Dr. Etta Novick MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Brooklyn, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 3rd, 2016
I was seen by Dr Etta Novick 3 weeks ago and still cannot get the medication she said she prescribed for me. The wrong prescription was sent to the pharmacy, the pharmacist and myself called her office to let her know about the mistake. We were told that they would send the correct prescription. They sent the right prescription this time but in somebody else's name. I have been calling to get it corrected, but seems like I am not getting any where. Saw the doctor three weeks ago and still cannot get the medication. Called the office many times,but, no one followed up. They haven't even returned the pharmacist calls so that the mistake could be corrected

July 10th, 2015
Never again
Where do I start, first of all the wait time the front desk told me was for just 20-30 mins. I didn't say anything when that 30mins went by and I wasn't called in. When I was called into the exam room my door was left opened which didn't bother me. There was I noticed 2 exam rooms in use and the other exam room was just emptying with the last pt and Dr. Novick leaving. I was sure I'd be next. I saw that another pt, who I SAW sign in AFTER me go into that emptied exam room. (I can't help but mention that I am East Asian, the pt who came in after me is orthodox Jewish and the doctor is Jewish). Dr. Isaac Novick promptly goes into the other exam room and not mine. I am upset bc of the unfairness of the order. I had waited very patiently thus far for this visit and I felt very snubbed. I go up to the front desk and ask why I was not seen in the order we signed in and they don't have an answer. I go back to my room and wait since there is nothing else I can do. The Dr finally come into my room and doesn't even close the door! How unprofessional! I mention this to him and he closes it to, it seems, to humor me and doesn't even apologize for HIPPA violation breach. When I tell him about the reason for my visit, he takes a look at my face, doesn't ask me much of anything and prescribes me a cream. I had told him the redness rash and swelling had happened after eating a mango and I was concerned that I felt drowsy and dizzy even before taking the Benadryl the day before. He dismissed my symptoms and told me to just use the cream. When I asked him what the difference was between the prescription and the OTC steroid cream all he said was "it's just different". WOW I'm really done with this "doctor". Not only does he put HIS people (the Jews) ahead of others, he doesn't give proper privacy(ie. door to exam room remains wide open), he also does not appreciate informed pts and wants to keep them in the dark, possibly to have them coming back for more$$$$. I had to ask the front desk to recommend an allergist (which is what Dr. Isaac Novick should have done if he was a good doctor). I got an allergist name and number. The staff was fine. But I will never go to Novick again or recommend him to even my worst enemy. I not only walked out of his office thinking he was incompetent and rude, I walked away thinking he's racist (which is hard for anyone to do since I've lived in the city for 15years and rarely saw such overt favoritism).

March 13th, 2015
She is very good dr. Helped me a lot.

September 9th, 2014
The front desk personnel, elderly woman, is very OBOXIOUS & RUDE ....Hates the fact that she yells out the patients' names and for us to bring our co-pay to the desk ...so unprofessional she is! No tact whatsoever! She's not very welcoming to be a front desk person. Appointments are never time specific! Too many overbookings and the waiting time is too long..........

March 21st, 2009
BEEN GOING TO ISSAC AND ETTA FOR MANY YEARS, THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU WHENIN NEED

October 15th, 2015