Dr. Etie Moghissi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Etie Moghissi?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Etie Moghissi?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

May 10th, 2016

Terrible experience

I've never been to such a rude doctor. I went to her because my primary doctor recommended I see a specialist for thyroid issues. She offered far less knowledge and medical care than my regular doctor has already been doing. I waited 55 minutes and then she spent 2 rushed minutes with me. I had questions about my labs being out of range and she said "you are fine" even tho the results had flags in 3 areas. I told her I wasn't feeling optimal and she wrote on my lab, "Patient feeling better" . She also has no lab so you must go off sign for blood draws. Parking is very pricey. It was a total waste of time and money for me. I will not return.

February 23rd, 2016

Dr. Moghissi spent less than 5 mins with me on my first visit to her office. She barely examined me and then, handed me a piece of paper telling me that I needed lab work done without bothering to explain that I would need to fast beforehand or, any other details. She then told me to return in 10 days to see her again. Knowing that she would only be reading me my lab results, I opted to have her call me instead of making an office visit...saving me the $50 copay as well as gas and parking fees.

September 4th, 2015

Pretty Bad

I've been diabetic for 15 years, and never have I had a worse experience than I did with this Dr. She was incredibly rude and condescending, and the few times I went, she never even asked me if I needed any prescriptions. It felt like an inconvenience to even ask her. She is rude to her staff also. There are much better options in the area.

August 14th, 2012

Appears to not be interessted in practicing medicine

June 15th, 2011

The best in professional care

Some reviewers complained about Dr. Moghessi not seeming "caring" enough. She cares a lot, just doesn't gush and spend a lot of time chit chatting about non-essential matters. She really worked hard to find the solution to my diabetes problems, and I wouldn't think of going to anyone else.

May 3rd, 2011

Her bedside manner reflects the attitutde that she knows best and you do not need to understand your treatment. Her answers to questions were cryptic and unhelpful. When her staff lied to me about receiving test results, meaning I had to wait even longer, I found a new endocrinologist.

October 30th, 2010

Dr. Moghissi Will Fix You

Dr. Moghissi is excellent at what she does. This is evidenced by her extremely busy office, but I assure you it is worth the wait. She has a trained diabetes nurse educator as well as a dietician on staff who are almost always available to answer questions. Dr. Moghissi is "all business" which I appreciate but can understand how others wouldn't feel the same way. If you are searching for the source of your health issues, she will find it. Do as she asks and you will be well!

July 27th, 2010

Oh No!

Another of my doctors rated between Poor and Moderate. Dr. Moghissi is a total professional and very caring about her patients. The only complaint that I have which is very minor is that some of my appointments have been canceled to emergencies or last minute speaking engagements or consultations.I can't say enough about her staff, Cordelia, the office manager, Maria, the RN and Helen the RN/Dietician.It is really difficult to get an accurate overview of a physician from a few Ratings. There are websites that will show everything about a doctor such as suspensions and if license has ever been lifted.To be honest, I wonder about the validity of this website. Most of the reviews seem to come from patients with an axe to grind. Only fair way to evaluate a physician is from all his/her patients. Five ratings for Dr. Moghissi is probably less than 2% of her total patients. You can't get statistical reliability with that low of a percentage.

June 28th, 2010

Money making Unnecessary visits

First of all the wait time is really worse. And it is not worth it for the time she spends with the patient. Even tho the doctor spends less than 5 mins, most likely we will be paying for nearly or more than 30 mins worth of parking. I even tried making the first appointment in the afternoon. But even this dint help me.Our blood test report will not be disclosed/discussed without making an appointment.My previous endocrinologist will have me visit him only every 5 to 6 months. In between, based on my blood test reports, he would just adjust my prescription and will fax it directly to my pharmacy. This saves me time and money. I would even get a copy of my blood report. It was hassle free and he sits and listens to me.I would change my doctor if I had an option. Until then I will stick to her.The office staff is really courteous and helpful.

July 6th, 2009

Bad bedside manner and seems to lack empathy. Felt like a money making visit rather than being willing to listen, help. or explain things.

March 2nd, 2009