Dr. Eskender Getachew Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Eskender Getachew?

Clinical Depression

Clinical Depression

Get the facts about clinical depression, including the symptoms and related depressive disorders.

Have you seen Dr. Eskender Getachew?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 24th, 2017

I wonder if Dr. Getachew can see Sammy Hook at his next Appointment. There is alot to talk to him about. He has doctored me for many years and I would prefer to be seen by him for this appointment on Feb.13th. I am having multiple medical problems. Thank you.

July 29th, 2016

Dr. G IS THE BEST DR EVER! He is so understanding and caring. I'm so glad I found him! Oh Michelle(the nurse) is amazing as well!

March 14th, 2016

Awesome Dr. G!

Dr. G is fantastic! He listens so well, asks a lot of questions, and his diagnostic skills are amazing. He is also a licensed pharmacist, so he knows well the medications he is prescribing. I have a movement disorder, migraines, and a primary sleep disorder, so he treats all 3, and can use a combination of medications that combine to treat multiple conditions instead requiring me to need many meds. I'm glad another of my doctors recommended and referred me to him! It's also helpful that he has a satellite office in Marion!

December 23rd, 2015

No one better than Doctor Getachew

I struggled with health problems for many years. I was constantly tired, no matter how much sleep I got. I searched and searched for someone who could help me and was treated by many different doctors in Dallas Texas and saw no improvement. The final decision was that I suffered from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - the diagnosis given when the true issue can't be identified. Dallas is a massive city with many specialists. If doctors there couldn't figure it out there, could anyone? I relocated to Columbus Ohio and heard of Doctor Getachew and I can't overemphasize what a positive change he has made in my life. He started by making a diagnosis that I received and had been treated for in the past when I felt no better. Doctor Getachew's experience, deep knowledge and training in multiple fields was critical. His methodical approach showed the earlier diagnosis was correct but too many other signs were missed. We scheduled regular follow-ups to see how I was feeling. I still did not feel great and he asked many questions and listened carefully to my answers. He identified another health issue during a visit that was masked by the first. I was tested in his office that very day and treatment started soon after. Our regularly scheduled follow-ups continued. I felt better but still not close to 100%. Doctor Getachew spends more time with me than any other doctor I have ever had. He makes me feel very comfortable while I sit with him - it does not feel like a "doctor's appointment." He has keen listening abilities. He picked up on a brief comment I made at the beginning of a visit and was able to connect the dots that allowed him to diagnose a third problem through additional discussions during the visit. I searched for years for the right doctor. I had no idea I could have multiple entwined health issues like this. No other doctor I visited came close to helping me. Doctor Getachew identified and treated one problem at a time, made sure there was progress and then tackled the next. He was never wrong. My job now requires me to move again. The three big questions now are: Will we be able to find a new house we will be happy in? How do we find the best schools for our kids? How will we find someone to replace Dr. Getachew? The first two will be easy. I'm afraid there won'd be a good answer to the last one. I recommend Dr. Getachew without hesitation. He is a caring doctor who knows exactly what he is doing and has improved my quality of life more than I can explain.

May 21st, 2015

Excellence in Medicine

Extremely caring and contentious. Works very hard to diagnosis and relieve patient of pain and discomfort. Would recommend to closest friend and family.

March 26th, 2015

Dr. Getachew has taken good care of me since Dr. Clark passed away in 2010. He's always happy to spend as much time with me as I need him to, answers questions, and clearly cares. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a sleep specialist.

March 9th, 2015

Excellent M.D

I have been with Dr. Getachew almost 6 yrs. I would recommend him for he has dealt with me for many reasons multiple brain trauma's , back issues, migraine , He has helped me through depression. I feel he has the best staff a patient could ever have. He listen well to your problems and has great concern for you medicals need. I would recommend him 100%.

March 5th, 2015

He is a wonderful doctor who about me and has helped me with my problems.

March 3rd, 2015

patient

He is a amazing doctor he made it easier for me to live system free from my M.S. He also found out that my M.S is not the reason for me to being in aah wheelchair. Best doctor ever very through and takes his time and is very patient.

December 11th, 2014

Great Doctor

Dr. Getachew is an outstanding doctor. I have a chronic illness and have been a patient of his for about 2 years now. He takes time and listens to me and genuinely cares about my health. He does not just rush me through my appointments. He also seems to have a better understanding of what I’m going through than other doctors I have encountered in the past and is empathetic to my situation. He’s helped me attain a better quality of life with my illness. I highly recommend Dr. Getachew to anyone who’s looking for a caring qualified doctor.

June 6th, 2014

Highly Recommended - he is a great doctor

I immediately knew I was recommended a great doctor by the way the staff and Dr. Getachew greeted me and made sure I understand my possible conditions. Dr Getachew offers a very well rounded medical knowledge and I appreciate that he didn't rush his diagnosis but preferred to make sure to review all of my medical history. He is by far and exceptional doctor and I fee veryl comfortable recommending him.

March 31st, 2014

Wonderful and caring

Dr. Getachew is one of the most caring and concerned doctors that I've ever known. He has treated my husband and I with dignity and respect throughout his diagnosis.