacea!