Dr. Ernie Swanson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

March 10th, 2015
Worst experience of my life. Sent to him by a referral...had a neurosurgeon, primary doc, and chiropractor all say I needed to see a neurologist. He had simply looked at the radiologist report and had his mind made up that I didn't have MS nor vasculitis and couldn't understand why I was there. Didn't want to listen to history, symptoms, nor did he offer any suggestions as to what might possibly be wrong. This human should not be practicing medicine. Would highly discourage any visits to him.

September 29th, 2011
Dr. Swanson diagnosed me as having cluster migraines. After making the diagnosis of migraines (kind of a big difference), then leaving the exam room, and advising me to make an appointment, Dr. Swanson left to go about his business. About 15 minutes later just as I was getting ready to leave, he came back to the room because several additional tests/treatments occured to him. I was very impressed & pleased that Dr. Swanson took the time and made the effort AFTER my appointment to come back and try some other things. How many of your doctors would do that?

September 19th, 2011
So my problem isn't neurological, then what?
Saw this Dr. to assess an anachroid cyst found by MRI ordered by my PCP. He assured me that the cyst is not to blame for my migratory nerve/soft tissue pains (which remains to be seen). He said this doesn't look like MS or any other neuro disorder, but I was disappointed that he didn't provide a lot of caring direction to tell me where to go next. Back to my PCP. He kind of acted like it wasn't even his job to assess my pain. True, it might be out of his realm. But a little more caring direction might feel a bit less like I'm the ball in a game of specialist ping-pong.