Dr. Ernest Meinhardt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ernest Meinhardt?

September 22nd, 2015

Doctor Meinhardt is a Very impersonable doctor. He generally seems uninterested in you as a person and often gets you out of his office in 10 minutes or less , while sending you on your way with a $150. Charge in your hand. I have been to see him 4 or 5 times in the last 5 years and keep telling myself that I should go to a different doctor , like someone who actually cares about me . I guess the reason I have not switched is because the Clinic can usually get me an appointment the same day I call in. I think it is time for me to look somewhere else. I would not recommend him to anyone else.

August 12th, 2011

Seems bored and uninterested.

I've been seeing Dr. Meinhardt for a couple years now and have never really liked going there because he seems uninterested in his patient's problems.I've most often gone to see him for very simple stuff and I get the feeling that he doesn't care about things like high cholesterol or doing physicals. He basically just runs through the motions without saying anything. He'll give you the prescriptions you need, but doesn't even take the time to suggest other things you should do. For example, a couple years ago I was diagnosed with high cholesterol. He walked into the room and said that he was going to give me a prescription for it but didn't even take the time to say something like "You know you should excercise more and eat right." His solution was to write a prescription and be done with me as fast as possible.To his benefit though, I did have a hand problem once in which case he xrayed my hand and actually spent a few minutes talking to me about it and poking at it as I thought a doctor should. He was somewhat confused about what it could be and actually looked like he might have been enjoying trying to make a diagnosis. He wound up referring me to a hand specialist to get it taken care of - the absolutely correct move.My final opinion is that if you're looking for a doctor for pretty routine care, you should look elsewhere. Dr. Meinhardt does not seem interested in the mundane stuff that brings most of us in to see a doctor.One last thought - I do not much like his office staff. There are several doctors at that office and the staff all seems kind of disorganized and overworked; that's at least why I think they are kind of breif and a little rude with people.

June 7th, 2009

Overall, a great GP; I dread the day he retires!

Over 10+ years, I've come to depend upon Dr. M.'s experience and abilities as a diagnostician. Appointments often feel rushed (10-15 mins), but the office runs efficiently, and I trust now that his experience allows him to make the best use of short time.He is very knowledgeable about medications and OTC remedies both. He once correctly identified a drug side-effect other doctors had missed (and misdiagnosed). He's also given me many helpful suggestions as I've aged, from recommending a tasty high-fiber cereal to telling me which nonprescription antiperspirant is the strongest. Appointments are left open daily for acute problems, so usually same-day service is available. He is conservative with diagnoses and will not hesitate to send you for a diagnostic test if necessary-- or if you are concerned. He is a caring and considerate doc, but definitely not chatty. You generally have to follow up with him if a boring (to a doctor), everyday type of symptom recurs. But I think when something more serious is going on, the office does prioritize checking in on you; they did call us during a particularly painful illness of my husband's. He can be slow/conservative w/medicating pain (which was maddening the couple of times this need came up for us), but reasons for that are understandable.

November 15th, 2016