Addiction Medicine Specialist, Psychiatrist

4 West Rd
Suite 301
Ellington, CT 06029
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

|  Addict  |  show details
by Brian Miltz on Jul 23rd, 2014

I went to Dr. Shahab after seeing Peter Benet in South Windsor. I was at my lowest at that point. Strung out and a mess. She did help me get better by giving me access to Suboxone. But she does very little patient interaction herself. Honestly I saw my counselor Tracy way more than I say Dr. Shahab and when I did see the Dr. she was rude, short, and just not real nice to me. Then she tells me that even though I came to her for help with opiate addiction that if I continue to smoke pot I will be kicked out of the program. She also said that her program was one of total sobriety. Well both of these things are untrue. She had no problem prescribing me Seroquel for my sleep issues. Which turned me into a zombie by the way. I only took it once and was 3 hours late for work the next morning and almost lost my job. I think like any Dr. that does this kind of work she is overloaded with patients and simply doesn't have time to do the job right. It's all about the money which the article in yesterdays Journal clearly proves. I find it funny that I didn't want anything but Suboxone from her, I was going to 3 groups a week and doing one on one counseling with Tracy but the fact that I smoked pot to relieve my tension and depression was too much for her to handle. Anyway I feel a whole lot better about my decision to leave there now that I have seen the story in the Journal and know the truth. And the truth is this, she is just another greedy individual trying to make as much money as possible and she treats her employees like crap, like they are beneath her. I witnessed it first hand. So Dr. Shahab it might be time to take a look in the mirror and see if you like what you see.

|  Karma  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2014

Shahab paid a hefty fine for her negligence. Go to Hartford Courant and type in "Dr. Shahab investigation".

|  treatment  |  show details
by saved on Jul 17th, 2014

Well to be honest I have had my personal issues with this office and dr but over all. They are friendly and caring just like any rehab or treatment center they are your only hope. At least I felt that way at first but no one can help you but yourself. As for the suboxone I feel that its a good med as long as you use it correctly dr shab hab can be a little rude sometimes but I think it's because as strange as it may sound she really does care about us we may have to bite our tounges once in a while but oh well it's better than where I was two and a half years ago.I would give her a chance everyone has their own opinion.

|  Former Staff  |  show details
May 23rd, 2014

First of all, this doctor lives in a fantasy! She believes she is invincible and she wants to be put on a platter. She is rude, uncaring, fake and untrustworthy. As a former staff member I can tell you, she has created a hostile environment for her staff. The staff members that have been with her since she opened practice is just as rude and unkind as she is. This woman preys on staff people that have no class and are very young so that she can manipulate them in the mind. The receptionist who is a balded-headed moose is old, dumb and mostly childish. This doctor believes she can treat people any kind of way. Her practice and the way she handles patients urine is very questionable. They are hidden everywhere in the lab including the cabinets. I cannot wait for the day when KARMA steps in to close this SWEAT SHOP! As an insider...I would not patronize this doctor. She definitely cannot keep reliable staff. She only wants staff that think the way she does and to be honest it is frightening. Please, if you are looking for HELP...this doctor is not the ONE!!! I am so sorry that I was expose to her practice. I have watched and heard this doctor and staff make patients feel like DIRT. RUN AWAY from this doctor.

by Ashley on Mar 21st, 2014

My father went to her weekly to get his prescriptions... He was laid off in 2010 and had state insurance. Once that insurance ran out she refused to help. When you prescribe people medication that they need, there should be no reason not to continue to prescribe it especially when everyone knows if you discontinue use of depressant medication it can effect you very badly. Sadly to report, my father committed suicide in November of 2013. He had been on Suboxone for over 3 years. After doing tons of research and getting different opinions on that medication, there's no way he should have been on that medication for that long. Being on it for that long actually causes you to have P.A.W.S. I would hope a doctor who I would assume does their research and should only want the best for their patients (as long as they're not money hungry, which I'm almost 100% sure suboxone pays doctors to prescribe their prescription) would know what the long term side effects are. But as I did more research, the only thing the doctor has to do is go to a class for one day and I believe maybe take a test.... seriously?? Drug dealers now sell suboxone (also known as subs)... It is an addictive medication that will take you longer to get off of then the opiates themselves!!! The only thing I ask if for people to please do their research before taking things just because a doctor tells them to. They don't always know what their talking about, and sometimes and sadly even most of the time now a days, it's only for the money.

