Dr. Ethan Colliver DO Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 14 reviews

February 2nd, 2017
Money & appointments over personal patient care
Dr Colliver was very professional when I saw him. It is apparently unlikely you will see him often. You are scheduled with Ms. Martin and then rescheduled with Dr. Colliver, creating two billed appointments that could and should be handled in one. Front office staff and management is very cold and aloof. They are more concerned with payment and money over patient care and customer service. Out of four visits, I have yet to be impressed with the front staff, their service, demeanor or attitude. When you have several visits and leave with little to no new information, just additional appointments, you quickly feel as though the money is the first priority over patient care. Couple that with a rude staff that is unhelpful and inflexible, it creates a lack of trust needed for medical care. The medical staff may be knowledgeable, but the experience as whole is undesirable and unacceptable as a patient.

August 12th, 2015
Good doctor
Dr. Colliver gave me the most thorough exam for my back that I have ever had. He spent almost 40 minutes observing, poking and prodding. He looked at my x-rays from the doctor at Christiansburg Med Express (don't go THERE!) and was able to identify the fracture in my back whereas the doctor at Med Express couldn't.He is a good listener, and adequately explains the problem.

May 12th, 2015
Don't waste your time or money
Don't waste your time. Guy doesn't listen. Patient has no input into treatment

March 3rd, 2015
Lower Back
This so called back doctor doesn't have a clue about back problems. After going for my visit I realize that my primary care physician isn't thinking of my problem but is looking out for his colleagues and the healthcare network. The only reason that he has a 3 star rating is because of ease of appointment and promptness and that's because no one goes to him!

November 20th, 2013
Herniated disc
Dr. Colliver seems to be a very nice man, but when I asked to get a referral to a neurosurgeon just to get a second opinion, he refused. Seems very odd and makes me wonder why. He previously told me surgery wouldn't help, which is not what I wanted anyway. I just wanted answers as to why my problem was not going away after 8 weeks of PT and 3 steroid injections. I have now seen another doctor and he said I clearly do not have a herniated disc after he looked at the same MRI that Dr. Colliver looked at. Why is he afraid to admit that he could be wrong? What happened to the idea that the patient well being comes first?

June 28th, 2012
Very thorough with visit.
After having a back injury in Jan. I am very pleased with the time and support I was given by Dr. Colliver . If a patient follows through with the physical therapy and other treatments given you are sure to make a full recovery. Some patients just won't do this which leads to bad comments.

February 22nd, 2012
Not reconmended waste of time and money
Was not very informative. Could not tell me anything reguarding My symptoms. Did not want to listen to what i had to say as patient. A waste of money to see this doctor ,Do not know anymore than i do before visiting him.

February 1st, 2012
A+ Doctor
Best doctor in the area by far. Puts VT's health care to shame

December 1st, 2011
Great Doctor
helped diagnose a spinal chord issue much more experienced doctors missed. Excellent, caring, qualified doctor

August 24th, 2011
It would be nice if he would develop a better bedside manner and listen to what his patients have to say. Poor listening skills on his part.....he only wanted to talk

April 22nd, 2011
My visit with Dr. Colliver was very good. I didn't have to wait very long. He was very attentive to my needs. He talked to me at my level of understanding. He ordered the appropriate tests and helped me with treatment for my pain. I would reccomend him to anyone that wants help with their pain, without putting them on narcotics.

August 10th, 2010
Terrible bedside manner. He's the only doctor I've ever seen who refused to discuss the diagnosis or the treatment with me in any depth. He seemed to resent questions, wouldn't provide more information when I asked, wouldn't discuss the implications of the diagnosis in terms of prognosis or daily living, and seemed very resentful if I questioned or disagreed with his ideas.