Obstetricians & Gynecologists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Medical Center
Baylor College of Medicine
1504 Taub Loop
Houston, TX 77030
713-873-3365
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  All about money .. Find a dr who cares  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2013

The visit took four months to schedule due to misinformation from his secretary. Dr is very rude and wanted only to make me do what he wanted as far as treatment plan. However, it is very important for me that the risks and benefits be explained and all options be presented so I can make an informed decision about my treatment plan or come up with one together. This dr is very pushy he wants you to do most expensive plans without seeing if other methods will work. He is all about money. Do yourself a favor and avoid this man at all costs, find a dr who really cares about your Health not just money.

Sep 14th, 2013

Dr. Kovanci is an excellent physician. His bedside manner is professional and he has always been available to discuss my questions and concerns throughout my treatment. I have a low ovarian reserve and Dr. Kovanci kept us informed of our treatment options and was always honest with us. I am pregnant through my 1st IVF treatment and we are thrilled. Everyone I know was trying to push me to those baby making factories (other clinics) but for me I wanted to go to someone that I trusted with my body and my treatment. Save yourself some time go to Dr. Kovanci first. In response to a negative post, his nurses have always given me contact with the doctor anytime I asked. I should also add his nursing staff is wonderful and well educated.

|  Nice guy, but terrible MD  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2012

I spent the first 6 months of my infertility treatments with Dr. Kovanci. I usually felt like his nurse was making the decisions about my treatment more than he was. My last treatment with him was an IUI - he decided to do the procedure despite my dismal labs on a Saturday, then brought me in on Monday morning to tell me I'd never have children of my own (sure to get a couple of more thousand dollars before he sent me on my way!) I went for a second opinion: the doctor said I had been completely misdiagnosed and I got pregnant with twins on my first IVF. Save yourself the heartache and go straight to Houston Fertility Institute. I wish I had!

|  Among the elite!!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Kovanci is experienced, compassionate, eager to assist, and overall THE best Doctor I have had caring for me. He performed surgery on me earlier this year, and I cannot complain. He's thorough and reassuring. I don't trust physicians primarily due to my constant fear of the negative aspects. With this doctor, there's never a fear no matter how the outcome may be.

|  Great Doctor!!  |  show details
by Donna B on Jan 4th, 2011

Dr. Kovanci performed surgery on me in 2008. I have never been to a Drs office that you don't even get time to pick up a magazine before you are called back to the examining room. This happened at each visit. Usually you wait an average of 30 minutes to get in to see most doctors regardless of the time your appt is. He is a very kind and caring doctor. I was entirely comfortable with having the surgery. He kept my waiting husband informed as to how things were going so he would not worry. There is nothing negative I can say about Dr. Kovanci. It is always a positive experience at his office. And I must mention his staff is also great! They actually seem to enjoy their job!!

Sep 25th, 2010

excellent physician

May 11th, 2010

excellent!!!

|  Amazing doctor  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2009

Getting a diagnosis of "unexplained infertility" is hard enough, but dealing with all of the procedures and medications and the emotional rollercoaster that goes with that is almost impossible. However, Dr. Kovanci and his staff made the experience for us alot less scary and they were amazing. From start to finish, their level of care was excellent and Dr. Kovanci was very reassuring-not to mention accurate! We got pregnant the 3rd month of treatment after 4 years of not being able to get pregnant. Our son is 8 months old and we wouldn't be parents without Dr. K!!!