Nov 7th, 2013

This is the most unprofessional, money hungry doctor I have ever experienced. She cancels appointments constantly, forgets to call in prescriptions, and discharged me because I couldn't pay $30 for missing a group. She will disappear for days at a time and not fill prescriptions. She is rude and does not return calls. Please do not go to her for your own safety, this doctor is all about money.

|  Switch and bait  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2013

Very unprofessional.... Doesnt return calls. Hands out medication like candy, orders unnecessary test, complains about other patients instead of focusing on my problems... Didnt feel she was really listening

Jun 27th, 2012

I have never seen a doctor so unprofessional. She thinks because she prescribes dangerous drugs she can play God. Gives these drugs out to addicts and then expects them to act responsibly and then when they fail to, she decides to just stop medications, even if they could die. I wouldn't send an animal to her for treatment.

|  Dr Shahab isn't simply helping me..  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

She is saving my life. My last Dr. Flynn was a drug pusher who ended up taking his own life with his own pills. Great example doc flynn. U made me think don't ask don't tell was what I was the illeagle drug policy. I thought that's how all docs were but Dr. Shahab is Detoxing me and saving my life. Dr Flynn got what even he thought he deserved.

|  Great Visit  |  show details
by Suzanne on Jul 21st, 2010

I've read the other reviews, and yes, the office can use some help. But remember..please...we ARE heroine and substance abuse users.I didn't go in with high expectations about the place.They offer a good product to help us to get away from that crap.Rgarding the family: they have a very different culture than ours.It appears to me that the whole family is involved,that's how THEY do it.Oh well,This girl is quite happy.

Jun 8th, 2010

as her practice grew she became increasing negligent.... Front officecontstanting changing with incompetent staff.

|  she sucks  |  show details
May 6th, 2010

you wait at least at hour to go in. she gives you five minutes if that. she says to call you if there is an emergency but doesn't ever call back. dont go to her. she gets you hooked on drugs then refuses to refill it. DONT GO

|  great dr  |  show details
by lee on Feb 1st, 2010

I was reading some of the comments by people that just DO NOT make any sense at all she is a great dr. her husband works there. so people stop being haters.

|  DRUG DEALERS  |  show details
by ANONYMOUS on Jan 13th, 2010

THIS OFFICE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. THEY ARE DRUG DEALERS. GO IN FOR AN APPOINTMENT AND THE RECEPTIONIST HANDS YOU A SCRIPT WITHOUT THE DR.EVEN SEEING YOU. GOOD LUCK GETTING YOUR MEDS EVEN THOUGH THEY GET YOU ADDICTED TO SUBOXONE. IF YOUR INSURANCE DOESN'T PAY FOR EVEN ONE VISIT THEY WON'T GIVE YOU YOUR SCRIPT UNTIL YOU PAY THEM. THE HUSBAND IS A LYING, ARROGANT POMPOUS A--. THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU, PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE TO GO ONCE A WEEK FOR YEARS SO THEY CAN MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE FROM YOU.

|  i love her  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2009

One of the best ive seen!

|  Beware  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2009

Wants to put everyone on suboxone. Will charge for an hour visit when you are there for a 10 minute med check. Her family is in the office even babies. Her husband and father have access to all patient files. The previous office was so bad a child got hurt in the waiting room and the problem was not fixed. And the patient restroom was adjacent to her office and when I told her you could hear everything said in her office she did NOTHING to fix it. Run away!!!!

|  scary person  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2009

even when she changes location to a new office karma will catch up. the obvious greed and lack of concern for people will eventually reveal an office with yellow tape across the door and the desk top in the hands of the feds.

|  its a BOOTLEG DOCTORS OFFICE, they may as well be selling DVDs out of their  |  show details
by Shannon on Sep 14th, 2009

This place is the biggest joke. The whole place is full of their family. The family members will be behind the desk going through paper work when they have no business doing so. Little kids putting important signed papers in files. No wonder they can never find things that you sign! Then when you walk in, they talk their terrorist language and you can't understand them and you can just tell that they are talking sh*t about you. The doctors husband, who is the worst, is a money grubbing low life who lives off his wife and does nothing but mess up the bills, and try to over charge you, he is the biggest scammer I have ever met. I have heard of numerous instances that he has hustled money out of people because they are desperate for help. He takes advantage of their condition. Plus, he will refer to suboxone patients as "Piece of sh*t drug addicts." He should look at himself and jump on his camel and ride back to his sand colony so he learn how to impregnate goats.

by Debbie on Aug 5th, 2009

She seems so friendly and nice to get you hooked in. Then if you ever need anything its all about MONEY can't even call a drug store for you. And its true the other comment about family and urine. Keep looking don't stop here. Debbie

|  lack of knowledge  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2009

pathatic place not even try her.

|  Unprofessional Office Seek Care Elsewhere  |  show details
by Concerned on Jun 9th, 2009

Urine samples on the floor, office staff hadning out paperwork with dirty gloves on, Dr.'s family sitting around the office. Dr's baby crying. Receptionist trying to hold a baby on her hip while taking the copays and doing office work. Can't even take a seat in the waiting room because the doctor's family is sitting in the available seating. My advice...Find another doctor!!