Dr. Erum Shahab MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016
Rude cancels a lot of her appointments a friend is in a relapse prevention group. She had cancelled his appointment to see her. He been there for three years for Suboxone has not seen her in over 9 months needs medication adjusted. She has her groups in the parking lot in front of everybody with a mini mall next door, this is so she can smoke cigarettes

September 11th, 2016
Addiction
The doctors in the office want you to succeed they make the first visit as comfortable as possible considering you're withdrawing off opiates the staff and the doctors treat you with respect and dignity from the moment you walk through the door I feel that if not for them to accept me into the program I may be dead and lying in a gutter somewhere so God bless them for the work that they do

February 11th, 2016
I would never recommend her to anyone I know. If I'd googled her name before making my 1st appt, I surely would've never gone. My advice is to look into who your trusting your health with!

December 22nd, 2015
life is about health not wealth
I have never been to a detox program that spends more money on their office furniture than they do on research. they make you go to meeting even if you are on good behavior because they want to bill your insurance, so the doctor can go by coach eye glasses and Louis Vuitton shoes. they have no respect for anyone in and treat you like dirt. all they care about is themselves, they stand around the office and socialize while you sit and wait. God forbid something happen that was out of your control and you showed up late they do not care they will kick you out. this is not a good place to go to I recommend any place but this doctor. and to the people that are trying to seek help God bless you and may you find your higher power don't let these people get you down you are strong and you can do this better yet without them, amen

September 16th, 2015
This is my second time being treated by Dr. Shahab. After trying other doctors and other methods unsuccessfully she is the only doctor so far to keep me stable. She is in tune with my specific treatment needs and goes above and beyond to work out issues that arise. She is by far the most caring doctor I've been treated by.

September 11th, 2015
Experience With Ellington Behavioral Health
I have been a patient at Ellington Behavioral Health now for very near a year, under direct care of Dr. Erum Shahab. From the very first call I made to her practice, it was obvious to me that the doctor and her staff were well extremely well organized and that as a patient, I was at the top of their list of priorities. I had never been enrolled in a program of this nature before and was very nervous and apprehensive about the way things would unfold as I began. Needless to say, I was very pleasantly surprised to witness the sense of urgency they had in getting me enrolled and sober. I had an appointment scheduled the first time I spoke to her staff, and met Dr. Shahab within days. The doctor was very empathetic to my story and seemed to have incredible experience with addiction, lending insight to me that helped me look at my treatment in a much more positive light. The doctor explained to me that her program was patient driven and that it was governed by strict rules and regulations, but with dedication and adherence to these rules, there was a very good chance for me to attain long term sobriety. Over the last year, i have seen several people fall out of her program due to their inability to follow the rules, and have heard comparisons from other patients to their previous doctors who would simply hand them a prescription once a month and do nothing more to ensure their well being. Some people actually prefer this due to the lack of accountability, and look at this program's regulations in a negative manner. But personally, it has been extremely beneficial for me to have someone who holds me accountable to my actions, while also providing a relationship that offers mentoring and wisdom when I may need it. These methods are tried and true, giving a proven success rate, and if you're serious about your sobriety, it is a blessing to have someone who cares enough to monitor it. We are tested once a week, before our group sessions, and have a follow up, one on one exam with the doctor once a month for a more in depth discussion on what may be going on in our personal lives. This program invests in its patients, and asks you to invest honesty and effort into it in return. I personally believe that every program should follow these same guidelines, and can honestly say that the doctor and her staff have turned my life around. I would not want to be undergoing treatment anywhere else, and will remain close with the doctor and her staff long after I've completed my program.

September 11th, 2015
Dr. Shahab has helped me with a problem I've faced all my life. She was the first to diagnose and treat it, and I am now in the mindset that I feel the most comfortable with. I don't understand these negative ratings, I can't fathom how she would be unable or unwilling to help others as she has helped me. In the months since my first meeting with her, I am finally in the place I've always wanted to be in my life and I can't thank her enough.

August 27th, 2015
I have seen Dr. Shahab for a few years. While she has been kind to me, her staff is another story. They are rude and inaccurate. I have been billed for no-shows for days I wasn't scheduled. I have had appointments canceled repeatedly. I have gone to appointments to only have them tell me I wasn't scheduled. This has happened to several other patients that I know. I have witnessed Dr. Shahab hanging around the office socializing for extended lengths of time while I'm waiting in the waiting room. I am in the process of changing psychiatrists because of the lack of professionalism.

February 25th, 2015
After attending CT Behavioral Health as one of Dr. Shahab's patients I am truly flabbergasted by all the negative feedback she has received, She is one of the nicest doctors I have ever encountered in my life. Dr. Shahab has treated me with nothing but the upmost respect from the very minute that I walked into her office. She didn't judge me or approached me with any preconceived notions as most doctors who treat addicts likely do. Her staff is top notch and just as respectful as the doctor. They really go the extra mile and really want to see you progress and succeed . I am so glad that I did not 'judge a book by it's cover" and pass up treatment at this facility based on the horrible things I've read on this website. All I can say is that if you're a potential patient considering choosing Connecticut Behavioral Health, do not form an opinion based on the reviews you read here because they're not even remotely close to the truth. Think for yourself and give Dr. Shahab a try. Just be completely honest with her (she really respects honesty) and I can guarantee that amazing woman will do everything in her power to help you. I am living proof, and I'm proud to not only call Dr. Shahab my doctor, but also to consider her a friend who genuinely cares about my future.

July 17th, 2014
treatment
Well to be honest I have had my personal issues with this office and dr but over all. They are friendly and caring just like any rehab or treatment center they are your only hope. At least I felt that way at first but no one can help you but yourself. As for the suboxone I feel that its a good med as long as you use it correctly dr shab hab can be a little rude sometimes but I think it's because as strange as it may sound she really does care about us we may have to bite our tounges once in a while but oh well it's better than where I was two and a half years ago.I would give her a chance everyone has their own opinion.

April 30th, 2013
Switch and bait
Very unprofessional.... Doesnt return calls. Hands out medication like candy, orders unnecessary test, complains about other patients instead of focusing on my problems... Didnt feel she was really listening

June 27th, 2012
I have never seen a doctor so unprofessional. She thinks because she prescribes dangerous drugs she can play God. Gives these drugs out to addicts and then expects them to act responsibly and then when they fail to, she decides to just stop medications, even if they could die. I wouldn't send an animal to her for treatment.