Physiatrist, Spine specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
 |  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
by D. Necker on Oct 14th, 2013

Dr. Eugene Bulkin was recommended by my physical therapist, who's seen loads of doctors come and go. He said Dr. Bulkin is exceptional - and he was right. Dr. B is friendly, warm, frank and funny - most importantly, he is a sharp observer. He had a sense of what might be going on with my condition before the MRI was done - and he was right. Best of all: he called me as soon as the MRI results came in, lightening fast. Exceptional. He explains everything clearly and is a really compassionate human being. Doctors who respond rapidly, take their time with patients and have a friendly and smart staff who take care of your authorizations before you even have to ask? Yes, it's possible with the thoroughly first-rate Dr. Bulkin. Thank you, sir - you're one in a zillion.

by Janina O. on Sep 27th, 2013

I found him to be pleasant, caring, and very gentle doctor, in performing a delicate procedure. He provided me with what I need, I got rid of my terrible back pain He definitely seems to know his field well. . He did an excellent job. He also answered all my questions.

|  A true asset to his field.....Dr. Eugene Bulkin  |  show details
by Courtney Andrea Fox on May 7th, 2013

I strongly endorse Dr. Eugene Bulkin at Mt Sinai Hospital. Ive been a patient for 5 years, and am certain he is one of the most highly experienced doctors in his field. In addition to being incredibly compassionate, Dr. Bulkin has always responded to my inquiries expeditiously. Recently, i nearly ruptured one of the herniated discs in my back and was in excruciating pain. Within minutes, he replied to my email, shuffled his schedule around and secured a surgical room to accommodate my emergency visit.What NYC hospital specialist does that?? His standard of providing top quality care, and method of carefully explaining his very sound medical recommendations has always provided me the highest degree of confidence. His staff is also courteous, considerate and professional. Dr. Bulkin exemplifies what doctors are supposed to be- highly knowledgeable, caring and compassionate ambassadors in their area of specialty. He is a true asset to his field.

|  Definitely one of the best in his field......  |  show details
by Courtney A. on May 7th, 2013 on doctor.com

Read Full Review at doctor.com
by Carl M on Apr 16th, 2013

Dr. Bulkin is a highly skilled interventional physiatrist. I have been his patient for over 5 years after a lumbar discectomy. He provides excellent clinical assessments, and is skilled at epidural steroid injection, almost always producing significant and long lasting relief. I highly, highly recommend him. He recently moved from Beth Israel to Mount Sinai. The new offices are bright & clean and the office staff is highly service oriented.

Oct 17th, 2012

outstanding professional manner.

|  I recommend Dr. Bulkin  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

The overall experience was a positive one. There were a good amount of people in the waiting room and the staff was nice to everyone. I also called twice aferwards to followup and they were very polite and helpful ( I just asked that referrals be faxed to me and Sheena sent them right over). Dr. Bulkin made me feel at ease throughout the visit by answering my questions. He does not show a dismissive air or behave as though he has to finish with you as quickly as possible to run off to the next patient (the visit was really quick and I am sure it is because he has many patients but he was very attentive). I give the man an A!

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2012

This doctor seemed completely uninterested and definitely had nothing to say or add to my diagnosis of herniated disks. He was not interested in looking at my body. He simply said that if I was in pain I should have a cortisone shot. He would not discuss the possibles causes or links with other physical conditions. He wouldn't discuss or look at my arm movements, which were highly limited and completely painful. He walked out of the room seven minutes after arriving, saying there was nothing to do other than cortisone, that this "was life after 40" (I'm 41 and in great health other than this problem) and when I said, "You're leaving now?" he began to mutter rude things about me in the hallway as he departed. Completely unprofessional and apparently has very little to say or do as a doctor. I would highly recommend that no one sees him, even as a last resort. One is worse off afterwards.

Apr 14th, 2012

Very attentive doctor, good manners, caring & knowledgeable.

|  wonderful doctor  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

I was quite surprised by the sometime negative reviews .I was totally pleased and would reccomend wholeheartedly

|  Very thorough & informative.  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

He's been my pain management doctor for a few years and he's great. The staff I'm not crazy about. They hardly ever answer the phone when I call to make appts. But I'll go through whatever wait I have to go through just to see him.

|  Worth the wait  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Bulkin is a wonderful doctor. His bedside manner is warm, professional, funny, and caring. He knows his specialty extremely well and asked just the right questions to put me at ease. He was extremely willing to answer every question I had (and even a few I didn't think of), and clearly explained the next steps of my treatment to me. Also it was very easy to get an appointment with him on extremely short notice due to my pain, which was fantastic for me since I am relatively new to the city.The only downside is that the wait for him was quite long, easily over an hour. This probably is a result from his willingness to schedule in new patients, but if you do go to him I recommend bringing a good book...or three. But ultimately he is worth the wait. Also the office staff and nurses I dealt with were very professional, though I can't give 4 stars as I did see another secretary in the office snap at some patients. Overall, a very positive experience - I'm very glad Dr. Bulkin is my doctor.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

I had an appointment with Dr. Bulkin on a short notice because of my pain. Dr. Bulkin was very caring and very professional. He gave me his email and answering service number. When I had to use this contact information over the weekend, he called me back immediately and spent quite a long time on the phone with me, on a Sunday! I could not have been happier with the care that I received.

|  Dr. Bulkin was great  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

I've been to several specialists in last month. He was first one who felt like he was integrating lots of different information & data to come up with an accurate diagnosis. Also was most pleasant doctor I've seen in months, even during an unpleasant procedure.

|  Plan to spend the day  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

I did not get to see Dr. Bulkin, because I arrived promptly for my appointment and then sat there for 45 minutes after the scheduled time with no explanation, so I left and filed a complaint.

|  Doctor Didn't Care At All About My Pain  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Bulkin about my neck and back pain, and rather than being willing to delve deeper into what was causing it, taking my word for the fact that I had been trying various conservative treatments for years, he insisted that the only thing that could possibly help me was more physiotherapy. If previous physiotherapy hadn't solve numerous herniated discs and severe head, neck, and back pain, I highly doubt that it was going to suddenly solve it now. And even if his suggested methods were different, the fact that he was farming me off, rather than even taking a medical history, suggested an extreme lack of interest in patient wellfare and an utter lack of thoroughness.