2.5

The best in professional care show details The best in professional care
Jun 15th, 2011

Some reviewers complained about Dr. Moghessi not seeming "caring" enough. She cares a lot, just doesn't gush and spend a lot of time chit chatting about non-essential matters. She really worked hard to find the solution to my diabetes problems, and I wouldn't think of going to anyone else.

Not helpful show details Not helpful
May 3rd, 2011

Her bedside manner reflects the attitutde that she knows best and you do not need to understand your treatment. Her answers to questions were cryptic and unhelpful. When her staff lied to me about receiving test results, meaning I had to wait even longer, I found a new endocrinologist.

Dr. Moghissi Will Fix You show details Dr. Moghissi Will Fix You
Oct 29th, 2010

Dr. Moghissi is excellent at what she does. This is evidenced by her extremely busy office, but I assure you it is worth the wait. She has a trained diabetes nurse educator as well as a dietician on staff who are almost always available to answer questions. Dr. Moghissi is "all business" which I appreciate but can understand how others wouldn't feel the same way. If you are searching for the source of your health issues, she will find it. Do as she asks and you will be well!

Oh No! show details Oh No!
by Wayne on Jul 27th, 2010

Another of my doctors rated between Poor and Moderate. Dr. Moghissi is a total professional and very caring about her patients. The only complaint that I have which is very minor is that some of my appointments have been canceled to emergencies or last minute speaking engagements or consultations.I can't say enough about her staff, Cordelia, the office manager, Maria, the RN and Helen the RN/Dietician.It is really difficult to get an accurate overview of a physician from a few Ratings. There are websites that will show everything about a doctor such as suspensions and if license has ever been lifted.To be honest, I wonder about the validity of this website. Most of the reviews seem to come from patients with an axe to grind. Only fair way to evaluate a physician is from all his/her patients. Five ratings for Dr. Moghissi is probably less than 2% of her total patients. You can't get statistical reliability with that low of a percentage.

Money making Unnecessary visits show details Money making Unnecessary visits
Jun 28th, 2010

First of all the wait time is really worse. And it is not worth it for the time she spends with the patient. Even tho the doctor spends less than 5 mins, most likely we will be paying for nearly or more than 30 mins worth of parking. I even tried making the first appointment in the afternoon. But even this dint help me.Our blood test report will not be disclosed/discussed without making an appointment.My previous endocrinologist will have me visit him only every 5 to 6 months. In between, based on my blood test reports, he would just adjust my prescription and will fax it directly to my pharmacy. This saves me time and money. I would even get a copy of my blood report. It was hassle free and he sits and listens to me.I would change my doctor if I had an option. Until then I will stick to her.The office staff is really courteous and helpful.

by Liz on Jul 6th, 2009

Bad bedside manner and seems to lack empathy. Felt like a money making visit rather than being willing to listen, help. or explain things.